Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] Avalon ASIC chip distribution - page 38. (Read 220163 times)

legendary
Activity: 2271
Merit: 1363
One sample would be free for distribution. None from my 1st batch buyers has enough ordered to be entitled for that one, while users strombom, OROBANK, or Exoskeleton have at least some share in that.

Comments?

Me and strombom each have 50 chips in the 1st batch, and OROBANK has 100. Perhaps we could draw straws and OROBANK could get 2 of the 4 straws. strombom and I would each only get one straw. So OROBANK has a 50% chance while me and strombom each have a 25% chance. Does that sound fair to you guys?

We should decide this soon because you could get the chips tomorrow and after you have them we don't want to waste any time before shippng. To keep it quick and simple I suggest zefir does the drawing of straws for us.

No, I am not going to draw straws, since half of you would assume I cheated Wink

But the Idea is basically what I had in mind, just needed to wait and assure that with SebastianJu we can supply the core projects with samples.

Rule for the one sample

We are at block 241262 right now. The first block >= 241280 whose hash's last digits matches the digits assigned decides who is to get the sample. The assignment is follows:
  • OROBANK: 1, 2
  • Exoskeleton: 3
  • strombom: 4

One blockchain to rule as all.

Someone please quote the rule.
donator
Activity: 919
Merit: 1000
One sample would be free for distribution. None from my 1st batch buyers has enough ordered to be entitled for that one, while users strombom, OROBANK, or Exoskeleton have at least some share in that.

Comments?

Me and strombom each have 50 chips in the 1st batch, and OROBANK has 100. Perhaps we could draw straws and OROBANK could get 2 of the 4 straws. strombom and I would each only get one straw. So OROBANK has a 50% chance while me and strombom each have a 25% chance. Does that sound fair to you guys?

We should decide this soon because you could get the chips tomorrow and after you have them we don't want to waste any time before shippng. To keep it quick and simple I suggest zefir does the drawing of straws for us.

No, I am not going to draw straws, since half of you would assume I cheated Wink

But the Idea is basically what I had in mind, just needed to wait and assure that with SebastianJu we can supply the core projects with samples.

Rule for the one sample

We are at block 241262 right now. The first block >= 241280 whose hash's last digits matches the digits assigned decides who is to get the sample. The assignment is follows:
  • OROBANK: 1, 2
  • Exoskeleton: 3
  • strombom: 4

One blockchain to rule as all.

Someone please quote the rule.
donator
Thanks for the heads up, folks.

I re-posted my issue with the cancelled 8th batch, let's see what happens. Obviously they started working on tickets, since the one I opened some days ago to complain about the 'one set of sample chips per shipping address' mistake was closed.

To be clear: I am not worried to loose the coins, Avalon made so much money, the do not need to steal. My major concern is to get 10k chips next year that will became almost worthless by then.

Cheers
Activity: 338
Merit: 251

Comments?

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Avalon just opened up:

SUPPORT.AVALON-ASICS.com (http://support.avalon-asics.com)

It's not loading for me. But may be worth a look zefir for that batch you paid for but didn't get confirmation for.

QG

still no news on the missing btc?Huh?
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Avalon just opened up:

It's not loading for me. But may be worth a look zefir for that batch you paid for but didn't get confirmation for.

Try http://support.avalon-asic.com (not plural)
Activity: 617
Merit: 543
http://idontALT.com
Avalon just opened up:

QG
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
@zefir... i shipped 20 sample chips to burnin and will wait with shipping the remaining ones after i checked back with you.

30 samples were delivered... 20 samples are on its way to burnin... Unfortunately i was 2 minutes too late at the post counter so it will be taken tomorrow from that branch. This way sending via express didnt make sense anymore... so it should be with burnin the day after tomorrow... Smiley

I worked with antistatic workspace and pincette. I really hope i did everything correctly. Ill post later some pictures of the chips. They are really awful tiny.

The other chips i will package today after checking back with zefir.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2452212

Great to hear!

Tracking mine also fails, i.e. EMS tracking indicates they are still in Beijing. So I might get them tomorrow.

After marto74 clarified that he need the samples from batch 1 he paid for, I'd basically stick with what we discussed above, so I am to send:
  • BkkCoins: 17
  • marto74: 6
  • allten: 2
  • hata1234: 2
  • private project: 2

Comments?

Ok, good to hear. In that case i will ship the remaining 10 chips to the following users:

daemondazz
bcdev
flyonwall
szym00
innovina
hf_developer
evilscoop
sensei
DaGreatRV
villex

And when the samples from the other batches arrive any dev will have enough anyway.
donator
@zefir... i shipped 20 sample chips to burnin and will wait with shipping the remaining ones after i checked back with you.

30 samples were delivered... 20 samples are on its way to burnin... Unfortunately i was 2 minutes too late at the post counter so it will be taken tomorrow from that branch. This way sending via express didnt make sense anymore... so it should be with burnin the day after tomorrow... Smiley

I worked with antistatic workspace and pincette. I really hope i did everything correctly. Ill post later some pictures of the chips. They are really awful tiny.

Great to hear!

Tracking mine also fails, i.e. EMS tracking indicates they are still in Beijing. So I might get them tomorrow.

After marto74 clarified that he need the samples from batch 1 he paid for, I'd basically stick with what we discussed above, so I am to send:
  • BkkCoins: 17
  • marto74: 6
  • allten: 2
  • hata1234: 2
  • private project: 2

Comments?
legendary

legendary
Smiley

Possibly good news... i got a EMS-Envelope that has the trackingnumber of the sample chips... Strangely i couldnt track the shipment with this trackingnnumber at EMS-Website but it looks like the samples are here now... Smiley
Im not at home for some hours unfortunately but the trackingnumber seems to be correct... Smiley

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2449727
Activity: 338
Merit: 251
Looks like I got ghosted on the developer lists here. Well I don't mind if the 50 chips I got pledged from the very first batch go to one of the big 2 developers. Meaning BkkCoins and burnin. They deserve it a little more than I do for sure. Many more people depend on them. Lets take care of them first.

Considering the fact that Im being squeezed out of my 1st batch pledged chips, if I can get 1-2 chips from a later shipment of test chips I will be happy with that. Hopefully they are not too far behind. I technically need to get another pledge to fully qualify for a test chip and I hope someone else will support me soon. If not, I think it would be fair for me to get at least one chip considering everything. Im over 50% of the way to one already. I need at least 1 chip for testing. 2 would be nice.

Thanks for handling this gracefully zefir. Some people will have to unfairly get sidelined due to the very limited numbers. I promise not to be someone who complains about it or holds a grudge. I know your in a tough spot calling the shots and I trust that whatever you decide will be fair.
Activity: 404
Merit: 270
We didn't ask anybody to support us,  as there are still so many unknown variables...
We are working hard on a solution that will benefit everybody, as we strongly believe in the community and decentralization.

The best solution imo is that we have as many developers as possible ! This will guarantee low prices and good product design...

One BFL disaster is enough  Tongue
legendary
Let me know what you will do.

I basically agree and if the demands you posted are reported by the developers, then we can ensure a sufficient support. The only buyer from my list who would get less samples than he paid for is marto74 (2 instead of 6), but if you know for sure that he's fine with that, I'm all ok.

Now we need to wait and see when (my tracking number says samples are still in Beijing) they arrive and how many of them.

marto74 already answered to that point though i think a 10 chip board cant be done with 6 or 8 chips only. So he probably can end his design when the other sample chips arrive anyway and he gets 2 more chips. Man... this all sucks...

I cant track the samples. When i add the tracking id it tells me that the number is incorrect or the shipment isnt existing. Im not sure whats the reason.

@docjunior... youre right about what yifu said... but the other samples will come later than the first 30 samples for the first batch.
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
Zefir, I like your distribution proposal. Regarding sending some chips from you and some from SebastianJu, I am a firm believer in redundancy.. Please send some chips each, so that at least on package arrives! Smiley

Finally, I am relatively certain I read a quote from Yifu in another thread regarding the 30 sample chips that only one set per payment address was a mistake, and that there really will be 30 per 10k batch. Don't remember WHERE i saw it (some thread on this forum, I think related to one of the first people to receive sample chips), but I hope Avalan will keep to the announced deal here.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500

I basically agree and if the demands you posted are reported by the developers, then we can ensure a sufficient support. The only buyer from my list who would get less samples than he paid for is marto74 (2 instead of 6), but if you know for sure that he's fine with that, I'm all ok.

Now we need to wait and see when (my tracking number says samples are still in Beijing) they arrive and how many of them.

Generaly I agreed to get only 2 chips from SebastianJu , when he asked me is because I was aware I'm geting 6 chips from you.
We are working on 10 chip board , so if it's not such a big problem , please stick with my 6 chips from your first batch.
If you both get only 30 chips each, then from both your groups 60 I 'll propose like this :
burnin 20
BKK -17
alten 1
from there on what each of you decide....
From the next delivery if there are any
Please ensure Bkk gets at least 16 more to be able to test stacking

Marto
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
Zefir,
Do with the samples as you please. You obviously have more sense than me ...

Zefir for president!

+1
donator

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Just a small note that my project under Sebastian's buy is listed under stripykitteh in zephir's.
legendary
Pages:
Jump to: