Pages:
Author

Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed) - page 15. (Read 274757 times)

legendary
Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000
I just want to make a comment in regards to everyone who says that EMA does not work anymore:

EMA does work... when the market is in an uptrend. It's really quite simple. When the market tops out and turns downward, you should consider turning off the bot until it bottoms and turns upward again. When a market is in an upward trend, EMA picks up the majority of the moves and exits when the market turns downward. It is very effective in uptrends. When markets are in downtrends, EMA initiates buy orders on the brief corrections (crossovers), but then exits when the market continues the downward trend. That's why EMA has losing trades in downtrends. To find the present general trend, use a 12 Hour or 1 Day chart to see if the market is truly in an uptrend, downtrend, or sideways consolidation phase. With the right settings, this bot can make 3500% or more per year on Bitstamp or BTC-e. That performance is actually leaving the bot on for the past year and not turning it off during the 2 major downtrends that took place. If you had shut off the bot during those downtrends, the bot would have made 5500% in a year. Of course, you need to use the correct settings to get that kind of performance.  Wink

Since December 5th, the market has been in a downtrend and at times sideways consolidation. This is a common historic pattern for BTC. We rally to all time highs, crash/panic sell to half the value or more, then move downward/sideways for 2-4 months before the next big rally. EMA is perfect when we are in a rally/uptrend. Just be patient and make sure that the trend is truly moving upwards.

For instance, it looks like we could be entering into an uptrend right now. If the price extends above 700 and holds, we should see a nice uptrend through the middle to end of April. I used to trade forex professionally for 10+ years and have been trading BTC for the one year so far.

Butterbot is the best BTC trading bot I have found and you won't find a product with better customer support. Pablo is the best and he is always working to improve his product.  

Hi Knight Smiley,
 Thank you for your kind comments. We really do feel we have a good product out there and we are working hard to improve upon Butter-Bot with our next generation trader "Butter-Cream". EMA is a successful strategy when used appropriately and we have legions of happy traders, I sincerely hope that those of you who have reservations on it will find success with the myriad of strategies and indicators we will introduce with Butter-Cream in the coming months. In the meantime, I am here to help anyone who needs it on a one on one basis to help you get set up and reach profitability as quickly as possible.

Pablo.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
FIBB Fibonacci Bollinger Bands strategy?

fibonacci's golden ratio is everywhere. read on this topic might be helpful:
http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=35566
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
Wow, people really using these fancy and simple bots?
Activity: 845
Whale Watchers and Pinnacle Brilliance founder
I just want to make a comment in regards to everyone who says that EMA does not work anymore:

EMA does work... when the market is in an uptrend. It's really quite simple. When the market tops out and turns downward, you should consider turning off the bot until it bottoms and turns upward again. When a market is in an upward trend, EMA picks up the majority of the moves and exits when the market turns downward. It is very effective in uptrends. When markets are in downtrends, EMA initiates buy orders on the brief corrections (crossovers), but then exits when the market continues the downward trend. That's why EMA has losing trades in downtrends. To find the present general trend, use a 12 Hour or 1 Day chart to see if the market is truly in an uptrend, downtrend, or sideways consolidation phase. With the right settings, this bot can make 3500% or more per year on Bitstamp or BTC-e. That performance is actually leaving the bot on for the past year and not turning it off during the 2 major downtrends that took place. If you had shut off the bot during those downtrends, the bot would have made 5500% in a year. Of course, you need to use the correct settings to get that kind of performance.  Wink

Since December 5th, the market has been in a downtrend and at times sideways consolidation. This is a common historic pattern for BTC. We rally to all time highs, crash/panic sell to half the value or more, then move downward/sideways for 2-4 months before the next big rally. EMA is perfect when we are in a rally/uptrend. Just be patient and make sure that the trend is truly moving upwards.

For instance, it looks like we could be entering into an uptrend right now. If the price extends above 700 and holds, we should see a nice uptrend through the middle to end of April. I used to trade forex professionally for 10+ years and have been trading BTC for the one year so far.

Butterbot is the best BTC trading bot I have found and you won't find a product with better customer support. Pablo is the best and he is always working to improve his product.  
legendary
Hi Guys Smiley,
  I'm really sorry I have been a bit absent from the thread the past couple of weeks; been so involved in developing Butter-Cream that I got caught up, I'm sorry about that and from today on you can all expect same day answers from me again Smiley.

I want to catch everyone up:

1. We released Litecoin Live last week (albeit without much fanfare), I hope you guys are enjoying it and finding it profitable Smiley.

Butter-Cream is coming along great and we are running a pre-alpha version:

1. Multiple indicators requested run great; we have found Bollinger Band trading very useful the past couple of weeks Smiley.
2. Our method for allowing customers to create their own strategies and manipulate indicators easily and intuitively is working perfectly.
3. Graphs and other interface systems work great.

I think we may be able to show you guys an open beta in 6-8 weeks.

Again, let me apologize for my short absence, please let me know if anyone needs anything Smiley.

Pablo.

Activity: 6
hi,

i have a question about the diff between EMA values when crossover either for buy or sell the higher diff percentage is better or the smaller is better for buy?

Please explain.

Thank you.
Activity: 55

any ETA about that next gen bot.

Pablo's reply on the previous page:
Quote from: fibre1
We plan to release LTC in the coming weeks, we have it down, we just have to test one last upgrade and we are good to go.

The Butter-Cream Beta is hard to predict, but I think 6-8 weeks for Beta testing to start is a good goal. We want to release Butter-Cream as soon as we can develop it and make sure it does what it is supposed to do in the best way possible. It's just such a big leap forward that we want to push it out ASAP.

In the meantime I think we will be asking for customer input in intermediate steps along the way.
Smiley
Activity: 76
Any chance of a version not requiring Chrome?

Hi Smiley,
  Yep, our next gen bot "Butter-Cream" will run from our servers through a web interface, nothing is needed on the clients end.

I hope that helps, please let me know if you need anything at all Smiley.

Pablo.

any ETA about that next gen bot.
legendary
Hi there im new to BB, still not a member but have a free licence key.

now my questions, i cant see any charts and the bot isnt functioning?
I put in my api + secret word, but the bot isnt working.

is this because i first have to become a full membership?

sincerly,
me

HI Michael Smiley,
  No, the demo is fully functional.

Why do you think Butter is not working, is it because you have not seen a trade yet?

EMA (the bot's algorithm) is a trend seeking algorithm, that means that the bot seeks to get in/out of up/down trends as quickly as possible; thus the bot will only trade when the market reverses itself.
BTC has been collapsing for the past few days and thus the bot is holding a "sell" command, therefore you would not expect to have seen a trade yet. When the market reverses itself you will see a trade and the bot will sell your BTC for Fiat.

This is not a High Frequency Trader (HFT). With EMA, the fewer trades you see, the better, because it means that trends are manifesting themselves and making you money. Many trades in a short period of time could mean the bot has been triggered by a false signal and could end up costing you fees.
I hope that answers your questions, please do not hesitate to let me know if you need anything at all Smiley.

Pablo.

I just reread your question:

The issue with the charts is likely a problem with your demo key not being entered properly: please double check that punctuation was not included in the key by mistake or that it is not missing a character. Your API keys also need to have the necessary permissions; feel free to drop me an email, I will be happy to help you one on one Smiley.

Pablo.
legendary

Hi Smiley,
  Yep, our next gen bot "Butter-Cream" will run from our servers through a web interface, nothing is needed on the clients end.

I hope that helps, please let me know if you need anything at all Smiley.

Pablo.
Activity: 83
legendary

sincerly,
me

HI Michael Smiley,
  No, the demo is fully functional.

Why do you think Butter is not working, is it because you have not seen a trade yet?

EMA (the bot's algorithm) is a trend seeking algorithm, that means that the bot seeks to get in/out of up/down trends as quickly as possible; thus the bot will only trade when the market reverses itself.
BTC has been collapsing for the past few days and thus the bot is holding a "sell" command, therefore you would not expect to have seen a trade yet. When the market reverses itself you will see a trade and the bot will sell your BTC for Fiat.

This is not a High Frequency Trader (HFT). With EMA, the fewer trades you see, the better, because it means that trends are manifesting themselves and making you money. Many trades in a short period of time could mean the bot has been triggered by a false signal and could end up costing you fees.
I hope that answers your questions, please do not hesitate to let me know if you need anything at all Smiley.

Pablo.
Activity: 8

sincerly,
me
legendary
Gox Removal

Friends,
   We have removed support for Mt. Gox.

Since going dark, gox has caused undue load on our servers as the bot tried to reach the gox API and was refused.

We are here to support our gox customers in anything they may need and I am personally available to answer any questions or help in any way.

Pablo.
hey,

im new to BB and would like to know where I can find the api-key and api secret? whats about override global settings? is there any link/page where I can find more info on that.

do I need fiat + bitcoin reserve to trade?

thanks!

--> PROBLEM SOLVED: everyone having the same issue, please check the attached .pdf to the registration mail. thanks
legendary
Can you share your road map with us? Any idea on new releases?

Sure:

We plan to release LTC in the coming weeks, we have it down, we just have to test one last upgrade and we are good to go.

The Butter-Cream Beta is hard to predict, but I think 6-8 weeks for Beta testing to start is a good goal. We want to release Butter-Cream as soon as we can develop it and make sure it does what it is supposed to do in the best way possible. It's just such a big leap forward that we want to push it out ASAP.

In the meantime I think we will be asking for customer input in intermediate steps along the way.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Pablo.
Activity: 319
Merit: 250
Can you share your road map with us? Any idea on new releases?
good news Pablo and nicely put to Smiley
Thank you
Miles
legendary
Hey guys Smiley,
  Sorry I haven't gotten back to you guys earlier, I've been having some issues with my account that just got resolved.

I want to say that I am backtracking completely on this idea that the new bot will be a "separate product". Well of course it is in the sense that it is an entirely different platform but we will find a good way to grandfather all active subscribers in. There is no final decision on what that will look like but rest assured that we will figure this out with the community and to everyone's satisfaction, we don't want anyone to be unhappy when the new solution rolls out Smiley.

I will update everyone as soon as I can on this: but I repeat, no one will be left out.

Sorry about my earlier statement, I didn't think this would be a big deal since we are really talking about a separate product, but in the end it's really my fault and I should have handled this better; given the reaction we have seen please rest assured we will work something out to everyone’s satisfaction Smiley.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.

Pablo.
wow, another person who feels a bit let down with the news that the next version of the bot will be a separate purchase!  I can't be bothered to go back and find the bits where statements such as "the next version will give alternative strategies" etc were made or even prove that they were but that was certainly the impression I got.  Now it's not the next version but a new bot!  I really hope that the faithful get a massive discount! Shocked

Does this mean that hosting etc will be a new version as well?

I would however pay extra to have access to the data behind the bot so that we can run things like the inflection check I mentioned earlier or to be able to model different combinations of the EMA variables without needing to manually change things in the back trader...

Miles
Pages:
Jump to: