Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] ASICMiner Prisma 1.4th/s - 1.47 BTC - page 26. (Read 49842 times)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0
So just to be sure. I have Corsair 1200W PSU And Rasp Pi ready. Will I need anything else in order to be able to use Prism when it arrives?
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
I just hooked up the 2nd one using phillipma1957's suggestion so far so good but it's only been about 20 mins. The cables don't feel warm as of yet.

It should be good.

if you have a k-watt meter check watts should be 1020-1100 watts.

if you can post a photo to show  the hook up please do.

It seems OK none of the connectors are warm at all. The wires are a little warm (barely) but not like before when I was just using 4 cables. The bottom/left share one of the double cables and the top/right share the other. The short cable between the 2 connectors isn't warm at all.
I'll keep a close eye the next few days. No meter sorry. I need to get one now that you mention it maybe I'll get one tomorrow. Any recommendations.

this model is pretty good.  I have found that k-watt meters do not like to run 24/7/365  if they are over 1200 watts

I have also found the evga 1300 can do about 1215 watts at 24/7/365 well I ran one for 70 days pulling 1215-1220 watts.

http://www.amazon.com/P3-P4400-Electricity-Usage-Monitor/dp/B00009MDBU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1414065248&sr=8-1&keywords=kill+a+watt

look for  a better price but 20 bucks is decent
Activity: 440
Merit: 250
Are they being shipped with a usb interface? if not then I need to get one of the controllers Sad
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
My Prisma review is up.
A beast of a miner that is for sure.  I like it just cannot get over how loud it is. LOL
It is sucking up more power than was anticipated.
1218 watts at the wall on an EVGA 1300 Watt G2 PSU.

I just hooked up the 2nd one using phillipma1957's suggestion so far so good but it's only been about 20 mins. The cables don't feel warm as of yet.

It should be good.

if you can post a photo to show  the hook up please do.
Activity: 476

It should be good.

if you can post a photo to show  the hook up please do.

It seems OK none of the connectors are warm at all. The wires are a little warm (barely) but not like before when I was just using 4 cables. The bottom/left share one of the double cables and the top/right share the other. The short cable between the 2 connectors isn't warm at all.
I'll keep a close eye the next few days. No meter sorry. I need to get one now that you mention it maybe I'll get one tomorrow. Any recommendations.

legendary

It should be good.

if you can post a photo to show  the hook up please do.
legendary
I'm planning on using 2 x EVGA G2 750Watt PSU per Prisma miner; the 750W has 4 PCIE connectors - so 2 per hashboard isn't a problem.

If anyone is looking for a good deal Amazon has the best price currently; plus their MiR is good for 2 PSUs.

if that is a split rail psu it won't work.  I have a 750 watter and it use up to 3 cables  on the fourth it overloads.  mine is a split rail model .  check and see if it is.

The EVGA G2 750W has a single 12V rail.

yeah I have a bronze yours is the gold so it makes sense.
Activity: 440
Would two CX750's work for one Prisma?  

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139040

Also, can I run them both off of 110V or would I need a 220V outlet?

Thanks.

they are single rail so that helps. i need to get a good look at the pcie's cables.

looks like 2 pcie cables that would be a no go.

but the modular one looks good

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139051&cm_re=corsair_cxm-_-17-139-051-_-Product

I bought one of these last month from Best Buy.... was in a pinch.  They run hot and exhaust a lot of hot. I wanted to return it when EVGA psu came in but my wife said no.  
Comes with 3 pcie cables with 4 connections.  Typical Corsair with cables.  I have used a shop in the UK to make RM cables which is identical to CX RM HX finding a local shop was impossible.  25 bucks shipped but took a week to be delivered.

--Edit Shop is in UK.  
Activity: 476
Activity: 25
I'm planning on using 2 x EVGA G2 750Watt PSU per Prisma miner; the 750W has 4 PCIE connectors - so 2 per hashboard isn't a problem.

If anyone is looking for a good deal Amazon has the best price currently; plus their MiR is good for 2 PSUs.

if that is a split rail psu it won't work.  I have a 750 watter and it use up to 3 cables  on the fourth it overloads.  mine is a split rail model .  check and see if it is.

The EVGA G2 750W has a single 12V rail.
legendary
Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

Thanks.

Voltage to your PSU doesn't matter, as long as it can handle it. So either 110v or 220v AC is fine. I believe that PSU has 4 pcie connectors but they are carried over two cables. I suggest using 8 separate cables to your PSU if possible. I highly recommend 2 of sidehack's 750w dell conversion kits to one Prisma for 110-240v operation.
legendary

Thanks.

they are single rail so that helps. i need to get a good look at the pcie's cables.

looks like 2 pcie cables that would be a no go.

but the modular one looks good

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139051&cm_re=corsair_cxm-_-17-139-051-_-Product
Activity: 220
Merit: 100

Thanks.
legendary
That makes sense, connectors on a single rail should take path of least resistance.
legendary

legendary
How did you get 8 Cables on an EVGA 1300? I guess you had some around?

Do those EVGA PSU come with 8 pcie connectors? I would recommend using all 8 connectors to lower the load on each cable. If you are only using 4 of the connectors, make sure the cables and connection points aren't getting hot. You are drawing about 250 watts through each cable with 4, so make sure they are high quality 16 guage and bump up to 8 if possible, or risk melting the cables or connectors.

Okay did some rearranging. Thanks for the advice CrazyGuy I was starting to get concerned about the heat, but now with 8 cables all is well. This does put me in a bind though as far as my psu choice is concerned.

Sorry for not explaining. I didn't. I moved the 1300 up to power 3 S3's and am using my EVGA 1500 for the Prisma, it has 8 cables. I'm still in a bind here though because I have 2 1300's coming today and 2 more prismas to power.
SHIT...

EDIT; I do have a bunch of extra cables is there some configuration I'm missing to get 8 out of it? I didn't think the 2 next to the VGA connectors were in play.

yes you can.  you should have 6 pcie cables 2 have 2 plugs.  4 have 1 plug.

am I correct??

my evga  has 6 cables  4 with 1 plug 2 with 2 plugs.

look closely   this is the 2 two plug cables   make believe that fan is the plug end fan on the long tube.

this will be two cables with 4 plugs  one plug in eacb side.   THIS IS NOT ENOUGH

you then have the 4 single cables plug one to each side.  so six cables pull 1200 watts.  each side of the unit has 1  cable with the long plug and 1/2 of the two plug cables  I don't have enough hands to hold it in place. but those 6 cables can carry 1200 watts even 1215.  if you think you understand the way to wire it please do and shoot a photo to us. I can confirm.

I think this would result in the same 250 watt load on each split cable, even if the cable is going across 2 boards. 1 board with a single cable and half of a split cable would draw 125 watts at each connector. The split cable would provide 125 watts on each board it is connected to. This would result in 250 watts on one cable, regardless of how it is configured.

yeah you may be correct but I don't think so.   the 2 jacks on each board pull 250-260 watts. they should pull more power on the single cable due to less resistance .  the dual plug cables  will be more resistant to the draw then the single plug cables.   each board get to pull 250-260 watts across  3 hot wires on the single cable and share 3 hot wires on the dual cable .  so each board is getting 4.5 x 18 awg wire.

that should work.
 remember the two jacks on the board  share common hot lead and common ground.

the draw should self level.   (in theory) .

I did a lot of this on the short tubes and I got 290 freq and 1000  watts doing it this way the cables did not overheat.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
I think this would result in the same 250 watt load on each split cable, even if the cable is going across 2 boards. 1 board with a single cable and half of a split cable would draw 125 watts at each connector. The split cable would provide 125 watts on each board it is connected to. This would result in 250 watts on one cable, regardless of how it is configured.

Those EVGA power supplies can handle 250W. I know it exceeds PCI-E specs and I would normally advise against that, but I have EVGA 1300s powering some Zeus gear, which is notorious for excessive power consumption (e.g. 1050W on 4 PCI-E 6-pin connectors) for a few months now without any issues. Just take care with the connectors both at the device and at the PSU - sometimes the pins in the connector get pushed out or otherwise don't make good contact and that will result in melted plastic. Monitor the temperatures and you should be fine. Don't sue me if your house burns down.
legendary

Do those EVGA PSU come with 8 pcie connectors? I would recommend using all 8 connectors to lower the load on each cable. If you are only using 4 of the connectors, make sure the cables and connection points aren't getting hot. You are drawing about 250 watts through each cable with 4, so make sure they are high quality 16 guage and bump up to 8 if possible, or risk melting the cables or connectors.

Okay did some rearranging. Thanks for the advice CrazyGuy I was starting to get concerned about the heat, but now with 8 cables all is well. This does put me in a bind though as far as my psu choice is concerned.

Sorry for not explaining. I didn't. I moved the 1300 up to power 3 S3's and am using my EVGA 1500 for the Prisma, it has 8 cables. I'm still in a bind here though because I have 2 1300's coming today and 2 more prismas to power.
SHIT...

EDIT; I do have a bunch of extra cables is there some configuration I'm missing to get 8 out of it? I didn't think the 2 next to the VGA connectors were in play.

am I correct??

look closely   this is the 2 two plug cables   make believe that fan is the plug end fan on the long tube.

this will be two cables with 4 plugs  one plug in eacb side.   THIS IS NOT ENOUGH

you then have the 4 single cables plug one to each side.  so six cables pull 1200 watts.  each side of the unit has 1  cable with the long plug and 1/2 of the two plug cables  I don't have enough hands to hold it in place. but those 6 cables can carry 1200 watts even 1215.  if you think you understand the way to wire it please do and shoot a photo to us. I can confirm.

legendary

SHIT...

am I correct??

Activity: 25

Pages:
Jump to: