Pages:
Author

Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed) - page 13. (Read 274756 times)

legendary
Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000
are there any plans of integrating Ichimoku in v3? Would really love to see that!

I bet that would be one of the possible engine modules for V4. That indicator is way too complex to just "bolt in".

Hey Smiley,
  I'll be sure to bring this up with the dev team Smiley.

Pablo.

Here are impressive results statistics from the "Goomboo Journal" using that strategy:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2928923

Hey Smiley,
 Yep, it's already on the development board; we will make every effort to add it to the first version of Butter-Cream.

Smiley.

Pablo.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
are there any plans of integrating Ichimoku in v3? Would really love to see that!

I bet that would be one of the possible engine modules for V4. That indicator is way too complex to just "bolt in".

Hey Smiley,
  I'll be sure to bring this up with the dev team Smiley.

Pablo.

Here are impressive results statistics from the "Goomboo Journal" using that strategy:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2928923
legendary
Hey Guys Smiley,
  We should be pushing out a release over the next couple of days to increase back testign to one year and to fix the "brain error" issue. You should see it automatically, please do not hesitate to let me know if anyone has any questions.

Pablo.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
Thanks Pablo! Look forward to the date fix to help me find the 'sweet spot'. Now back to trolling the Heavycoin thread for is shitty release!
legendary
With the right settings, this bot can make 3500% or more per year on Bitstamp or BTC-e. That performance is actually leaving the bot on for the past year and not turning it off during the 2 major downtrends that took place. If you had shut off the bot during those downtrends, the bot would have made 5500% in a year. Of course, you need to use the correct settings to get that kind of performance.  Wink

Knightlife999 - goddamnit, I am struggling to make 1 tenth of those percentages!

With the right settings, you can get a high return with the bot.  Smiley

How do you backtest for 1 year? When I use custom date range of 1 year by clicking on the calendar, once I chose the To date the From date disappears. If I manually type in a 1 year date range once I type in the To date, the From date reverts to Jan 1 2014. The 1 year option is not in my drop down list.

Should note that I have a trial edition right now.

The previous version allowed backtesting for one year, and the version before that allowed backtesting for 2 years on Gox. The present version seems to cut off backtesting at 6 months.

Pablo, is there a way you guys can add the 1-2 year backtesting option again?

Guys,
  As far as I am aware, custom back testing can only be done for 6 months but you can still use the drop downs for up to 2 year back testing. Does that make sense to you guys or are you seeing something different? If not, can you please post a screen shot of what you see in back testing in terms of options so I can track it down?

Thank you Smiley.

Pablo.

It is impossible to enter a range of more than 6 months in the custom range boxes cor btc-e (that is all that I use)
Screen shot will not work. Need a video to do that or instructions which I will do first:

1) I select a From date of 03/08/2013
2) I select a To date of 03/07/2014
3) The From date disappears

or

1) I manually input a From date of 03/08/2013
2) I manually input a To date of 03/07/2014
3) The From date changes automatically to 01/07/2014

Hey,
  Ok, it turns out you are completely right about the back testing and I was unaware of those changes. I am speaking to the developer so we can increase back testing to one year ASAP. This is an oversight and I apologize for that, we will fix it as soon as possible.

Pablo.
legendary
any plans to add PPC?   

Hey Smiley,
  Not immediately but we plan to add altcoins pretty regularly after the next release Smiley.

Please let me know if you need anything at all.

Pablo.
legendary
please the hability to use another traders techniques or parameters! top traders etc.!

Hey Smiley,
  We have something similar to this in mind for Butter-Cream, top traders should be able to set public strategies and and trade them if they like with other users. That should be the first upgrade after Butter-Cream is released; stay tuned Smiley.

Pablo.
Activity: 504
Not a problem! I consider myself a power user, so I'm always tweaking settings and try to notice when programs might be improved by adding things here and there for ease of usability and what not.

I know that with the nature of this program its not in all of our best interests to make this super easy to use, but for your existing customers I do see this as definitely being a decent usability upgrade for those that would rather not bother with thresholds and are just looking for a bit that will buy and sell at the crossovers, but also gives advanced users the tools to further personalize their experience with the software.

Would you, as a power user, recommend it to an economic newbie like myself?

After I saw that "EMA implementation" has 144 "data points":

(https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2790820)

I am almost scared off from buying this. I saw that Butter Bot comes with instructions, though. What do you think? Is it for a newbie like me?

It's a very easy setup. Don't worry about trying it out. Simple to get going.

Thanks for your reply. The other poster said he is a "power user". How about you? I will probably PM you.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
please the hability to use another traders techniques or parameters! top traders etc.!
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
I just want to make a comment in regards to everyone who says that EMA does not work anymore:

EMA does work... when the market is in an uptrend. It's really quite simple. When the market tops out and turns downward, you should consider turning off the bot until it bottoms and turns upward again. When a market is in an upward trend, EMA picks up the majority of the moves and exits when the market turns downward. It is very effective in uptrends. When markets are in downtrends, EMA initiates buy orders on the brief corrections (crossovers), but then exits when the market continues the downward trend. That's why EMA has losing trades in downtrends. To find the present general trend, use a 12 Hour or 1 Day chart to see if the market is truly in an uptrend, downtrend, or sideways consolidation phase. With the right settings, this bot can make 3500% or more per year on Bitstamp or BTC-e. That performance is actually leaving the bot on for the past year and not turning it off during the 2 major downtrends that took place. If you had shut off the bot during those downtrends, the bot would have made 5500% in a year. Of course, you need to use the correct settings to get that kind of performance.  Wink

Since December 5th, the market has been in a downtrend and at times sideways consolidation. This is a common historic pattern for BTC. We rally to all time highs, crash/panic sell to half the value or more, then move downward/sideways for 2-4 months before the next big rally. EMA is perfect when we are in a rally/uptrend. Just be patient and make sure that the trend is truly moving upwards.

For instance, it looks like we could be entering into an uptrend right now. If the price extends above 700 and holds, we should see a nice uptrend through the middle to end of April. I used to trade forex professionally for 10+ years and have been trading BTC for the one year so far.

Butterbot is the best BTC trading bot I have found and you won't find a product with better customer support. Pablo is the best and he is always working to improve his product.  

I want to take a moment and thank you for your post. It's very useful and valuable, and it seems to me there are far too many people on this forum who don't appreciate valuable contributors such as yourself.

I'm placing my order for Butter Bot in the morning. Now if I can just figure out the correct settings to get that good performance. Smiley
Activity: 845
Whale Watchers and Pinnacle Brilliance founder
Not a problem! I consider myself a power user, so I'm always tweaking settings and try to notice when programs might be improved by adding things here and there for ease of usability and what not.

I know that with the nature of this program its not in all of our best interests to make this super easy to use, but for your existing customers I do see this as definitely being a decent usability upgrade for those that would rather not bother with thresholds and are just looking for a bit that will buy and sell at the crossovers, but also gives advanced users the tools to further personalize their experience with the software.

I am almost scared off from buying this. I saw that Butter Bot comes with instructions, though. What do you think? Is it for a newbie like me?

It's a very easy setup. Don't worry about trying it out. Simple to get going.

Activity: 68
Merit: 10
Hey M Smiley,
  I suspect the issue may be that Chrome is synching between devices. Could please disable synching and reinstall? That ought to solve it.

Pablo.

I suspect you're right.  I'll try that now.

Thanks!
legendary
With the right settings, this bot can make 3500% or more per year on Bitstamp or BTC-e. That performance is actually leaving the bot on for the past year and not turning it off during the 2 major downtrends that took place. If you had shut off the bot during those downtrends, the bot would have made 5500% in a year. Of course, you need to use the correct settings to get that kind of performance.  Wink

Knightlife999 - goddamnit, I am struggling to make 1 tenth of those percentages!

With the right settings, you can get a high return with the bot.  Smiley

How do you backtest for 1 year? When I use custom date range of 1 year by clicking on the calendar, once I chose the To date the From date disappears. If I manually type in a 1 year date range once I type in the To date, the From date reverts to Jan 1 2014. The 1 year option is not in my drop down list.

The previous version allowed backtesting for one year, and the version before that allowed backtesting for 2 years on Gox. The present version seems to cut off backtesting at 6 months.

Guys,
  As far as I am aware, custom back testing can only be done for 6 months but you can still use the drop downs for up to 2 year back testing. Does that make sense to you guys or are you seeing something different? If not, can you please post a screen shot of what you see in back testing in terms of options so I can track it down?

Thank you Smiley.

Pablo.

It is impossible to enter a range of more than 6 months in the custom range boxes cor btc-e (that is all that I use)
Screen shot will not work. Need a video to do that or instructions which I will do first:

1) I select a From date of 03/08/2013
2) I select a To date of 03/07/2014
3) The From date disappears

or

1) I manually input a From date of 03/08/2013
2) I manually input a To date of 03/07/2014
3) The From date changes automatically to 01/07/2014
legendary
With the right settings, this bot can make 3500% or more per year on Bitstamp or BTC-e. That performance is actually leaving the bot on for the past year and not turning it off during the 2 major downtrends that took place. If you had shut off the bot during those downtrends, the bot would have made 5500% in a year. Of course, you need to use the correct settings to get that kind of performance.  Wink

With the right settings, you can get a high return with the bot.  Smiley

Guys,

Thank you Smiley.

Pablo.
legendary
Hey Pablo,

I am experiencing a strange problem with Butter Bot.  Instead of the usual B symbol in Chrome, it is showing a puzzlepiece.  It is currently showing .39 on a red background and a down arrow, like it does when it's running correctly, so I don't know if it's working or not.

If I right-click on it and select Butter Bot, it takes me to the Chrome Store.  If I right-click and select Options it tries to open chrome-extension://mobiagalfkjjikfjjdbihiojihpdfbpl/options.html but it fails with a "The webpage is not found" error.

Any ideas?

If it matters, I have Butter Bot running on two PC's.  One the one I am not having trouble with is on all the time, and Butter Bot is set to do trading.

On the PC I am having trouble with, which is not on all the time I also have Butter Bot installed.  I have the same settings in it, but trading is disabled.  That way I can see what is going on without having two competing bots.

Could this be causing the problem?

Thanks!
Hey M Smiley,
  I suspect the issue may be that Chrome is synching between devices. Could please disable synching and reinstall? That ought to solve it.

Pablo.
legendary
With the right settings, this bot can make 3500% or more per year on Bitstamp or BTC-e. That performance is actually leaving the bot on for the past year and not turning it off during the 2 major downtrends that took place. If you had shut off the bot during those downtrends, the bot would have made 5500% in a year. Of course, you need to use the correct settings to get that kind of performance.  Wink

^^^^^THIS^^^^^ I am leaving my btc alone for 12 months to see what shakes out of the btc tree!

Of course Knightlife999 could share his settings with me Smiley
Activity: 845
Whale Watchers and Pinnacle Brilliance founder

Activity: 68
Merit: 10
Hey Pablo,

I am experiencing a strange problem with Butter Bot.  Instead of the usual B symbol in Chrome, it is showing a puzzlepiece.  It is currently showing .39 on a red background and a down arrow, like it does when it's running correctly, so I don't know if it's working or not.

If I right-click on it and select Butter Bot, it takes me to the Chrome Store.  If I right-click and select Options it tries to open chrome-extension://mobiagalfkjjikfjjdbihiojihpdfbpl/options.html but it fails with a "The webpage is not found" error.

Any ideas?

If it matters, I have Butter Bot running on two PC's.  One the one I am not having trouble with is on all the time, and Butter Bot is set to do trading.

On the PC I am having trouble with, which is not on all the time I also have Butter Bot installed.  I have the same settings in it, but trading is disabled.  That way I can see what is going on without having two competing bots.

Could this be causing the problem?

Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: