Author

Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed) - page 111. (Read 274784 times)

Activity: 102
Merit: 10
locate the file on your disk and drag the file to the extensions and drop it there.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
OK, I've just bought this.

But  Embarrassed since I really don't use Chrfome I've got no idea how to setup this. I've tried to open the file I got in mail with Chrome and it shows that it's working on adding extension just to get an info that extensions can't be added from this website (path to the file on my hd).

legendary
Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003
Hi Kuroth Smiley,
   I'm glad you are enjoying your bot, it makes us very happy when people both understand and enjoy our products Smiley.

We don't have a fixed ETA on the back testing after the release of V2, but like everything we have been working on, it will be brought out the door as fast as we can make it while maintaining quality standards. Back testing is the feature that I personally most want to see on V2 actually.

I like the idea of higher time frames, I read Gomboo's post and I think it's worth it to add those; the problem however, is that the EMA model requires 144 data points, so, if we where to use a 24 hour frame, that is 144 days of data that we need and we are not sure whether the exchange API's will throttle us or if we can actually hold data that far back. We'll take a better look at it and let you know. Please know we are taking a serious look at this.

Please let us know if you need anything at all, we are here to make your experience as fun and profitable as possible Smiley.

Pablo.

I have been learning how the bot works by watching it make decisions. I think there is room for improvement with just a few extra features.

Is there any chance that the tables that show up showing the Time, Price, Diff could be outputted in some other form? CSV or just as a regular HTML web page that gets re-generated with ongoing measurements of diff?

The reason I ask is because the bot gives valuable information that can make it extremely trivial to make a profit at any setting. The issue is the chrome plugin seems to generate a valid web page with "all the details" but the page itself is not directly accessible.

I am a fan of automation and would very much love to get my hands on the data spit out by the B-Bot in "popup.html". I have been trading manually alongside the B-Bot in a different account and that has netted me about 10 to 15 BTC in the last two days. But the B-Bot has actually lost .3 BTC in a test account (originally with 4.5 BTC) in the same time frame.

-------------------------

The reason I ask is because I noticed that the B-Bot pays close attention to the differences between the two EMA lines to determine the crossover. Both going up and down. The shape of the curve and the steepness can be determined from simply looking at the difference values. What I haven't seen yet is any form of the bot tracking what the original entry point was. (Maybe it does, but it doesn't give any indication of what that value might be)

I assumed the "Stop Trading Loss" feature was implemented as a way to trigger some kind of percentage where the bot would execute a trade. The only problem is it does not appear to work. (I am unsure)

I place very low settings on the bot to see if it would trigger trades even with a drop of 1%+ (my stop loss setting) and it seems to follow the curve even when it drops more than 1% (in my favor).

So there seems to be a very critical feature missing from B-Bot v2 beta. It follows EMA fine but it loses plenty of trading opportunities. (as evidence on my other account where I gained nearly 15 BTC by follow the EMA lines manually)

--------------------

If I could pull out that table data as a popup.html that keeps tabs on the diff data it would be a godsend. Is there any way to pull it open in any (full featured) browser?
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Makes sense..   If not 1D, maybe a 2H 4H 6H and 12H....

Thanks..

legendary
Hi Kuroth Smiley,
   I'm glad you are enjoying your bot, it makes us very happy when people both understand and enjoy our products Smiley.

We don't have a fixed ETA on the back testing after the release of V2, but like everything we have been working on, it will be brought out the door as fast as we can make it while maintaining quality standards. Back testing is the feature that I personally most want to see on V2 actually.

I like the idea of higher time frames, I read Gomboo's post and I think it's worth it to add those; the problem however, is that the EMA model requires 144 data points, so, if we where to use a 24 hour frame, that is 144 days of data that we need and we are not sure whether the exchange API's will throttle us or if we can actually hold data that far back. We'll take a better look at it and let you know. Please know we are taking a serious look at this.

Please let us know if you need anything at all, we are here to make your experience as fun and profitable as possible Smiley.

Pablo.
Oh and forgot to ask..  Any chance of adding "1 day" as an option to the timefram options of the Bot..  I noticed as Goomboos's thread progressed, he switched his method to 1D instead of 1H.   I would like that option in the Bot..

Actually if not to big of a modification, I would say add all the differnt time options in..
Hi Pablo

First just wanted to say I have been running the latest beta of the bot for over 3 days now and is has had no issues at all..  And I am connected to Mt Gox.   Just the market was been pretty quiet so only 2 trades in almost 4 days and both trades for a slight loss which I expected..  If any of you have not read Goomboos thread I HIGHLY recommend reading the whole thing.  Took me a while but I finished it yesterday..  And I have a MUCH better understanding on how EMA works and that it takes long term patience to stay with it even in the losses..   A Long term EMA strategy will equal out to about 30% winning trades and 70% loosing trades BUT the loosing trades should be pretty small and occasionally your winning trades should be big..    Can you take it if your Bot loses 7 or 8 trades in a row?  Or will you give up?

My questions is can you give us some of new things that will be in the final V2 coming out in a week or two?  Excited to hear what they are..  And what is the estimate on when we will see the ability to back test?  I hope that is coming soon as that would allow us to test out any tweaks to the Prams we make..

Keep up the great work and cant wait to see what is next...
legendary

This is the first I'm hearing of this Smiley.

Anywho, looks like the winner used an EMA strategy Smiley.

Pablo.
legendary
PuertoLibre,

Much appreciated Smiley. I'm happy you caught that one before the Beta went live!

We will correct that before the full release, thank you.

Please let us know if you have any other issues.

Pablo.
legendary
legendary
I just purchased the software.

Currently taking it out on a spin to see how it handles. I just finished setting up the API settings, but it says "Could not retrieve funds" when I hover over the button in chrome.

(By the way, does this extension work on a (Chrome) Android based Tablet?

Hi Smiley,
  I am PMing you right now; I'll help you work through the issue Smiley.

Pablo.
legendary
I just purchased the software.

Currently taking it out on a spin to see how it handles. I just finished setting up the API settings, but it says "Could not retrieve funds" when I hover over the button in chrome.

(By the way, does this extension work on a (Chrome) Android based Tablet?
legendary
Announcement

How long is the early adopter spot open for? I am selling some stuff on ebay so I might buy this after that.

This question goes well with an announcement I have to make:

We received a lot of great suggestions during the beta, which we are now implementing. Unfortunately, this has put us behind our release schedule by about 7-10 days so instead of releasing this weekend we will be releasing either by the end of next week or the middle of the week after that.

I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.

To make up for this, we are opening another round of spots in our beta program; whoever wants access to the beta, please just drop me an email at [email protected]. Spaces are limited but we will try to accomodate everyone who wants early access. If you decide to wait for the full release you will experience a more complete product but the beta is completely functional and very stable; still, it is a beta.

I want to apologzie again for this inconvenience, we are not in the habit of missing our release dates.

On the up side, the early adopter program will remain open until the full public release of V2 so you are still in time to get in on this great deal Smiley.

If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to drop me an email.

Best,
  Pablo.
[email protected]
Activity: 812
How long is the early adopter spot open for? I am selling some stuff on ebay so I might buy this after that.
legendary
Sorry if this sounds reall stupid but if I buy now will I get acces to v3/4 etc.? And how much does it cost (couldn't find the price)

Hi Monetizer Smiley,
   The current bot is going for 99 USD. You can purchase here: www.btcbots.com; as an early adopter you will receive a free upgrade to V2 and a free one year subscription to V2, as well as free, unlimited, tech support.

About your question regarding future upgrades, we don't generally plan to charge for them if you maintain a paid subscription. We haven't yet decided how we will deal with people who want to upgrade directly say from V2 to V4 but were not V3 users.

If we were to charge for a Version upgrade to an active user the upgrade would have to be pretty major (more so than usual) and we would generally not charge more than 15-25 USD. I repeat, we DO NOT generally plan to charge for upgrades to active users.

Please let me know if you have any further questions Smiley.

Best,
  Pablo.
Activity: 812
Sorry if this sounds reall stupid but if I buy now will I get acces to v3/4 etc.? And how much does it cost (couldn't find the price)
legendary
Ok So I assume I know the bot is working when I see the Green Icon in the upper left of my Web browers?  And when I mouse over it it shows my Balance in BTC and US$ on Mt Gox so I assume this means the Bot is working and my connection to MT Gox is good?

Yesterday I purchased 3 BTC at Coinbase for $86 each and then transferred to MT Gox as my starting play money to use with the Bot..

Setup and turned(I think) the Bot on yesterday late afternoon and BTC was around $88

Left the Bot on all night and the Bot has not done anything (That I can tell) and BTC is now $99

So I assume this is correct and the Bot is working and will trigger a sell(For a profit) once it seems EMA hit the .25 showing a down trend correct?

Just making sure I am understanding all this AND that my Bot is actually on and working..

Thanks!

Kuroth,
   You got the entire concept accurately. Another good indicator that your bot is functional that when you click on the logo it displays all charts accurately and shows no errors on the display.

As the market is on the up trend, and you were holding BTC to begin with, you will not see a trade until the market hits a down trend.

Please let me know if you have any other questions Smiley.

Best,
  Pablo.
Ok So I assume I know the bot is working when I see the Green Icon in the upper left of my Web browers?  And when I mouse over it it shows my Balance in BTC and US$ on Mt Gox so I assume this means the Bot is working and my connection to MT Gox is good?

Yesterday I purchased 3 BTC at Coinbase for $86 each and then transferred to MT Gox as my starting play money to use with the Bot..

Setup and turned(I think) the Bot on yesterday late afternoon and BTC was around $88

Left the Bot on all night and the Bot has not done anything (That I can tell) and BTC is now $99

So I assume this is correct and the Bot is working and will trigger a sell(For a profit) once it seems EMA hit the .25 showing a down trend correct?

Just making sure I am understanding all this AND that my Bot is actually on and working..

Thanks!

p.s.  Pablo is the best..  So nice and polite and easy on us noobs that are learning...    I have this A++++++++++++++  So far...
Jump to: