Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] ASICMiner Prisma 1.4th/s - 1.47 BTC - page 10. (Read 49842 times)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0
3 Prismas on RPi with CrazyGuys Minera fork now for 35 hours hashing perfectly!!! At the pool of my choice Eligius.

I am still on the block erupter for now, mining on GHASH.io, I set the difficulty to 2048 on Ghash.io. Good idea or not? Will this not do anything on the BE?

Should be fine unless they hit some really quick blocks. GHASH will accept any difficulty so you might as well just set it to 1470.

Some have suggested that raising the diff will help with lowering duplicates at GHash I don't know if there is anything to that though. Others have suggested that the Prisma doesn't handle vardiff that well and think that setting a higher diff can help but I don't know if there is anything to that either. With all that said like CrazyGuy said unless they find a block really quickly it shouldn't hurt.

I asked once already but it got lost in the thread. What is the system load in Minerea actually measuring? Mine are always yellow and didn't know if I should be concerned and would using a wired connection vs wifi lower the system load?

From what I can find it in Minera forum posts appears that is the "load" on the RPi resources. 
I currently have 2 Prisma on my RPi using wired connection and my RPi shows Green

http://i.imgur.com/OG3oJIw.png
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
what do I use for minera password ?

"minera" change it on the settings page you should also change it in the terminal for ssh changing one does not change the other

user for ssh is also minera
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
what do I use for minera password ?

Activity: 918
Merit: 1002
I am going to lowes to get a few parts
I found this article today and thought of you--I know you were thinking about doing something like this come winter.  Now that the cold's here, I'm bringing something to mine bitcoins and keep my feet warm to work tomorrow!

Cheers.
Activity: 476
3 Prismas on RPi with CrazyGuys Minera fork now for 35 hours hashing perfectly!!! At the pool of my choice Eligius.

I am still on the block erupter for now, mining on GHASH.io, I set the difficulty to 2048 on Ghash.io. Good idea or not? Will this not do anything on the BE?

Should be fine unless they hit some really quick blocks. GHASH will accept any difficulty so you might as well just set it to 1470.

Some have suggested that raising the diff will help with lowering duplicates at GHash I don't know if there is anything to that though. Others have suggested that the Prisma doesn't handle vardiff that well and think that setting a higher diff can help but I don't know if there is anything to that either. With all that said like CrazyGuy said unless they find a block really quickly it shouldn't hurt.

I asked once already but it got lost in the thread. What is the system load in Minerea actually measuring? Mine are always yellow and didn't know if I should be concerned and would using a wired connection vs wifi lower the system load?
legendary
Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

Activity: 364
legendary
I am going to lowes to get a few parts
1 question on the new Crazyguy image, what is the default IP? 192.168.0.x or 192.168.1.x etc?

It is set up with DHCP, so the IP will be assigned by your router. Easiest way to find the rpi is through the hostname,:
priminerapi

This works well on a home router, but if you are on a more complicated network you may need to take the following steps:

1.) Determine what IP range your DHCP server is handing out to the network drop you plan to use.  Do this by plugging in the cable to a laptop/computer and jotting down the IP it assigns you.  This IP will give us the range we need for the next steps (note that the rPi won't use the same IP address when it's plugged into the same cable).

2.) Install an IP scanner tool (I use Angry IP Scanner) and point it to the entire subnet for the IP address you wrote down earlier.  For example, my DHCP server gave me a 10.2.0.34 address, so I'm going to configure Angry IP to scan IP addresses between 10.2.0.1 and 10.2.0.255.

3.) Scan the IP range with Angry IP Scanner before you plug in your Raspberry Pi.  Write down (or screenshot) the output of Angry IP (if there are just a few, write down the last number of each IP).

4.) Plug in your Raspberry Pi.

5.) Scan the IP range again, and compare your first list with your second.  The difference should be* the IP address assigned to your Raspberry Pi.

Hope that helps!

*sometimes machines don't respond quickly enough in your first scan, so you may get back a few different IPs the second time.  Check each one by trying to ssh into them i.e. "ssh [email protected]" until you get connected.  The default password for the pi user is "raspberry"
legendary
once you have screwed the top off have your spouse, girlfriend, or someone hold the tube together so you can flip the handles out

I'm going to get my spouse and my girlfriend to help, just to be safe!

Can someone with good photoshop skills take the pottery scene from Ghost and switch out the pot for a prisma?
I tried and failed at putting a fan on. I didn't want to put the fan right up against the metal because I was afraid of the heat on the plastic of the fan. OK, thanks!

once you have screwed the top off have your spouse, girlfriend, or someone hold the tube together so you can flip the handles out

smart move the  more the merrier.

@ mrpark  fan is coming
legendary

smart move the  more the merrier.

@ mrpark  fan is coming
Oh, I just bent mine out with a pair of vice grips. Hey, if you put a 2nd fan on, I would be interested I knowing how you did it....

legendary
I had to stop to watch a new World Trade Center rescue.  window washers were saved from broken machine.

I had helping hands do other end

these were only finger tight when delivered

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/673/Zzlwp3.jpg

i did them finger tight then used an allen/hex wrench

done with this stage
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
Before the massive fail of the miner, I can confirm that the Rpi image does load on the B+.  Although, can someone give me some pointers on how to enable a linux compatible wireless USB onto minera?

here is what I bought to use with the Rpi:
http://www.amazon.com/Netis-Wireless-Adapter-Antennas-WF2190/dp/B00I604M00/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1415821002&sr=8-8&keywords=netis+dual+band+usb

Activity: 268
I was up and running fine with my Prisma this morning, until I restarted to miner to update a few pools.  Now it's spitting out "BET0: Unexpected value 00 received" errors (many every second) while it hashes.  Any thought on this--I've seen a couple people with the same issue, but no solid solution yet.

Cheers!

From Settings change from CGminer (ASICMiner Fork) to CGminer (RockMiner Fork) - SAVE & RESTART then change back to CGMiner (ASICMiner Fork) - SAVE & RESTART.

Not sure who mentioned this solution previously but it has been working for me.

Cool, I'll give that a try.  Others have suggested restarting cgminer, so maybe this is one and the same.  I'll report back.

Restarting CGMiner or switching to the CGMiner 4.x (Official) then back wouldn't clear it for me.
Yeah as I've stated before make sure to use the rockminer fork then back to the cg AM fork others dont seem to clear it you will get those errors anytime you change pool info and restart miner however they dont appear when it does failover
legendary

I now have it tight with 1 set of handles out
legendary
next make sure you have this tool

set it to 1 and tighten every screw .  1 is the lite setting

now you flip the fan end down
legendary
1 question on the new Crazyguy image, what is the default IP? 192.168.0.x or 192.168.1.x etc?

It is set up with DHCP, so the IP will be assigned by your router. Easiest way to find the rpi is through the hostname,:
priminerapi
Pages:
Jump to: