Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] Avalon ASIC chip distribution - page 4. (Read 220127 times)

donator
Activity: 919
Merit: 1000
September 17, 2013, 08:04:17 AM
Any news from the remaining batches ?

Regards

According to tracking, one parcel is already in Europe, the other is still scheduled for pick-up (whereas I had parcels 'stuck' in this state until delivery), so I expect all remaining chips to be here this week and on their way to you / manufacturers next Monday.

At the same time, my offer for partial refunds will terminate.

There are still chips not yet assigned to a shipping destination. I am not sure if those folks left Bitcoin mining scene already or are just too lazy to provide the data. Anyway, please be aware that those won't ship now and you will have to pay S&H fees for each order individually if they do not make it into the parcel send now to manufacturers.
Activity: 339
Merit: 250
Vice versa is not a meal.
September 17, 2013, 06:58:56 AM
Any news from the remaining batches ?

Regards
Activity: 499
Merit: 500
September 15, 2013, 06:42:29 PM
Dont get yourself to tears yet, with the pricing of burnin's bitfury boards now announced a lot of people are looking at buying bitburnerXX boards instead, so you might find some buyers for your chips Smiley

Sorry you lost me.  You mean people are keen on burnin's other products and my preorder /place in queue may be worth something?

He means that the new burnin boards (bitfury based) are so expensive that people don't want them...

Ahhh I get it.  :-)

Sadly the way we've all been screwed by Avalon pretty soon the only fair price for a bitburner will be zero.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
I run Linux on my abacus.
September 15, 2013, 04:59:58 PM
Dont get yourself to tears yet, with the pricing of burnin's bitfury boards now announced a lot of people are looking at buying bitburnerXX boards instead, so you might find some buyers for your chips Smiley

Sorry you lost me.  You mean people are keen on burnin's other products and my preorder /place in queue may be worth something?

He means that the new burnin boards (bitfury based) are so expensive that people don't want them...
September 15, 2013, 04:57:44 PM

legendary
Activity: 966
September 15, 2013, 04:17:12 PM
we should request a compensation for the delivery delay of the chips from avalon !!!
Activity: 154
September 15, 2013, 02:50:45 PM

Partial Refund Offer
Along with the wasted chips, there are numerous manufacturers around with lots of other waste (PCBs, components), who could utilize unused chips to at least make back what they spent for preparing production. If you plan to dump your chips into the next trashcan, I am offering everyone a limited partial refund for the chips that will be forwarded to those manufacturers.

I am paying 35% of the original Avalon price plus the risk margin I charged in full, totaling to 0.035BTC / chip. This is what most mining calculators spit out as break-even point, and that is sadly all I can offer you at this time. Also note that - independent of their profitability - if I ship your chips out, you have to pay the S&H expenses which for smaller orders already outreach potential mining income Sad

This offer is valid until chips arrive and an all-or-nothing shot: either you refund everything you have left, or you don't (everything else seems irrational).

Sadly it seems that the best return I can hope to get on my chips is to take up your partial refund offer.  And includes the fact that I've already paid for construction!  I wish I'd gotten my refund request in earlier and caught the full refund, but their "we're shipping this week" promise (two weeks ago now) fooled me.

I believe I already have emailed you a refund request for all my chips, just under a week ago.  And I've already paid for shipping.

Please let me know if there is anything else I need to do to get this partial refund and shipping refund happening.

Thanks, I appreciate all the work you've put in, and that you've been screwed harder by Avalon than anyone else in this thread.

donator
September 15, 2013, 02:46:15 PM
Sadly it seems that the best return I can hope to get on my chips is to take up your partial refund offer.  And includes the fact that I've already paid for construction!  I wish I'd gotten my refund request in earlier and caught the full refund, but their "we're shipping this week" promise (two weeks ago now) fooled me.

I believe I already have emailed you a refund request for all my chips, just under a week ago.  And I've already paid for shipping.

Please let me know if there is anything else I need to do to get this partial refund and shipping refund happening.

Thanks, I appreciate all the work you've put in, and that you've been screwed harder by Avalon than anyone else in this thread.

Those refund requests I queued before another batch could have been refunded are canceled.

So if you want to take the partial refund offer, please request again with a short notice via email.

Also please include the request for S&H refunds and the related txid.

Thanks
September 15, 2013, 07:27:35 AM

Partial Refund Offer
Along with the wasted chips, there are numerous manufacturers around with lots of other waste (PCBs, components), who could utilize unused chips to at least make back what they spent for preparing production. If you plan to dump your chips into the next trashcan, I am offering everyone a limited partial refund for the chips that will be forwarded to those manufacturers.

I am paying 35% of the original Avalon price plus the risk margin I charged in full, totaling to 0.035BTC / chip. This is what most mining calculators spit out as break-even point, and that is sadly all I can offer you at this time. Also note that - independent of their profitability - if I ship your chips out, you have to pay the S&H expenses which for smaller orders already outreach potential mining income Sad

This offer is valid until chips arrive and an all-or-nothing shot: either you refund everything you have left, or you don't (everything else seems irrational).

donator
September 15, 2013, 03:17:30 AM
Would this also include Sebastian's batch 6 chips? (Or is that separate?)

Thanks,
IAS

No, other group-buy organizers need to decide if they want to offer a similar plan.

Also it should be obvious that the offer is meant for those who do not have ordered manufacturing and can't trade their chips elsewhere for a better price - essentially as the last resort before they are trashed.

I was very unclear in my message, sorry. I thought Sebastian's group 6 buy might have been through you. I was just asking if it was shipped.

IAS

SebastianJu's group-buy is independent of this one.

What I organized was a final batch, so the European GB-organizers could serve their last pending orders. This final batch was ordered and meanwhile refunded. From SebastianJu's initial share of 6k chips I refunded him 5k, while he will receive the remaining for those buyers who preferred to keep the chips.

If you are referring to those chips pending for delivery, you can either ask SebastianJu if he is willing to offer the same, or point him to my offer, so we can work something out.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile
September 15, 2013, 02:49:57 AM

Thanks,
IAS

No, other group-buy organizers need to decide if they want to offer a similar plan.

Also it should be obvious that the offer is meant for those who do not have ordered manufacturing and can't trade their chips elsewhere for a better price - essentially as the last resort before they are trashed.

I was very unclear in my message, sorry. I thought Sebastian's group 6 buy might have been through you. I was just asking if it was shipped.

IAS
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
September 15, 2013, 01:16:32 AM
However I want to support you to the best of my ability and honour the agreement in place. Bitcoin needs more reputable people to stick around.
+1, zefir is good peoples. keepin it real eraziel  Smiley
donator
September 14, 2013, 07:48:33 PM

Thanks,
IAS

legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile
September 14, 2013, 06:21:07 PM
Update: Remaining Batches shipped, partial Refund Offer

Shipping Notification
Today I was notified that the remaining 30k chips shipped (including DHL tracking numbers) and are expected to get delivered next week.

Those who did not yet enter and finalize shipping destination should do it now. This is your last call, without a valid destination your chips will be kept back and wasted.

so i've been out of the loop for like 2 months and i was in batch 3 and 4? judging from the first page i'm guessing shit has hit the fan and i can no longer obtain a refund?
More or less, yes, that is what the current state is. All who asked for refunds before a given deadline got their orders refunded in full. Now that chips are on their way, that's not possible any more.

In fact shit hit the fan, since after the mining profitability calculators out there bare chips won't ROI even at 50% of their bare chip price - not to mention that you have to pay for board manufacturing. Essentially, the remaining chips are waste and not worth the assembly - if you did not already paid for manufacturing.

Partial Refund Offer

Thanks,
IAS
September 14, 2013, 12:18:58 PM
I am not looking for handouts. The fact that you went ahead and shipped the chips asap without waiting for everyone to pay s&h is kind enough. I did infact state that s&h pricing is favoring people with big orders when it was announced/opened for discussion, especially in the case when chips are to be shipped as a part of a larger package to a manufacturer. However I want to support you to the best of my ability and honour the agreement in place. Bitcoin needs more reputable people to stick around.
donator
September 14, 2013, 12:10:32 PM
In light of the shipping costs collection rate being so low, i have to admit that I have also not paid for my shipping&handling expenses. Mainly due to the fact that I've not received all chips of my batch 1 order on boards, since they were an odd count of tens and therefore burnin is still holding on to 10 of my chips which should go on a board together with the 10 chips of the "board completion batch". And they are worth ~3 times my shipping expenses for batch one.

Another reason is that, I have to admit, I was not really thrilled about the s&h pricing model, given that i have small amounts of chips in 2 batches both to be delivered to a manufacturer, but it is what it is. So as soon as I get all my chips from a given batch i will go ahead and pay the s&h charges.

I understand fully your position. OTOH, S&H are real expenses I had, and calculating them for each order individually would cost way more than the flat binned model I proposed. Obviously, with that, some pay more than the expenses they caused, other pay less.

I offered for cases like yours to take it as donation, and this offer still holds. Why is everybody so shy to state he has no coins left or he does not agree to the S&H payment scheme? One payment of 0.3 coins more or less will not make me a poor or a rich man, so if you think the scheme is not fair in your case, just post it and take it donated.
September 14, 2013, 11:50:10 AM
In light of the shipping costs collection rate being so low, i have to admit that I have also not paid for my shipping&handling expenses. Mainly due to the fact that I've not received all chips of my batch 1 order on boards, since they were an odd count of tens and therefore burnin is still holding on to 10 of my chips which should go on a board together with the 10 chips of the "board completion batch". And they are worth ~3 times my shipping expenses for batch one.

Another reason is that, I have to admit, I was not really thrilled about the s&h pricing model, given that i have small amounts of chips in 2 batches both to be delivered to a manufacturer, but it is what it is. So as soon as I get all my chips from a given batch i will go ahead and pay the s&h charges.
donator
September 14, 2013, 10:02:20 AM
Update: Remaining Batches shipped, partial Refund Offer

Shipping Notification
Today I was notified that the remaining 30k chips shipped (including DHL tracking numbers) and are expected to get delivered next week.

Those who did not yet enter and finalize shipping destination should do it now. This is your last call, without a valid destination your chips will be kept back and wasted.

so i've been out of the loop for like 2 months and i was in batch 3 and 4? judging from the first page i'm guessing shit has hit the fan and i can no longer obtain a refund?
More or less, yes, that is what the current state is. All who asked for refunds before a given deadline got their orders refunded in full. Now that chips are on their way, that's not possible any more.

In fact shit hit the fan, since after the mining profitability calculators out there bare chips won't ROI even at 50% of their bare chip price - not to mention that you have to pay for board manufacturing. Essentially, the remaining chips are waste and not worth the assembly - if you did not already paid for manufacturing.

Partial Refund Offer

Activity: 25
Merit: 0
September 14, 2013, 08:08:28 AM

Activity: 196
I love Bitcoin
September 13, 2013, 11:13:43 PM
Zefir is a good cordinator
Pages:
Jump to: