Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] Avalon ASIC chip distribution - page 10. (Read 220127 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
August 31, 2013, 07:51:09 PM
Could zefir receives shipping info for all of his remaining batches this Wednesday?
Activity: 479
https://streamies.io/
August 31, 2013, 07:18:10 PM

is it a fact that our chips have been sold elsewhere?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2694806

Inside those cases were Zefir's batch 1 plus others yet only Zefir got his.  Inside that picture of 24 case is 374,400 chips.  The invoice states 135 cases so if the invoice is correct that would be millions of chips which is hard to believe so lets just say it's 370k chips which was enough to do all of the early group buys and from other manufactures.  Those chips other than zefir's disappeared which Avalon states where used for batch 3 but there is another set of pictures that show a ton of skids with Avalon chips that were to be used on Batch 3.
legendary
Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001
August 31, 2013, 06:59:08 PM

They probably are not in shipping (like, in a plane, or in customs) when we can request a refund, right? Or some groups would receive both the chips and the refund.
And since evidence exists that those chips were produced..

Ente
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
August 31, 2013, 06:39:55 PM
I don't think I understand this, there are 400000 chips coming, but NOT for orders from April but for orders made in June or later?
What they mean is, they're on schedule to meet the deadlines for all chip orders placed after June 1st.  Anything before that, they have already missed the deadline, so they can't meet the deadline.  It is not saying that these chips are for any specific orders; just statements about deadlines they're currently trying to meet.

No no, that early batch of chips for all the group buys we saw pictured delivered to Bitsynocom from TSMC's Shanghi fab on the 25th June with tracking waybills proving they had been delivered, was clearly sold to some other party on the blackmarket for a tidy sum.

He's still stuck with the subsequent batch about to be delivered for orders made after 15th June, so he can't refund those.

Activity: 479
https://streamies.io/
August 31, 2013, 06:28:47 PM
I don't think I understand this, there are 400000 chips coming, but NOT for orders from April but for orders made in June or later?
What they mean is, they're on schedule to meet the deadlines for all chip orders placed after June 1st.  Anything before that, they have already missed the deadline, so they can't meet the deadline.  It is not saying that these chips are for any specific orders; just statements about deadlines they're currently trying to meet.

No no, that early batch of chips for all the group buys we saw pictured delivered to Bitsynocom from TSMC's Shanghi fab on the 25th June with tracking waybills proving they had been delivered, was clearly sold to some other party on the blackmarket for a tidy sum.

He's still stuck with the subsequent batch about to be delivered for orders made after 15th June, so he can't refund those.

But he said it was for batch 3.  Yifu would never lie to us.    Roll Eyes
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
August 31, 2013, 06:22:57 PM

legendary
Activity: 861
Merit: 1000
“Create Your Decentralized Life”
August 31, 2013, 05:04:54 PM
I want to wait for my chips batch 6. no refund
Activity: 563
August 31, 2013, 04:51:31 PM
Except, ten weeks from 1st June is 10th August, so 1st June chip orders are already three weeks late, unless he was no longer promising "9 to 10 weeks" by that point.

Ah, lastest news from YiFu - 1st June was a typo - should have said 15th June.

Now, chips ordered on 15th June orders would already be a week late, but I think that might just be that YiFi miscounted.  If he's claiming that orders after the cutoff date won't be late (by much) then the chips must be shipping in the next few days.

roy
Activity: 525
..yeah
August 31, 2013, 04:41:59 PM
So he has 400k ready, but didn't send them. When will he decide to send them? How much time will be given to request a refund? This step would/should take about a week for everyone to decide, so the chips will not go out avalons door until this happend. again: in two weeks tm, it's not even funny anymore.
Activity: 563
August 31, 2013, 03:59:04 PM
Update:

Chips Delivery Update, September Edition

Due to events outside of our control, the delivery of chips have been delayed so far. While the situation are improving and chips are shipping, we have ultimately decided to revert our policy on no refunds and offer the option for customers to request a full refund(in bitcoin) if so desired.

The link to the request form is below, please note this only applies to orders made earlier than June 1st.

In other news, for those who decided to wait or wish to know more about delivery schedule will be glad to note we are receiving a batch of 400,000+ chips on Wednesday, with that we expect to be in good shape for meeting the upcoming deadlines of chip deliveries for orders made in June and later.

In addition, we hope to wrap up generation one, finish shipping the chips, construct the modules and build the 2 module Avalon mini, put this pre-order mess behind us in general and switch gear into 55nm production, tape out generation 3, and start work on improving chip design for generation 4. Only sell what we can produce in a day on the assembly line, and only what's in stock.

Refund

No,  I don't think that's what he means (at least I hope it's not).  He seems to be saying that he now has enough chips that if you ordered 1st June or later then your chips will be shipped within the promised timescale - hence no option of refund for those orders.  I hope chips from April and May would still get shipped first...

Except, ten weeks from 1st June is 10th August, so 1st June chip orders are already three weeks late, unless he was no longer promising "9 to 10 weeks" by that point.
Activity: 560
Merit: 517
August 31, 2013, 03:52:17 PM
What they mean is, they're on schedule to meet the deadlines for all chip orders placed after June 1st.  Anything before that, they have already missed the deadline, so they can't meet the deadline.  It is not saying that these chips are for any specific orders; just statements about deadlines they're currently trying to meet.
Activity: 378
August 31, 2013, 03:50:11 PM
Guess I don't understand either. It doesn't seem like  400,000 chips were sold after June 1.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
August 31, 2013, 03:45:27 PM
Update:

Due to events outside of our control, the delivery of chips have been delayed so far. While the situation are improving and chips are shipping, we have ultimately decided to revert our policy on no refunds and offer the option for customers to request a full refund(in bitcoin) if so desired.

The link to the request form is below, please note this only applies to orders made earlier than June 1st.

In other news, for those who decided to wait or wish to know more about delivery schedule will be glad to note we are receiving a batch of 400,000+ chips on Wednesday, with that we expect to be in good shape for meeting the upcoming deadlines of chip deliveries for orders made in June and later.

In addition, we hope to wrap up generation one, finish shipping the chips, construct the modules and build the 2 module Avalon mini, put this pre-order mess behind us in general and switch gear into 55nm production, tape out generation 3, and start work on improving chip design for generation 4. Only sell what we can produce in a day on the assembly line, and only what's in stock.

Refund

Activity: 588
August 31, 2013, 03:22:11 PM
Seems fair....they broke their policy on "no bs" so I would guess they can also break their policy on "no refunds".
Activity: 503
Merit: 502
August 31, 2013, 03:13:21 PM
Update:

Refund

Activity: 41
Merit: 0
August 31, 2013, 02:19:09 PM
I vote for full and immediate refund.
legendary
Activity: 966
August 31, 2013, 09:00:57 AM
i pay for the chips -> i pay for the miner assembly -> so i want the chips + compensation
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 2066
August 31, 2013, 07:13:50 AM
I vote for:
"b) compensation in BTC: deliver chips, compensate XX% of the initial price"
I have chips with batch #3. Please push Bitsyncom with refund, they need to do it.

see here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3038356
legendary
Activity: 1036
DARKNETMARKETS.COM
August 31, 2013, 07:09:31 AM
I vote for:
"b) compensation in BTC: deliver chips, compensate XX% of the initial price"
I have chips with batch #3. Please push Bitsyncom with refund, they need to do it.
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
August 30, 2013, 09:52:41 PM
Maybe he has finished it, but there was a bug in the form which prevents it from working.  In a few months someone will somehow get in touch with him and he will fix it an apologize.... nah... that would never happen.
Pages:
Jump to: