Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] ASICMiner Prisma 1.4th/s - 1.47 BTC - page 25. (Read 49842 times)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0
Thanks for the updates guys! Batch #2 should be arriving any day now and all units going forward will come with the USB-UART adapters. I'll be updating the pi image tonight in preperation for their arrival. Also, I have a few A10 Cubie boards, courtesy of Rockminer, so I may work on an image there as well. I'm starting to think that the 4 Prisma limit is really a limitation of the address space and not the raspberry pi, so I'm unsure if the Cubie will actually have any advantages.
Thanks Crazy that answers my question about the PI, that has me more nervous than anything as I don't have a BE controller. Would you recommend I get one or am I going to be ok using my B+ PI's I have already? Thanks again for running this GB.
legendary
Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007
so Batch #1 should buy the UART if they need it? Not sure if I need one yet since I got the controller.

Thanks for the updates guys! Batch #2 should be arriving any day now and all units going forward will come with the USB-UART adapters. I'll be updating the pi image tonight in preperation for their arrival. Also, I have a few A10 Cubie boards, courtesy of Rockminer, so I may work on an image there as well. I'm starting to think that the 4 Prisma limit is really a limitation of the address space and not the raspberry pi, so I'm unsure if the Cubie will actually have any advantages.

Only if you need one early. I'll be sending the adapters out to batch 1 buyers that need them as well.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
so Batch #1 should buy the UART if they need it? Not sure if I need one yet since I got the controller.

Activity: 47
legendary
Activity: 25
I'm planning on using 2 x EVGA G2 750Watt PSU per Prisma miner; the 750W has 4 PCIE connectors - so 2 per hashboard isn't a problem.

If anyone is looking for a good deal Amazon has the best price currently; plus their MiR is good for 2 PSUs.

if that is a split rail psu it won't work.  I have a 750 watter and it use up to 3 cables  on the fourth it overloads.  mine is a split rail model .  check and see if it is.

The EVGA G2 750W has a single 12V rail.

Happy to report that this setup is working very nice; seeing around 1445-1460GH/s pulling 1195-1205W at the wall.

The Prisma had shifted a bit inside the foam padding, had 2 handles slightly bent (no damage to the boards) that had to be straightened a bit to be able to plug in the power connectors, the fan screws were loose & a screw was missing opposite side of the fan (found it in the box under the foam padding). Miner up and running within 15 minutes of USPS delivering the box.

Extremely pleased; thanks for organizing the GB CrazyGuy!

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
legendary
Activity: 355
Merit: 276
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
Hi Phil,
I was wondering if you had a link to where you get the good 10 gauge PSU cables?  Where I get them is way over priced.
Thanks again and keep up the great work I like you posts on different miners.  Smiley

I am certainly going to buy a prisma.  I am trying to decide which group buy to go with, this one or Canary's.  What is the deciding factor for me is when I will receive it.

When, if I order today (10.23.2014), do you estimate I would receive it?  Would it still be within October?

Thanks!

ASICMINER has informed me that there will not be an inventory shortage after the 27th. Batch 6 order will be placed on Sunday or once we reach 10 units sold. I will also have units available for immediate purchase on ASICPuppy.net very soon.

I want to buy on asicPuppy.net  please let me know when.  I will need the sd card and run it on the rasp Pi you sold me a while back.

I will post a shit load of photos and tips.  including  a demo on how your psu's power  cord matters for power use.

hint a 10gauge psu power cord does amazing watts reduction.
legendary
Activity: 1288
The USB adapter did not show up.
When it does I will make sure to test and publish an update with how they work.

Are they being shipped with a usb interface? if not then I need to get one of the controllers Sad
legendary
Activity: 2408
Power per unit
From wall
Please
I bought the Ethernet controller from Crazyguy for .069 BTC which shipped with my miner. I have not set it up yet.

what controller you have for miner? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 2408
what controller you have for miner? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Activity: 476
I am certainly going to buy a prisma.  I am trying to decide which group buy to go with, this one or Canary's.  What is the deciding factor for me is when I will receive it.

When, if I order today (10.23.2014), do you estimate I would receive it?  Would it still be within October?

Thanks!
I will say this, based on my past experiences CrazyGuy is the one to go to. Nothing wrong with Canary but CrazyGuy seems to put more effort in as far as communication and dealing with questions.

On a side note the EVGA 1300 is running the prisma without issues. Using the 6 cables as 8 with all the connectors firmly seated and they don't feel warm at all.
legendary
I am certainly going to buy a prisma.  I am trying to decide which group buy to go with, this one or Canary's.  What is the deciding factor for me is when I will receive it.

When, if I order today (10.23.2014), do you estimate I would receive it?  Would it still be within October?

Thanks!

ASICMINER has informed me that there will not be an inventory shortage after the 27th. Batch 6 order will be placed on Sunday or once we reach 10 units sold. I will also have units available for immediate purchase on ASICPuppy.net very soon.

I want to buy on asicPuppy.net  please let me know when.  I will need the sd card and run it on the rasp Pi you sold me a while back.

I will post a shit load of photos and tips.  including  a demo on how your psu's power  cord matters for power use.

hint a 10gauge psu power cord does amazing watts reduction.
legendary
I am certainly going to buy a prisma.  I am trying to decide which group buy to go with, this one or Canary's.  What is the deciding factor for me is when I will receive it.

When, if I order today (10.23.2014), do you estimate I would receive it?  Would it still be within October?

Thanks!

Activity: 650
Merit: 500
Pick and place? I need more coffee.

Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: