Pages:
Author

Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed) - page 11. (Read 274756 times)

Activity: 190
Merit: 100
I'm a complete moron when it comes to financial trading...

how the hell do I figure out optimal settings?

You start with the starter settings from the forum, look back some & you'll find them.

Then start making small adjustments to that if you like.

Email Pablo with any questions you have & he's always happy to help.

I'm more looking for a what do the settings mean, what do I read to learn about the methods they use, how do I make my ownd ecisions about said settings without blindly following someone else's opinion.

It sounds like you're looking for Goombo's Journal, that the app is based on. If I remember correctly there's a link to it on the Butter-Bot website, but I know it was mentioned in the forums somewhat recently. Look for links to that, it goes into settings & theory.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10

You start with the starter settings from the forum, look back some & you'll find them.

Then start making small adjustments to that if you like.

I'm more looking for a what do the settings mean, what do I read to learn about the methods they use, how do I make my ownd ecisions about said settings without blindly following someone else's opinion.

Then start making small adjustments to that if you like. Test them in the backtesting screen to see which work best.

Activity: 70

Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Payment Options

Friends,

We are now also accepting Litecoin payments aside from BTC and PayPal Smiley.

I am here as always if anyone needs anything.

Pablo

nice to hear that)) Paypal now is not a good payment system
Activity: 98
Hi guys.
I am absolutely new to the use of trading bots, and just started using butterbot. I have some doubts about its configuration I hope you can help me solve.

1) in the backtesting, is it more desirable to do it long term (a year) or is it more useful to do it short term (3 months)? Market conditions change, and we know btc went through the roof last year, but the last 3 months have not been as kind, so maybe using the short term is more relevant to the current conditions?

2) Using the 3 month backtesting window, I´m getting around 7%. Is this on the level with what you get?

Thank you for helping a noob.
legendary
Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000
How buttter cream is going to work? we will need to trust the API keys of the exchanger to the service?

Hi Luicon Smiley,
  Butter-Cream is coming along great! We project we will start sending out invites for the closed beta in about 5 weeks. We are currently looking for feedback from market partners and to expand integration into alternate platforms and currencies to give our users the most options possible; it is our aim that you will be able to use Buter-Cream for trading even outside the crypto-currency space.

Yes, you will need to trust your API keys server side, but as always your keys will ONLY require "trade" and "get info" privileges so you run no risk of your account getting hacked. We are also building quite a robust set of safeguards into the system that will be industry grade.

I think we should be putting up an info page in the coming weeks and so users can send in their early impressions.

I hope that helps, please let me know if you need anything at all Smiley.

Pablo.
Activity: 262
Merit: 250
How buttter cream is going to work? we will need to trust the API keys of the exchanger to the service?
legendary
Payment Options

Friends,

We are now also accepting Litecoin payments aside from BTC and PayPal Smiley.

I am here as always if anyone needs anything.

Pablo
Activity: 546
Merit: 500

This post is not just to advertise my own bot. There is something suspicious with butter bot.

I have already talked with people who have given me the setting that make butter bot profitable.

If yours is also profitable, that is great as well.

There is no real reason to have to "make choices" if both are profitable.

The more the merrier. Bring us a million bots and lets all make a million.  Cheesy

legendary
How I can know the backtest is not faked? It would be VERY easy to code it so it will use e.g. 30 minutes later data for calculating indicators than what we really are at the moment in the test time. So it would see a little bit into the future.

As I've said multiple times; EMA alone is not enough for making profit more than loss (without very good luck) so there is something suspicious with this "butter bot". I've ran hundreds of test runs in my own software with different kind of EMA strategies with multiple different EMAs at same time or not and it never did more profit than what it would've done by just holding the coins. When using few other indicators combined, it started making profit, but configuring takes time.

This post is not just to advertise my own bot. There is something suspicious with butter bot.

Hey Smiley,
  You can verify the back testing yourself by building a spreadsheet and using the EMA algorithm with two triggers, I know one of the guys on the thread did that a while back and I am sure that if you post a request they will likely dig it up for you if you don't want to go through the hassle of building it yourself Smiley.

Pablo.
Activity: 73
How I can know the backtest is not faked? It would be VERY easy to code it so it will use e.g. 30 minutes later data for calculating indicators than what we really are at the moment in the test time. So it would see a little bit into the future.

As I've said multiple times; EMA alone is not enough for making profit more than loss (without very good luck) so there is something suspicious with this "butter bot". I've ran hundreds of test runs in my own software with different kind of EMA strategies with multiple different EMAs at same time or not and it never did more profit than what it would've done by just holding the coins. When using few other indicators combined, it started making profit, but configuring takes time.

Activity: 390
Something I'd like to see in Butter-Cream, that I find myself wanting in Butter-Bot, is the ability to add additional date ranges to the backtesting. So that we're not just limited to just 1 date range. Give us a "+1" button to generate a new date range entry field so that we could in theory create a long range covering an entire year and exclude all the spikes & anomolies we had that year, because there are multiples to exclude, and we'd need several range fields to get the normal ranges inputted properly in order to exclude all the anomolies right.

So for argument's sake say we had a flash crash on Jan 1st & another on Feb 14th.
So I could input October 1 2013 - December 31 2013,
Then January 2 2014 - February 13 2014
Then February 15 2014 - Today

I would have pressed the "+1" button twice to generate the 2 additional date range entry fields so that I could create the voids I needed to exclude the anomolies from my long range test of the timeframe that I've been using the bot.

See what I mean? We could do the same with real data for a whole year, or for smaller sections of the year.

Hi NGIN Smiley,
  I see what you are saying. I added this to my list of things to discuss with the lead dev for BC 2.0. We'll see how it goes Smiley.

Pablo.

NginUS: +1
That would be an quick and easy way to check how the bot behaves in different scenarios (bullish/bearish/sideways).
legendary
Hey Pablo,
glad to hear that butter-cream is coming along Smiley
question: what's the current version of Butterbot? I'm not quite sure if I'm still running the LTC beta or a release build.
(maybe you would like to add the version number to your signature?^^)
Are you going to develop Butterbot any further even after the release of Buttercream?

Hi Grinny Smiley,
  We are currently up to 3.0.2 Smiley.

About Butter-Bot, no plans to stop development, it all really depends on community feedback, we would like to migrate as many people to Butter-Cream as possible since it is just so much more complete.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions Smiley.

Pablo.

My subscription to Butter-Bot doesn't expire until October 2014. Unless you implement some sort of program where I can redeem my unused Butter-Bot licence time for Butter-Cream license credit, I won't be migrating until I've used up what I've already paid for. It would be nice to see migration incentivized by some sort of a program for people in my position.

Hi NGIN Smiley,
  Yep, I thought that was clear from our discussion a few weeks back, my bad; we will DEFINITELY have some sort of migration program for current users so that migration is incentivized and that it make sense for as well as reward early adopters. We will work the details of migration out with the community to make sure everyone is happy when the time comes Smiley.

Let me know if you have any questions Smiley.

Pablo.
Pablo.

yes i like this idea. since my butterbot crash in my chrome and waiting for this cloud service Cheesy

Hi Dark :=),
  Are you still experiencing that crashing issue? Drop me an email, we'll figure it out Smiley.

Pablo.
legendary
Something I'd like to see in Butter-Cream, that I find myself wanting in Butter-Bot, is the ability to add additional date ranges to the backtesting. So that we're not just limited to just 1 date range. Give us a "+1" button to generate a new date range entry field so that we could in theory create a long range covering an entire year and exclude all the spikes & anomolies we had that year, because there are multiples to exclude, and we'd need several range fields to get the normal ranges inputted properly in order to exclude all the anomolies right.

So for argument's sake say we had a flash crash on Jan 1st & another on Feb 14th.

I would have pressed the "+1" button twice to generate the 2 additional date range entry fields so that I could create the voids I needed to exclude the anomolies from my long range test of the timeframe that I've been using the bot.

See what I mean? We could do the same with real data for a whole year, or for smaller sections of the year.

Hi NGIN Smiley,
  I see what you are saying. I added this to my list of things to discuss with the lead dev for BC 2.0. We'll see how it goes Smiley.

Pablo.
Activity: 76
Hey Pablo,
question: what's the current version of Butterbot? I'm not quite sure if I'm still running the LTC beta or a release build.
Are you going to develop Butterbot any further even after the release of Buttercream?

Hi Grinny Smiley,

About Butter-Bot, no plans to stop development, it all really depends on community feedback, we would like to migrate as many people to Butter-Cream as possible since it is just so much more complete.

Pablo.

My subscription to Butter-Bot doesn't expire until October 2014. Unless you implement some sort of program where I can redeem my unused Butter-Bot licence time for Butter-Cream license credit, I won't be migrating until I've used up what I've already paid for. It would be nice to see migration incentivized by some sort of a program for people in my position.

Hi NGIN Smiley,
  Yep, I thought that was clear from our discussion a few weeks back, my bad; we will DEFINITELY have some sort of migration program for current users so that migration is incentivized and that it make sense for as well as reward early adopters. We will work the details of migration out with the community to make sure everyone is happy when the time comes Smiley.

Pablo.
Pablo.

yes i like this idea. since my butterbot crash in my chrome and waiting for this cloud service Cheesy
Activity: 390
Hey Pablo,

Hi Grinny Smiley,

Pablo.

Hi NGIN Smiley,

Pablo.
Pablo.

Ok, great news!  I must have missed that post.  Probably my fault, sorry for not paying attention.  Thank you for reiterating it for me.

I missed that too! A-W-E-S-O-M-E! Smiley

Hey Pablo,

Hi Grinny Smiley,

Pablo.

Hi NGIN Smiley,

Pablo.
Pablo.

Ok, great news!  I must have missed that post.  Probably my fault, sorry for not paying attention.  Thank you for reiterating it for me.
legendary
Hey Pablo,

Hi Grinny Smiley,

Pablo.

Hi NGIN Smiley,

Pablo.
Pablo.
Pages:
Jump to: