Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] ASICMiner Prisma 1.4th/s - 1.47 BTC - page 16. (Read 49842 times)

legendary
Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007
For no reason all boards are hashing and no resets for over 12 hours. I changed nothing but for some reason it's all working ATM. I would feel more comfortable if I knew what and why this is all happening.

It's getting cold this weekend? I'm starting to think issues being reported are heat related. The unit I had brought up from you has been running without issue since I powered it on 10 hours ago. The first thing I did when I received your unit is tighten any loose screws. Next I flipped the handles around to give the outside chips some breathing room.

For those still experiencing issues after doing these 2 things, I suggest moving the units to a cooler environment or lowering the clock freq.
Activity: 268
Merit: 250

i get almost equal accepts as rejects also
I don't have any solutions yet but I'll share some of my findings anyways.
Config is 2x prisma's, 3x 1000w PSU and BE200 controller running v 5.47, 12v 2a power supply for controller.
layout: BE200 controller - 1/17 - 2/18 - 3/19 - 4/20 - 5/21 - 6/22 - 7/23 - 8/24
all screws are tight, missing screws replaced, fans pulling air towards heatsink, handles facing inwards
air intake temp 50-80f

Slush's pool seems to auto generate a worker name which blocks manually setting difficulty. I think the auto difficulty is causing the hashrate to drop to as low as 200GH/s if left alone overnight.
BTC Guild worker names work properly, >/=2048 or
The biggest issue I see is the controller rebooting randomly and not detecting all boards. This happens with 3 different controller power supplies, clock speeds between 220-250MHz, 50f intake temp, controller connected to board 8/24, random board orders or either prisma individually. I started keeping a log of what boards are detected after rebooting to look for patterns and the weird thing is sometimes it sees just 1/2 of a board towards the end of the chain. For instance, it saw just board 23 after one reboot which is towards the end of the chain.
mine does this down to 300 gh/s overnight with no pwr dwns etc just a low hashrate
Activity: 476
For no reason all boards are hashing and no resets for over 12 hours. I changed nothing but for some reason it's all working ATM. I would feel more comfortable if I knew what and why this is all happening.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Config is 2x prisma's, 3x 1000w PSU and BE200 controller running v 5.47, 12v 2a power supply for controller.
layout: BE200 controller - 1/17 - 2/18 - 3/19 - 4/20 - 5/21 - 6/22 - 7/23 - 8/24
all screws are tight, missing screws replaced, fans pulling air towards heatsink, handles facing inwards
air intake temp 50-80f

Slush's pool seems to auto generate a worker name which blocks manually setting difficulty. I think the auto difficulty is causing the hashrate to drop to as low as 200GH/s if left alone overnight.
The biggest issue I see is the controller rebooting randomly and not detecting all boards. This happens with 3 different controller power supplies, clock speeds between 220-250MHz, 50f intake temp, controller connected to board 8/24, random board orders or either prisma individually. I started keeping a log of what boards are detected after rebooting to look for patterns and the weird thing is sometimes it sees just 1/2 of a board towards the end of the chain. For instance, it saw just board 23 after one reboot which is towards the end of the chain.

1)run one at freq 220.
2) turn handles out
3) add a good fan   push pull
4)set your btc Guild worker at 1024 or 512
5) use a  5volt 1 amp power supply for your controller

Activity: 67
Merit: 10
air intake temp 50-80f

I am running an evga g2 1000w on 2 boards and a corsair cx750m on 2 boards

Plenty of juice if the PSUs are good.  Is the drop on your statistic page across the board, or on the same chains every time?
both are pretty new psu's and have been working fine its weird i always have board2 -18 that get 1-2 pwrdn and have the highest hwe rate but across all the hash just drops off I believe it to be thermal throttling pwr dn does not go up just hash drops to about 50% it may be the BE controller once the adapters arrive i will use in a colder environment over wifi which i got configured today ty crazyguy for the step by step for ssh into rpi  Wink
Activity: 440
anyone else have issue where the prisma comes up great but within in hour it just keeps losing hash down to like 700gh/s? I am using the BE controller atm until adapters arrive

Yep a few of us are. At this point I'm waiting for the adapter to see what happens on the RPi with Minera.

Have you updated the Controller?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8469941

I have not done it yet. Will do it tonight late early AM. I get alot of stales on start up at the Guild but it levels out. I got a lot of stale dupe on Gash with every mining rig I tried there so I simply don't mine there.
Im wondering if it is a heat issue im in AZ and it still is pretty hot here during the day I removed my ac unit from the area for the winter but it may be a little warm still
Activity: 476
anyone else have issue where the prisma comes up great but within in hour it just keeps losing hash down to like 700gh/s? I am using the BE controller atm until adapters arrive

Yep a few of us are. At this point I'm waiting for the adapter to see what happens on the RPi with Minera.
Activity: 918
Merit: 1002
BTW the corsair wires get warm I saw people saying 2 of these to run the prisma i would say better to have the evga 1300 less watts but wires are better
I'm running with the EVGA G2 1300 without an issue so far.  Let us know what you find out if you start troubleshooting the PSUs.

Plenty of juice if the PSUs are good.  Is the drop on your statistic page across the board, or on the same chains every time?
BTW the corsair wires get warm I saw people saying 2 of these to run the prisma i would say better to have the evga 1300 less watts but wires are better

That may be a PSU issue.  You might try chaining just two boards up and seeing if it acts saner, then try the other two boards and see if you can determine a bad board.  If everything runs full speed with two boards, try three.  What type of PSU do you have?
legendary
Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007
Anyone know the Minera password for the PI image? Grin the one sent from crazy

Password is
minera
Which version of cgminer are you using?  Is it the official AM one or just the latest cgminer version?  How was the set-up?
I'm using the BE controller until my USB adapter arrives.  It's "BE200 Jet Stratum Miner V 5.47"
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
So I've been scouring the forums, please forgive me if I missed the obvious answer.

This is the first bit of AM gear I've had recently, and I'm curious about the number of dupes I'm seeing on ghash.io.  It averages out to about 6%, which seems a little high to me.  I'm running a Block Erupter controller, although I should have the rPi running next week.

The machines are running 99.5% efficiency on the back end, and I've seen no PwrDns and the HWe is 0.1.  Anyone else seeing similar results?  I'm 30 minutes from the DC on the weekends, so I'm hesitant to reboot.

Let me know what you guys think!

Cheers.

Which version of cgminer are you using?  Is it the official AM one or just the latest cgminer version?  How was the set-up?
Anyone know the Minera password for the PI image? Grin the one sent from crazy
Pages:
Jump to: