Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] ASICMiner Prisma 1.4th/s - 1.47 BTC - page 27. (Read 49674 times)

legendary
Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007
Any remaining prisma from batch 5
I want to buy on e

Batch 6 is open, batch 5 is sold out.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
That's what I thought  Angry

This is what im referring to, so I guess we can't use the middle 6 pin PCI-E because the cable will be too how with both connectors in use?

I don't think that solves the problem. It seems the same as using one.
Activity: 476
This is what im referring to, so I guess we can't use the middle 6 pin PCI-E because the cable will be too how with both connectors in use?

I don't think that solves the problem. It seems the same as using one.

I also would like to know the answer to this question, can you try it on your miner putting 1 cable with the middle and the end adapter being used? Does it get hot that way? (maybe not a good idea to try this)

Yeah I'm not really sure how I'm going to go about this yet. But I think I can only get 1 extra pcie safely using the molex connectors.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
Hello

Are these on hand and available to order?
I also would like to know the answer to this question, can you try it on your miner putting 1 cable with the middle and the end adapter being used? Does it get hot that way? (maybe not a good idea to try this)

The reason I asked is because I have an EVGA 1300 and I have 8 pcie cables coming out of it, I just didn't remember if I had pulled extra cables from another EVGA 1300. So the dilimma with that PSU is not a limit on the number of pcie connectors on the PSU, but the number of cables that they provide by default . You just need to find someone that sells aftermarket pcie cables that are compatible with the EVGA 1300 and order 2 for each unit.

Forgive my ignorance here but where did you plug the extra 2 cables on the power supply?

I might be thinking of my corsair 1200. how many 4 pin molex adapters does it come with? If 4 separate cables for molex, you could  buy 2 molex to pcie adapters. Youll need the pcie connector split from two seperate 4 pin molex on two different cables

It came with 2 separate cables with 2 molex connectors each. So I can make one out each of those. Man thanks for your help today.

Oh by the way after learning the BE Controller works on as little as 5V I am now using a wall adapter and it's working fine with that as well. 5V 3A
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
Any remaining prisma from batch 5
I want to buy on e

The reason I asked is because I have an EVGA 1300 and I have 8 pcie cables coming out of it, I just didn't remember if I had pulled extra cables from another EVGA 1300. So the dilimma with that PSU is not a limit on the number of pcie connectors on the PSU, but the number of cables that they provide by default . You just need to find someone that sells aftermarket pcie cables that are compatible with the EVGA 1300 and order 2 for each unit.

Forgive my ignorance here but where did you plug the extra 2 cables on the power supply?

I might be thinking of my corsair 1200. how many 4 pin molex adapters does it come with? If 4 separate cables for molex, you could  buy 2 molex to pcie adapters. Youll need the pcie connector split from two seperate 4 pin molex on two different cables

It came with 2 separate cables with 2 molex connectors each. So I can make one out each of those. Man thanks for your help today.

Oh by the way after learning the BE Controller works on as little as 5V I am now using a wall adapter and it's working fine with that as well. 5V 3A
You cant buy extra cables for the EVGA 1300.

1) there are only 6 slots for the red cables. (the other slots say CPU)
2) although there a are 6 cables, some have double PCI-E 6 connectors. (but apparently we can only use 1 PCI-E 6 per cable)

So the conclusion is you need another power supply with the 1300, unless you can use a single cable (and adapter in the middle, and on the end) to power two PCI-E 6 slots.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
Is the batch 6 still open for orders? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
While the EVGA 1300 has 6 cables, a few of them have two sets of 6 pins on each cable. Is each PCI-E wired independently I wonder? If anyone knows part number that would be great.

How did you get 8 Cables on an EVGA 1300? I guess you had some around?

Do those EVGA PSU come with 8 pcie connectors? I would recommend using all 8 connectors to lower the load on each cable. If you are only using 4 of the connectors, make sure the cables and connection points aren't getting hot. You are drawing about 250 watts through each cable with 4, so make sure they are high quality 16 guage and bump up to 8 if possible, or risk melting the cables or connectors.

Okay did some rearranging. Thanks for the advice CrazyGuy I was starting to get concerned about the heat, but now with 8 cables all is well. This does put me in a bind though as far as my psu choice is concerned.

Sorry for not explaining. I didn't. I moved the 1300 up to power 3 S3's and am using my EVGA 1500 for the Prisma, it has 8 cables. I'm still in a bind here though because I have 2 1300's coming today and 2 more prismas to power.
SHIT...

legendary

Do those EVGA PSU come with 8 pcie connectors? I would recommend using all 8 connectors to lower the load on each cable. If you are only using 4 of the connectors, make sure the cables and connection points aren't getting hot. You are drawing about 250 watts through each cable with 4, so make sure they are high quality 16 guage and bump up to 8 if possible, or risk melting the cables or connectors.

Okay did some rearranging. Thanks for the advice CrazyGuy I was starting to get concerned about the heat, but now with 8 cables all is well. This does put me in a bind though as far as my psu choice is concerned.

Sorry for not explaining. I didn't. I moved the 1300 up to power 3 S3's and am using my EVGA 1500 for the Prisma, it has 8 cables. I'm still in a bind here though because I have 2 1300's coming today and 2 more prismas to power.
SHIT...

I am also in the same bind, because all I have is an EVGA 1300 as well. I supposed I can buy another less powerful power supply. Are these 8 pin or 6 pin connectors on the miner?

2 six pin connections on each board.
I am also in the same bind, because all I have is an EVGA 1300 as well. I supposed I can buy another less powerful power supply. Are these 8 pin or 6 pin connectors on the miner?

SHIT...

SHIT...

EDIT; I do have a bunch of extra cables is there some configuration I'm missing to get 8 out of it? I didn't think the 2 next to the VGA connectors were in play.

Pages:
Jump to: