Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] Avalon ASIC chip distribution - page 6. (Read 220127 times)

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
September 10, 2013, 02:32:51 PM
Were there shipping costs for burnin as target? I did forgot about this point already...
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
September 10, 2013, 02:21:20 PM
Sorry it took so long Zefir, just sent in shipping fees. Thanks for the hard work!
donator
Activity: 919
Merit: 1000
September 10, 2013, 01:21:54 PM
Zefir,

What happened to batch 2? Were those chips all shipped out? Could you give ship dates?

You missed this post (for B2 you need to scroll down), so yes, chips were shipped August 24th and according to tracking were all delivered.

BTW: from those list of 66 processed orders, only ~15% paid their S&H so far. It would be fair, if at least those who got their chips / boards reimburse me those expenses I had as described here.

Zefir,

Given the excellent service you have provided, I'm more than happy to tip you the S&H you would have provided for my chips. I think that if most people do that, it would probably help cover the extra workload you have had to undertake for the refunds process.

Please let me know which address I should send it to (S&H address? Other address?).

Best

scotjam

Hi,

thanks, but no tips. Having a deal that turns out to be unprofitable was my business risk.

But S&H are expenses I made, and it would be fair if everyone who received chips would just pay what was agreed. I even offered to give that out as donation for those short on coins, one only needs to post here that he wishes to take S&H as donation. That's meant to distinguish those who really are currently having bad times from those who try to free-ride.

So far, no one asked for a donation. And 12/66 orders were with paid S&H.
Activity: 269
Merit: 250
September 10, 2013, 12:56:39 PM
Zefir,

What happened to batch 2? Were those chips all shipped out? Could you give ship dates?

You missed this post (for B2 you need to scroll down), so yes, chips were shipped August 24th and according to tracking were all delivered.

BTW: from those list of 66 processed orders, only ~15% paid their S&H so far. It would be fair, if at least those who got their chips / boards reimburse me those expenses I had as described here.

Zefir,

Given the excellent service you have provided, I'm more than happy to tip you the S&H you would have provided for my chips. I think that if most people do that, it would probably help cover the extra workload you have had to undertake for the refunds process.

Please let me know which address I should send it to (S&H address? Other address?).

Best

scotjam
Activity: 525
Merit: 500
..yeah
September 10, 2013, 07:37:18 AM
[...]
Guess I gotta do some digging through hundreds of pages of posts =(

No, noone needs to dig through hundreds pages of post. Just look at the OP, I linked everything relevant from the news section.

Please check how many refunds I processed and how many pending orders are still left. And now assume everyone sends me refund requests via PM, email, Skype or irc, all with different formats (or just 'give me my refund') - how am I supposed to handle this?

Come on folks, I am working my ass off to please everyone and let everyone go without loosing a single Satoshi - is it really that hard to follow a simple and well defined process?
You did everything right imo!

For anyone who wants to refund, I'll post again how to do so (as some people are finding it hard to look for themselves..):

Code:
;<-N>;<-C>;

to [email protected] . Yes, copy everything including that +, some did that wrong (including my mail service)

for example, if I had 100 chips, I would send:

Code:
dani;-10;-8.6;hasjrgh239HISDUASdghasgdhg_or_whatev_my_adress_was_that_I_sent_from

correct me if I'm wrong or look it up yourself, this is easy.
donator
September 10, 2013, 05:45:31 AM
[...]
Guess I gotta do some digging through hundreds of pages of posts =(

No, noone needs to dig through hundreds pages of post. Just look at the OP, I linked everything relevant from the news section.

Please check how many refunds I processed and how many pending orders are still left. And now assume everyone sends me refund requests via PM, email, Skype or irc, all with different formats (or just 'give me my refund') - how am I supposed to handle this?

Come on folks, I am working my ass off to please everyone and let everyone go without loosing a single Satoshi - is it really that hard to follow a simple and well defined process?
Activity: 238
I run Linux on my abacus.
September 10, 2013, 03:11:24 AM
all gone ehhh???    Do you think Avalon will ship the Gen 2 ASIC chips by October / Late October??

You're joking, right? Right??

At this point trusting anything that ShitSyncom says would be... less than prudent.
Activity: 356
Dock.io
September 10, 2013, 03:05:39 AM
all gone ehhh???    Do you think Avalon will ship the Gen 2 ASIC chips by October / Late October??
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
September 10, 2013, 02:59:03 AM
Any one please vote for refund.
Zefir only in this case can send refund request to Avalon.

Activity: 154
September 10, 2013, 02:49:29 AM
Any news on shipping the remaining batches?
donator
September 10, 2013, 01:35:22 AM
Zefir,

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
September 10, 2013, 12:03:56 AM
Zefir,

Activity: 139
September 09, 2013, 08:30:48 PM

Given this news im voting for a refund of any non-shipped Gen1 Avalon chips. There's the possibility they can be purchased from Avalon's on hand stock in a few weeks time at a lower price, plus the Gen2 chips will be backwards compatible. Either way it makes no sense to take delivery of the Gen1 chips at the original pricing.

This logic actually makes a good deal of sense. I was planning to wait out the gen1 delivery but the last avalon "update" makes me wonder if the chips even exist or are coming.

The only open issue is the miner building folks (burnin and others) and will they even support the avalon gen2 in light of events with gen1.

Activity: 71
Merit: 10
September 09, 2013, 08:23:18 PM

Avalon ASIC
Now accepting refunds from any and all order dates
Due to delays we are now offering full refund in bitcoin for all the Avalon Generation One orders made on any date, It is advise for people to request refunds due to the delay and raise of bitcoin difficulty.
The update refund form can be found on the main store site, linked here.
Due to phishing attempts and spam, any refund request not made containing the original order email and phone number will be automatically rejected by the system and marked as spam, so please bear this in mind.
Avalon Generation Two Chips 55nm
Those who have invested in time and money on Avalon Generation One based devices and clones can rejoice in the fact we had the foresight to make Avalon Generation Two chips completely backward compatible in every way with 110nm generation one chips, which can be expect to go on sale Late October 2013 for immediate shipping. Avalon will no longer participate in any kind of pre-ordering.

Developers and Hobbyists should keep an close eye on our github account as we will be releasing the 55nm chip specification and reference design soon!
Copyright © 2013 BitSyncom LLC, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you have expressed interests in the Avalon ASIC Bitcoin Miner

Our mailing address is:
BitSyncom LLC
187 Wolf Road, Suite 101
Albany, NY 12205

zefir, what is your strategy / advice for us ?

WOW - So Avalon uses our BTC and sells all the chips to china based buyers and screwing US over and now says ask for a refund? what about the interest on that loan? GEN 2 chips? yeah rite.. NEVER would I buy crap from them again

Zefir - I think at this point all orders should be asking for a refund

Hm, difficult to interpret whether BitSyncom suggests everyone left with orders to ask for refunds.

Anyhow, our group-buy has three batches pending for delivery, and so far the refund request queue is somewhere at 2k chips. I can't just request refund for a batch at will unless enough users ask for it. Ball is at your side.

Given this news im voting for a refund of any non-shipped Gen1 Avalon chips. There's the possibility they can be purchased from Avalon's on hand stock in a few weeks time at a lower price, plus the Gen2 chips will be backwards compatible. Either way it makes no sense to take delivery of the Gen1 chips at the original pricing.

Activity: 303
September 09, 2013, 08:19:18 PM
I can't just request refund for a batch at will unless enough users ask for it. Ball is at your side.

I'm willing to bet that if you set up a way for us to easily (and with organization) request a refund, you'd get plenty of requests.

For now, I'd like to request a refund for my 60 chips.

Order from batch 4: https://blockchain.info/tx/48669b0f91d5f9acf9565c5303dd253bacdd67399f14db0b040576721040c246
Order from batch 7: https://blockchain.info/tx/29b0fe7e6e3cb31ae029b4755e05b8d71304e369d74cd672ccd05cd70c673e1f

I hope burnin will be issuing refunds for non-built mining boards. Guess I gotta do some digging through hundreds of pages of posts =(
donator
September 09, 2013, 07:46:27 PM

Avalon ASIC
Due to delays we are now offering full refund in bitcoin for all the Avalon Generation One orders made on any date, It is advise for people to request refunds due to the delay and raise of bitcoin difficulty.
Due to phishing attempts and spam, any refund request not made containing the original order email and phone number will be automatically rejected by the system and marked as spam, so please bear this in mind.
Those who have invested in time and money on Avalon Generation One based devices and clones can rejoice in the fact we had the foresight to make Avalon Generation Two chips completely backward compatible in every way with 110nm generation one chips, which can be expect to go on sale Late October 2013 for immediate shipping. Avalon will no longer participate in any kind of pre-ordering.

Developers and Hobbyists should keep an close eye on our github account as we will be releasing the 55nm chip specification and reference design soon!
You are receiving this email because you have expressed interests in the Avalon ASIC Bitcoin Miner

Our mailing address is:
BitSyncom LLC
187 Wolf Road, Suite 101
Albany, NY 12205

WOW - So Avalon uses our BTC and sells all the chips to china based buyers and screwing US over and now says ask for a refund? what about the interest on that loan? GEN 2 chips? yeah rite.. NEVER would I buy crap from them again

Hm, difficult to interpret whether BitSyncom suggests everyone left with orders to ask for refunds.

Anyhow, our group-buy has three batches pending for delivery, and so far the refund request queue is somewhere at 2k chips. I can't just request refund for a batch at will unless enough users ask for it. Ball is at your side.
Activity: 756
September 09, 2013, 06:47:53 PM

Avalon ASIC

Our mailing address is:
BitSyncom LLC
187 Wolf Road, Suite 101
Albany, NY 12205

Activity: 141
???
September 09, 2013, 05:55:27 PM
Screw these Avalon guys.  I would have liked to receive my bitburners, they are giving up and just refunding all orders, leaving all the hardware buyers and vendors with crap. At the same time pushing GEN 2 chips, you would have to be crazy to order from them again.  I am pulling the trigger and requesting a refund, I suggest the rest do as well. 

legendary
Activity: 966
September 09, 2013, 05:31:52 PM

Avalon ASIC

Our mailing address is:
BitSyncom LLC
187 Wolf Road, Suite 101
Albany, NY 12205

Activity: 525
..yeah
September 09, 2013, 04:29:11 PM
at this point are any of the chips even worth getting? I've already paid burnin, but I'd rather get back 50% than 0% at this stage

its a shame it has come to this...... some many people , so much work and nothing but disappointment
This. Another week - another week lost. I can see them being prepared for weeks or whatever. Newsletter just got out

Avalon ASIC

Our mailing address is:
BitSyncom LLC
187 Wolf Road, Suite 101
Albany, NY 12205

Time to get out, I hope there is still room/time for another refund.
Pages:
Jump to: