Author

Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed) - page 110. (Read 274784 times)

legendary
Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000
Hey there, I just threw in my share and grabbed your setup.

It says I'm using 0.2.7. Is this the latest? And if not, would it be possible for me to get the beta as well?

Thanks!

Hi Dresden Smiley,
    We will be sending you a copy of the Beta shortly, please let me know if you do not receive it within an hour or two.

Pablo.
Activity: 239
Merit: 100
Hey there, I just threw in my share and grabbed your setup.

It says I'm using 0.2.7. Is this the latest? And if not, would it be possible for me to get the beta as well?

Thanks!
legendary
Alright, you guys seem to have a point. I do seem to be confusing trend trading with day trading. I have set the bot to 1 hour intervals (previously 15min) and will leave it alone for a couple of days to see what it does.

Hi PuertoLibre:),

Please use the following settings for your test:

Buy 1:0
Buy 2:0.25

Sell 1:0
Sell 2:0.25

60 minute time window.

These are Gomboo's settings, he's proven them up and down on his thread. You may need more than a few days to judge this, couple of weeks would be better. Some volatility would also be great but I'm just being nitpicky Smiley.

Pablo.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003
Alright, you guys seem to have a point. I do seem to be confusing trend trading with day trading. I have set the bot to 1 hour intervals (previously 15min) and will leave it alone for a couple of days to see what it does.
Activity: 196
When will this Bot come out with a version where we can Trade Stocks on BitFunder using EMA?Huh?      Grin    Now that would be interesting..  As a lot of those stocks have pretty wild up and down swings.. 

Hey Kuroth Smiley,
  There are no plans for stocks in the immediate future; it is something we would consider but first we have to pump out V2, other exchanges, altcoins, strategy modules other than EMA and then think about expanding Smiley.

Please let me know if I can be of service in any way Smiley.

Pablo.

Sounds good..  Just throwing out ideas..     Wink
legendary
When will this Bot come out with a version where we can Trade Stocks on BitFunder using EMA?Huh?      Grin    Now that would be interesting..  As a lot of those stocks have pretty wild up and down swings.. 

Hey Kuroth Smiley,
  There are no plans for stocks in the immediate future; it is something we would consider but first we have to pump out V2, other exchanges, altcoins, strategy modules other than EMA and then think about expanding Smiley.

Please let me know if I can be of service in any way Smiley.

Pablo.

EMA, in the long run, will equal out to about 70% of the trades it makes will be losses and 30% of the trades will me winners...  

With most of the losses being small(and a lot of them due to the Trade Transaction fee)

And some of the wins being larger..

Of course for all this to work for any bot or person using the EMA method, the Market has to move..   BTC Market has been mostly sideways for the past 4 or 5 days..

In looking at just the past Year of the BTC market, it looks to me to be sideways like 80% of the time..  Thus why EMA is a method for "LONG" Term..  Over time(6 months to a year) there is a good chance(not 100%) that EMA will make you some type of Profit(Big or small)

legendary
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Today the bot lost another .2 BTC in an originally 4.5 BTC account. The current remaining values stand at 4.070 BTC remaining.

In a larger account I do manual trading with I gained 1.7 BTC by doing manual trading today. This was only because I was busy with hardware upgrades and was only able to do 1 trade today.

I think this bot by design is not a day trading bot which tries to maximize profit at a higher risk, but rather tries to profit from upswings while minimizing losses when the price goes down. During the last "minicrash" 2 days ago it goy me out at 94.4$ using the 0/0.25% hourly setting. When I got to the PC the price was at 89$, so it saved >6% of my money Smiley

Are your settings too aggressive maybe so that you run into many false positives and keep losing money on transaction fees?
Activity: 287
Merit: 250
This part also worries me.

Someone asked me an apt question when I read back this portion of your reply. I was asked, how does the bot know that 144 points in the past was a relevant (or even a good) starting point for the future [decisions]?

I couldn't help but shrug as they asked me that because it is a very good question. If the Bot doesn't use the highest recent point as the entry point (but ? apparently) just the 144th entry point from "now", it can apparently make....pretty bad decisions.

The point that came to mind is asking if there is any way to add a feature where:

--A) We can see what that entry point actually is at any given time.

and

--B) Change the length of that entry point to what we want. (72 previous points instead?)

3. Trailing Stop Loss takes the highest value Bitcoin has achieved since you turned on the bot and will SELL all your BTC if the value goes down from the maximum by the percentage you have specified. So it really was following it's programming when the value changed in your favor, by design, it will only intervene when there is a loss. This is one of those features that is very sensitive to set and that you have to keep an eye on though.
First question, does this field accept a negative value?

Second question, Does this rely on the mystery 144th point in the past? (or when I actually turned on the bot?)

Perhaps a bot with internally tweakable settings might allow even more customization.

You are thinking about EMA in the wrong way, in a perfect world you would actually want all data.

The way EMA works is that the previous interval is more important than the the interval that came before it, that is because you are only interested in trends that are currently happening / might happen and not trends that happened in the past. If the bot would not look at any historical data it would not be able to calculate if there is a trend for after a while (gathering data from the start which becomes old data after a while).

If 2 people (A and B) would run a bot that doesn't look at any past data and A is running the bot for months and B just boots it up, only A is able to determine if we are currently in a trend and B wouldn't because you can't just look at the current price to say wether the price is going up or down (you need to compare with past data).

The beauty about EMA is that the relevance of each interval is exponential decreased. This means that all data points are reflected in the current EMA calculation, however they are getting exponentially getting less relevant. The number 144 is was in the free bot this bot is based on, and is a nice combination between having enough past data (having ALL past history would only help you a tiny bit in better calculating the EMAs, since old stuff of exponentially less important) and not spamming the Mt. Gox API to hard / having to wait to long for the bot to start.

There was a discussion in the old thread (for the free chrome browser bot this bot is based on) on what this number should be and it was changed from 20 to 144. In most other bots this is configurable, but you should never change this number except when you know that lowering this number will make your EMA less accurate.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
I'll wait, no problem... I am all in WorldCoin currently, couldn't trade btc anyway.
legendary
OK, I've made it Smiley

Another question, I can't see btc-e stuff, does it appears after I fill MtGox options or?

Seleme,
  BTC-E is only available in the Beta. Just drop me an email at [email protected] and I'll send you a copy right now Smiley.

If you prefer to wait, the full Beta should be released by the end of next week.

I'm here whatever you want to do.

Pablo.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
OK, I've made it Smiley

Another question, I can't see btc-e stuff, does it appears after I fill MtGox options or?
legendary
V2 Beta Announcement "Butter Bot"

Friends,
 We have just released an updated version of the V2 Beta. If anyone in the Beta program did not get it already, please drop me an email and I will resend you a copy.

This version includes the following updates:

-Bug fixes and stability improvements

-Connection and proper functioning indicator

- FIAT reserves

- Email-on-trade

-Referral implementation

-Subscription Renewal.

This updated Version is rebranded as "Butter Bot." We will be updating the website and the Bot's layout in time with the release and to go with the rebranding, we hope that everyone enjoys the upcoming changes Smiley.

We have a couple more spots open on the Beta program so if anyone wants early access, please just drop me an email. Although most of the final V2 Butter Bot features are in there, we are working on the redesign and other implementation.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if anyone need anything Smiley.

Pablo
[email protected]
Hi,
The issue with the mtgox feed being throttled is still there. (Not nearly as persistent in the console log though)

http://pastebin.com/pamjgU7K
http://59bf40500265a9f2e0db-fd3adeab87a9544cb3300f4adbac09d2.r74.cf2.rackcdn.com/2013-07-17_200711.jpg

Friends,
 We have just released an updated version of the V2 Beta. If anyone in the Beta program did not get it already, please drop me an email and I will resend you a copy.

- FIAT reserves

- Email-on-trade

-Referral implementation

-Subscription Renewal.

This updated Version is rebranded as "Butter Bot." We will be updating the website and the Bot's layout in time with the release and to go with the rebranding, we hope that everyone enjoys the upcoming changes Smiley.

We have a couple more spots open on the Beta program so if anyone wants early access, please just drop me an email. Although most of the final V2 Butter Bot features are in there, we are working on the redesign and other implementation.

Pablo
[email protected]

Sweet..  Wil try it out tonight when I get home..

legendary

Friends,

- FIAT reserves

- Email-on-trade

-Referral implementation

-Subscription Renewal.

Pablo
[email protected]
legendary
OK, I've just bought this.

But  Embarrassed since I really don't use Chrfome I've got no idea how to setup this. I've tried to open the file I got in mail with Chrome and it shows that it's working on adding extension just to get an info that extensions can't be added from this website (path to the file on my hd).

Hi Seleme Smiley,
  I'm sorry about the confusion. Please enter this address into your Chrome address bar: "chrome://extensions/". Then drag and drop the extension file into the page and you are all set Smiley.

As Kuroth suggested, I will be revising the purchase email to include these instructions.

Please let me know if you have any other questions Smiley.

Pablo.

EDIT: We have also added a "properly set up" indicator to the Beta update that we will be sending out later today to all current beta testers and which will also be part of the full V2 release Smiley.
OK, I've just bought this.

But  Embarrassed since I really don't use Chrfome I've got no idea how to setup this. I've tried to open the file I got in mail with Chrome and it shows that it's working on adding extension just to get an info that extensions can't be added from this website (path to the file on my hd).

I too struggled with this when I first got the bot and finally after 30 min of googeling and searching the net figured out how to install it.

Pablo I would suggest you add how to install the Bot as a Chrom Extension  to the Bot Docs going forward..  There are a lot of people that probably don’t know how to do this..  And maybe even add “How you know the Bot is installed and working” to the Doc as well..  For example..  Something like a screen shot showing In the upper right side of your Chrome browser you will see the Bot Icon and when you mouse over it, it should show you your Balance on the Exchange you are using(This shows you are connected to your Exchange) and if you click on the Bot Icon in the upper right, it will open the screen with the Chart and the values for each time frame you selected etc..”

Thanks!

Jump to: