Pages:
Author

Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed) - page 6. (Read 274754 times)

legendary
Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000
see email

Thanks

Yep, just replied. Let me me know how it goes Smiley.

Pablo.
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
legendary
Data has seemed to stop on July 15th for my bitstamp account.

Graph is frozen and hourly price listings says "Loading Data"

Cleared browser cache(chrome), start/stop browser, restart.  Rest of reconfig of API key.  So joy found yet on version 3.0.6.

Any ideas?

That's strange. Could you please send me the info requested below? I should be able to get this sorted for you within a few hours.

1. Go into the "manage extensions" page.
2. Enable "developer" mode by checking the "developer" box in the upper tool bar.
3. Go to the extension and click on the "generated_background_page.html" link.
4. When the new window opens, choose the "console tab"
5. Copy and paste the info there to pastebin.com as close to the time of your issue as possible and send it to me at [email protected].

Pablo.
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
Data has seemed to stop on July 15th for my bitstamp account.

Graph is frozen and hourly price listings says "Loading Data"

Cleared browser cache(chrome), start/stop browser, restart.  Rest of reconfig of API key.  So joy found yet on version 3.0.6.

Any ideas?
legendary
Question to all customers or ex-customers.. I've started receiving spam mails about trading software recently. Anyone else have the same problem? If so: Pablo, might there be a leak in your database from which someone is grabbing e-mail adresses?

Just asking. It may as well be some combination of tracking cookies on this forum or any other bitcoin site and may not have anything to do with ButterBot, or it may be completely random.

There is nothing obvious that we can see and we perform security checks regularly so it's extremely unlikely. Regardless, we will look into this in depth.

I'll let you know if we find anything, otherwise, all's good.

Thank you for the heads up.

Pablo.
legendary
Pablo,

I hope you are still watching this thread.  I have a question regarding Butterbot.

I downloaded the demo to sample it yesterday.  Today I had it all set up and I began getting email notifications of sell orders it was making.  I got 8 total sell orders triggered.  However, when I checked my BTC-E balance and order history, nothing had happened.  There is no money pulled out of my balance for these orders.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thank you!

Hey Smiley,
  Of course I'm on the thread! We're just in stealth mode right now working on Butter-X Smiley.

Please drop me an email at [email protected], I need some info from your client and I can get you sorted more quickly over email.

Pablo.
Activity: 288
Merit: 250
Question to all customers or ex-customers.. I've started receiving spam mails about trading software recently. Anyone else have the same problem? If so: Pablo, might there be a leak in your database from which someone is grabbing e-mail adresses?

Just asking. It may as well be some combination of tracking cookies on this forum or any other bitcoin site and may not have anything to do with ButterBot, or it may be completely random.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Pablo,

I hope you are still watching this thread.  I have a question regarding Butterbot.

I downloaded the demo to sample it yesterday.  Today I had it all set up and I began getting email notifications of sell orders it was making.  I got 8 total sell orders triggered.  However, when I checked my BTC-E balance and order history, nothing had happened.  There is no money pulled out of my balance for these orders.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thank you!
legendary
Is Bitfinex in the pipeline? It is now the biggest exchange.

Something we will definitely look into after the release of Butter-X V1. We want to add as many exchanges as possible but we are focusing on getting Butter-X out the door first and then adding these incrementally.

Smiley

Pablo.
Activity: 434
Is Bitfinex in the pipeline? It is now the biggest exchange.
Activity: 55
Hi im looking for an arbitrage bot that will buy bitcoins on bitstamp and sell them on a  different exchange with an api. Im a total noob so I dont know where to look or how to code. Are there any options currently available?

Hey Lay Smiley,
    (Love the name BTW Smiley ) Arbitrage bots are almost impossible to build for the dominant BTC exchanges because very few of them, if any, support automated Fiat withdrawals. Also, if such a bot were possible to be built, which is not really possible, selling them would be pretty futile as each new entrant would greatly diminish returns for the rest of the community.

I hope that makes sense, please let me know if I can help in any way Smiley.

Pablo.
I wouldnt need it to have that many features.

What I need it to do is:
1) list bitcoins on exchange "A" for 2% more than bitstamp (in foreign currency).
2) when coins sell on exchange "A" - buy that amount of coins on bitstamp.

Thats it.
No transfers or withdrawals necessary at all.
Ive found threads online where lots of people are looking for such bots, so there definitely is a demand on the market for such a bot.

Example:
1) the bot sells 1 bitcoin for 350* UK pounds ($611 usd) on a local site through their api.
2) As soon as an amount is sold the bot then buys that amount of bitcoin for $600(market price) on bitstamp.
 *the bot uses bitstamp price to keep the price constantly updated.

Doesn't that rather assume that the balance tips back again?  What you've posted works for one trade but how do you run another trade?  I'm new to this so forgive me if it's a stupid question Smiley
Using Bitstamp and BTC-e as the example 1 BTC often trades for a reasonable difference, say 600 on BTC-e and 610 on Bitstamp.  So assuming I have a standing balance of 100USD and 1BTC on each exchange(total 2BTC and $2k) when it sees the chance the bot would trade on both leaving me with 0BTC and 1610 on Bitstamp and 2BTC and 400USD on BYTC-e (new total 2BTC and $2.1K).  Unless there is usually a reverse swing allowing me to trade back again to level the balance between the two exchanges how to I normalise the balances to allow me to trade in either direction without needing to move FIAT around?  BTC is easy and cheep to move but USD is expensive stuff to ship around the place and you need a lot of money to be bet on each arbitrage exchange don't you?

Help me understand here Smiley

Thanks

Miles
legendary
can we see some screenshoots of butter cream?

Hey Smiley,
   I'm going to post a couple ASAP. I haven't done that yet because our creation interface is quite unique and we don't want to spread it around too much before the release; but I'll be sure to post some teasers ASAP.

Smiley.

Pablo.
Activity: 59
can we see some screenshoots of butter cream?
legendary
Hi im looking for an arbitrage bot that will buy bitcoins on bitstamp and sell them on a  different exchange with an api. Im a total noob so I dont know where to look or how to code. Are there any options currently available?

Hey Lay Smiley,
    (Love the name BTW Smiley ) Arbitrage bots are almost impossible to build for the dominant BTC exchanges because very few of them, if any, support automated Fiat withdrawals. Also, if such a bot were possible to be built, which is not really possible, selling them would be pretty futile as each new entrant would greatly diminish returns for the rest of the community.

Pablo.

What I need it to do is:
1) list bitcoins on exchange "A" for 2% more than bitstamp (in foreign currency).

Thats it.
Ive found threads online where lots of people are looking for such bots, so there definitely is a demand on the market for such a bot.

Example:
1) the bot sells 1 bitcoin for 350* UK pounds ($611 usd) on a local site through their api.
2) As soon as an amount is sold the bot then buys that amount of bitcoin for $600(market price) on bitstamp.

Hey Lay Smiley,
   Ok I see what you are saying. No, we don't have that type of bot at this time, I'll be sure to see if it's something we can look into in the future.

Best,
  Pablo.
legendary
I'm back in here after getting over my loss at MtGox and reading up on some trading stuff.. currently not subscribed to ButterBot, but looking at your planned features for the hosted version. One question: would it enable something like anticyclic trading, e.g. trading so that a certain balance between the values of the different currencies will be maintained? e.g. I have 10btc at 100$/BTC and 1000$ on Bitstamp; the price rises to 200$/BTC, bot sells so I have 7,5BTC and 1500$ (preferrably after waiting for the up trend to level off). That would certainly draw my attention again.

Hey Smiley,
  I suspect that wouldn't be too hard to do but right now we are focusing on the strategy editor and making that as versatile as possible. I'll suggest your idea to the dev, I'm sure we could include a funds management interface like that down the road Smiley.

Pablo.
Activity: 288
I'm back in here after getting over my loss at MtGox and reading up on some trading stuff.. currently not subscribed to ButterBot, but looking at your planned features for the hosted version. One question: would it enable something like anticyclic trading, e.g. trading so that a certain balance between the values of the different currencies will be maintained? e.g. I have 10btc at 100$/BTC and 1000$ on Bitstamp; the price rises to 200$/BTC, bot sells so I have 7,5BTC and 1500$ (preferrably after waiting for the up trend to level off). That would certainly draw my attention again.
Activity: 266

Hey Lay Smiley,

Pablo.

What I need it to do is:

Thats it.

Example:
legendary
UPDATE :

Hey guys Smiley,
   Just as a general update: Closed Beta is going well and I think we will be able to open it to a few more users in August. We are working on financing to hire some more devs to speed things up, whenever I know something, you guys will too.

I'm here as always if anyone needs anything Smiley.

Pablo.
legendary
Hi im looking for an arbitrage bot that will buy bitcoins on bitstamp and sell them on a  different exchange with an api. Im a total noob so I dont know where to look or how to code. Are there any options currently available?

Hey Lay Smiley,

Pablo.
Activity: 266
Hi im looking for an arbitrage bot that will buy bitcoins on bitstamp and sell them on a  different exchange with an api. Im a total noob so I dont know where to look or how to code. Are there any options currently available?
Pages:
Jump to: