Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] Avalon ASIC chip distribution - page 73. (Read 220163 times)

Activity: 71
Merit: 10
April 16, 2013, 09:02:08 PM
PM sent. Thank you zefir for organizing this!
Activity: 98
April 16, 2013, 07:27:50 PM
I’m calling dibs on 50 if the deal works out.  Cheesy
Activity: 924
Merit: 506
April 16, 2013, 06:38:31 PM
Zefir. Just to be clear. Are you reselling chips at the same cost you purchased them? Ifso, what is your motivation to buy 10,000 chips and distribute them at the same price (no profit)?
You think I should have asked for more than 9.9% as risk-compensation? I wish I did, but I offered to support the upcoming open source projects with what I have and that is it. Also please note that on top of this surplus buyers will be charged the effective fiat expenses for taxes, shipping and handling.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I wasn't certain on interpreting surplus as the mark-up. Sorry, not a business major Smiley
But to answer your question, I think that is a reasonable mark-up and to charge for shipping etc...
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
April 16, 2013, 06:20:50 PM
bcpokey... I know that thread from the start and i think its a good idea... the only thing is... if you give the a plan, tell me the parts i need and how to connect it i most probably can do it. But if some special machines are involved to create the miner thats something i dont know if i could create it at the end. And at this point im stuck because the DIY-Miner-Project isnt developed yet. So will it be easy enough for me at the end or will i have asics laying around because i dont have access to some special utility...
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
April 16, 2013, 05:02:32 PM
zefir... did you get the first order of the chips or one of the first orders or doesnt it matter because all orders of 10k chips are created at the same time?

Then... the developers will have enough chips to create the miner, but later on they want to create and sell miners too, that means they need a good chunk of chips for this. Otherwise a new order has to be made that takes another 10 weeks.
So are enough chips kept back for this too?

I really would like to buy chips alone but at the moment im a bit unsure if i will be able to create an actual miner with it. I mean the design isnt ready so i dont know what is needed for it. I know how to use a soldering bolt and probably can put chips into a pcb. If thats all needed, besides buying all the needed parts then im fine. If someone could answer the question, regarding how hard it will be to create a miner, with "you can do it" i will buy some chips tomorrow.

Read https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/diy-pcb-with-avalon-the-quarter-stick-needs-help-161715

If it seems like something that makes sense to you, then gung ho. If it seems like gobbilty gook, you probably don't want to mess with it, and buy pre-assembled ones instead.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
April 16, 2013, 04:27:36 PM
zefir... did you get the first order of the chips or one of the first orders or doesnt it matter because all orders of 10k chips are created at the same time?

Then... the developers will have enough chips to create the miner, but later on they want to create and sell miners too, that means they need a good chunk of chips for this. Otherwise a new order has to be made that takes another 10 weeks.
So are enough chips kept back for this too?

I really would like to buy chips alone but at the moment im a bit unsure if i will be able to create an actual miner with it. I mean the design isnt ready so i dont know what is needed for it. I know how to use a soldering bolt and probably can put chips into a pcb. If thats all needed, besides buying all the needed parts then im fine. If someone could answer the question, regarding how hard it will be to create a miner, with "you can do it" i will buy some chips tomorrow.
donator
Activity: 919
Merit: 1000
April 16, 2013, 04:19:17 PM
Confirmed orders:

Code:
Chips     BTC    Address
   30    2.58    1B9WDgtyDmqrqyMFp63mqTiiGsat5CQLyM
 2000  172.00    13BQocSpK6Ny8xubRGSXvdw5r4aTVBkrNp
  100    8.60    15BEMHdT27kP2K6Yca2rEGwChRuzuHub8s
   10    0.86    1G88KbjZi39ZA3BMXDwfmzidVDf2y2BKSp
   10    0.86    1Pv44QYXwC3FMiNZgXcpZRKyuXXueyVRrd
  390   33.54    1DDBpNCBHARLzk8wDpB3oHozm5aovxeCk6
   10    0.86    1Kjvxd9CbnYbigcC13gS5VAd2asNcdVSyH

Note: 43 sent back to 15AkZM1u2jXhetHEKLnQ5ScM6bvjGePYHd, since buyer will order assembled boards.

Thanks for your kind words and your support. That's all for today from me, see you tomorrow.
legendary
Activity: 1015
April 16, 2013, 04:13:24 PM
i me very sorry i didn't mean it my return address 1Kjvxd9CbnYbigcC13gS5VAd2asNcdVSyH
donator
April 16, 2013, 03:52:59 PM
tigerfree; 10; 0.86; i sent from bitstamp

Aaargh! Don't do that!

You should send from an address you control, i.e. you have the private key of. Otherwise, if another one claimed he was sending this 0.86BTC, how do you prove it was you?

Now, I take this as confirmed. Please provide a return address, just in case.

Everyone else, please send from your own wallet and from your own address.

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1015
April 16, 2013, 03:41:48 PM
tigerfree; 10; 0.86; i sent from bitstamp
Activity: 491
Merit: 514
April 16, 2013, 03:01:10 PM
You have my deep gratitude as well. I was ready to purchase 10,000 chips but I'm a sissy and need more information than what's offered on their order page before taking that kind of risk and it doesn't look like they plan to hire the staff needed to field questions/concerns any time soon so I will leave this initial era to the brave such as yourself.

Your offer will allow me to continue pursing my project while waiting to see how these initial bulk orders pan out. Like many, I dream on contributing to the widespread distribution of ASIC miners to avoid consolidation and keep bitcoins in the hands of the "little guy". It's awesome to see the community stepping up like this to help make it happen. Again you are doing a big service to the mining community, many many thanks. My payment has been sent Cheesy
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
April 16, 2013, 02:50:06 PM
Im in for 100 parts, when i know whether or not there will be any way to get it pre-assembled, as i have no clue how to do that. anyone know ?

DIY means "Do It Yourself". Pre-assembled means "Someone else do it". This is a DIY thread.

On another note, I notice people buying 500 - 2000 chips, are you really planning to connect 2000 chips yourself? I have a half idea to DIY as well, but the task of actually soldering and whatever else will be involved with this number of tiny chips is daunting.

EDIT: Kudos to OP for both this and helping the other crew keep in stock of chips.
donator
April 16, 2013, 02:46:23 PM
Confirmed orders:

Code:
Chips     BTC    Address
  500   43.00    15AkZM1u2jXhetHEKLnQ5ScM6bvjGePYHd
   30    2.58    1B9WDgtyDmqrqyMFp63mqTiiGsat5CQLyM
 2000  172.00    13BQocSpK6Ny8xubRGSXvdw5r4aTVBkrNp
  100    8.60    15BEMHdT27kP2K6Yca2rEGwChRuzuHub8s
   10    0.86    1G88KbjZi39ZA3BMXDwfmzidVDf2y2BKSp
   10    0.86    1Pv44QYXwC3FMiNZgXcpZRKyuXXueyVRrd
donator
April 16, 2013, 02:43:55 PM
Im in for 100 parts, when i know whether or not there will be any way to get it pre-assembled, as i have no clue how to do that. anyone know ?

Please follow the additional clarifications I added above.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
April 16, 2013, 02:33:43 PM
donator
April 16, 2013, 02:22:10 PM
Zefir. Just to be clear. Are you reselling chips at the same cost you purchased them? Ifso, what is your motivation to buy 10,000 chips and distribute them at the same price (no profit)?
You think I should have asked for more than 9.9% as risk-compensation? I wish I did, but I offered to support the upcoming open source projects with what I have and that is it. Also please note that on top of this surplus buyers will be charged the effective fiat expenses for taxes, shipping and handling.

Volatility does suck.
Volatility is for traders. I just wanted to use Bitcoin for what it is meant and this time it failed royally - if I had waited 2 hours with my order, I would have paid $30k less Sad  But ok, it is not the worst method to go long.

I’m interested, but I’m worried about the shipping from Switzerland. Tax and customs from CH always gave me hell.
Would it be possible to pick up the order in Switzerland?
Usually you are charged your local VAT, which assuming you're from within the EU is somewhere around 20%. Not sure if it pays off to drive to Switzerland for a local pick-up, but yes, it would be doable.

Please note: following additional clarifications appended to OP

Who should buy and who should not
Please note that this chip distribution is meant for DIY folks only. That is, if you want to build your own mining boards, either from scratch or based on the reference design Avalon announced to release in May. If you want to buy ready-to-mine boards as developed in the original DIY thread, please do not order chips from me, but instead contact the developer of your choice (burnin, allten, or whoever decides to work on a ASIC product). There is no need to reserve the chips by buying from me, since I will ensure that those developers will have enough chips they need for their products.

Escrow
I did not offer escrow for a simple reason: as soon as the payments fill up to 782.1 BTC, I'll order another batch. No idea how long the chips will be in stock, but I would like to act fast. BTW, John and Graet escrowed my ASICMINER board seat auction, they can vouch for me.

Reservation, Payments
Some users ask for reservations, since they can't get hold of BTC fast. No need to hurry, you have two weeks time and I'll ensure there will be enough chips for anyone (other than they are out of stock). Also, only BTC payments. The blockhain is the indisputable proof of your payment, let's use it as is and prevent manual accounting.

Activity: 57
April 16, 2013, 02:21:26 PM
I buy 390, Because I havn't enough btc.... Sad
but now my btc is transfer from mtgox. I'll send later
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
April 16, 2013, 11:57:33 AM

He is helping everyone who wants to DIY project kind of thing... We are very thankful for what he is doing Smiley
Activity: 98
April 16, 2013, 11:13:07 AM
I’m interested, but I’m worried about the shipping from Switzerland. Tax and customs from CH always gave me hell.
Would it be possible to pick up the order in Switzerland?

I’m declaring interest for 100 chips
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
April 16, 2013, 10:56:33 AM
In for 500 as well. Give me a few days to transfer funds around and I will send them over promptly.

On a side note, I want to thank you guys for everything that you are doing!
Pages:
Jump to: