Author

Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed) - page 114. (Read 274784 times)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0
Thanks!  Are you changing your EMA on your risk settings?

thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000
What successful configs are you running in the large highs/lows (i.e. now) ??

thanks!

With large highs/lows the suggested starter settings are a good place to begin analysis.

Buy 1:0.15
Buy 2:0.23

Sell 1:0.13
Sell 2:0.17

30 minute time window.

Depending on my own appetite for risk I may change settings to the following:

Buy 1:0.15
Buy 2:0.18

Sell 1:0.13
Sell 2:0.15

In this case the bot will buy in earlier on a rise, but it runs the risk of accruing fees on fluctuations that do not constitute true up trends. I have also lowered the "sell" threshold to get me out of a crash earlier.

These are just general suggestions, you should make modifications based on your own experience and appetite for risk. I am happy to discuss any settings you may wish to use with you and offer some suggestions and guidance.

You can drop me an email at any point: [email protected]

Pablo.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
What successful configs are you running in the large highs/lows (i.e. now) ??

thanks!
legendary
Is there any reference on how much % it makes per month since selling started?

thank you

Hi Tempt Smiley,
   There really aren´t because the "starter" settings that we provide are intended to be modified by their users as soon as they get a hang of how the bot works based on their appetite for risk.

The question would really depend on who you ask and what settings they have.

Please let me know if I can be of any service Smiley.

Pablo.
Activity: 294
Merit: 262
Is there any reference on how much % it makes per month since selling started?

thank you
legendary
I want to let everyone know that work on V2 (our feature added, completely rewritten bot) today is coming along nicely, there are some great upgrades in the works Smiley.

It´s a good time to purchase your B-Bot and ensure a free upgrade into the all new system.

Pablo.
legendary
Hi Smiley,
  Yes, the problem is the Gox API. Our next build will be much more resistant to this situation. I don´t want to reveal too much right now but I think we have found a good way to mitigate this situation. I will post more information about V2´s features and improvements as soon as we luanch Beta testing Smiley.

Pablo.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Yep, that is why I tried with the free bot gekko and ran in simulation mode. Same thing happened last week.... gave me a sell order at the bottom price.

Perhaps the problem is not the software, but the exchange's inability to handle the traffic being passed down the API.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050
BBOT keeps telling me this :

Connection to the MtGox API failed. Please be patient while we try again.

EDIT : I'm starting to get very annoyed by this. Price has dropped a lot but I can't coun on BBot to keep my BTC safe right now. Then why did I buy BBOT.... grrr.
legendary
Hi Smiley

We are estimating 4 weeks for release of V2, plus or minus a bit. We are adding some cool and complex features that will make this a worthwhile wait. We will be releasing some beta versions for customer testing at some point before V2 is fully released. I will make a post about this at that time, anyone who wishes can sign up for an early peek. Please let me know if you have any other questions Smiley.

Pablo
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
Any word on the progress of the new version?
legendary
I hope everyone is having a great day!

Pablo.
legendary
Thanks for the reply. I liked bbot on FB Smiley

Thank you!

Whatever you need, please let me know Smiley.

Pablo.
legendary
Thanks for the reply. I liked bbot on FB Smiley
legendary
Question : last night I sent more BTC to my mtgox account, for BBOT to play with. The MA line hasn't crosses for a few days, yet BBOT sold my BTC this morning at 09.07. Which seems like a really random time when you look at the chart. I have the settings like in the email : with the 30 minute window and tight thresholds.

What happened Pablo ?

J

Hi J,
   Could you please tell me what Time zone you are in? I need this so I can look at the chart, since the registered trading time is local.

Thank you Smiley.

Pablo.

Sure. GMT+1

EDIT correction, my mtGox account is set to GMT

J,
  I think I tracked down the issue. There would have been no trade at that time if the BTC had already been in your account, but the bot works like this:

1. Depending on its market analysis, the bot issues either a "buy" or a "sell" command, which it holds until the market shifts.
2. What likely happened, is that at 9:07 your new BTC arrived at MT.Gox (6 verifications completed) and the bot which has been holding a "sell" command since early in yesterday's crash, liquidated your new BTC into USD.

In the upcoming release you will be able to specify a BTC reserve so that bot only trades with a certain amount of funds.

Please let me know if there is anything else you need Smiley.

Pablo.
legendary
Question : last night I sent more BTC to my mtgox account, for BBOT to play with. The MA line hasn't crosses for a few days, yet BBOT sold my BTC this morning at 09.07. Which seems like a really random time when you look at the chart. I have the settings like in the email : with the 30 minute window and tight thresholds.

What happened Pablo ?

J

Hi J,
   Could you please tell me what Time zone you are in? I need this so I can look at the chart, since the registered trading time is local.

Thank you Smiley.

Pablo.

Sure. GMT+1

EDIT correction, my mtGox account is set to GMT
legendary

What happened Pablo ?

J

Hi J,

Thank you Smiley.

Pablo.
legendary

What happened Pablo ?

J
legendary
We just breached 300 Facebook "Likes" Smiley.

Pablo.
legendary
We have garnered 180 facebook "likes" in 3 days: http://www.facebook.com/btcbots

Maybe it's time to give us a try?

Pablo.
Jump to: