Author

Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed) - page 109. (Read 274784 times)

legendary
Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000
Is there any way to get this bot running on crypto-trade.com?
https://crypto-trade.com/api/documentation
I'm not using Btc-e and Gox anymore, just CT - so this would be really nice!
Unfortunately I'm not a software developer, so I don't have any coding skills at all.

Hi Grinny Smiley,
    This is something we will definitely look at in the future, it is our plan to add as many exchanges as we can, but right this moment we are focusing on back testing and altcoins after the V2 release so this is not something we can do immediately. We will keep an eye on this however, please let me know if there is anything I can do for you in the meantime Smiley.

Pablo.
Activity: 390
Merit: 250
Is there any way to get this bot running on crypto-trade.com?
https://crypto-trade.com/api/documentation
I'm not using Btc-e and Gox anymore, just CT - so this would be really nice!
Unfortunately I'm not a software developer, so I don't have any coding skills at all.

legendary
Let me rephrase that.

When a crossover occurs, the way the bot currently works is that you need to hit Threshold 1 and then hit Threshold 2 in order for the bot to either Buy or Sell.

My question is, is it possible to setup the bot in such a way that it will initiate a Buy or Sell when it only hits 1 Threshold (instead of two consecutively). I realize that this is risky since it could buy or sell when there isn't a trend, I was just wondering if it was possible.

Yes, just set the first threshold really low (it also accepts negative values), so for example Buy 1=-5 and Buy 2=0 will practically buy as soon as the EMA lines cross.

Would this be true for Sells as well?

Hi Dresdenreader Smiley,
           Tralala33 has it completely right, this will initiate a buy practically as soon as the crossover occurs.

I also feel your feature request for independent setting is very reasonable. I'll talk that over with the dev team.

Please let me know if you need anything else Smiley.

Panlo.
Activity: 239
Merit: 100
Let me rephrase that.

When a crossover occurs, the way the bot currently works is that you need to hit Threshold 1 and then hit Threshold 2 in order for the bot to either Buy or Sell.

My question is, is it possible to setup the bot in such a way that it will initiate a Buy or Sell when it only hits 1 Threshold (instead of two consecutively). I realize that this is risky since it could buy or sell when there isn't a trend, I was just wondering if it was possible.

Yes, just set the first threshold really low (it also accepts negative values), so for example Buy 1=-5 and Buy 2=0 will practically buy as soon as the EMA lines cross.

Would this be true for Sells as well?
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Let me rephrase that.

Also, I'll just add this here. I sent it in email form as well.

Feature Request - Multi Configuration
  • As a user, I would like the ability to set different Trade Frequencies, Buy and Sell thresholds per exchange.

Acceptance Criteria
  • MtGox and BTC-E can both have their own unique Trading Frequency.
  • MtGox and BTC-E can both have their own unique Buy and Sell Thresholds.
  • In the Butter Bot Configuration options page I can view both the MtGox and BTC-E charts.
My last post I promise.

According to the thresholds that you setup on the bot, if you're running Hourly and you have two thresholds, the Buy or Sell will ALWAYS happen 2 hours AFTER the hour the crossover occurs?
Additionally, the bot DID eventually sell my BTC sometime after the crossover. It just didn't quite happen as soon as I would like. I know I'm getting close to the PeurtoLibre area of expecting something different out of the bot, this is just me slowly figuring it out.

17:00   89.821   91.208   91.557   -0.382% (Threshold 2 - -0.23) BOT SELLS
16:00   90.200   91.517   91.731   -0.234% (Threshold 1 - -0.17)
15:00   90.403   91.809   91.884   -0.081%

According to my Gox history, it sold here:

2013/07/20 17:00:22
Let me rephrase that.

Additionally, if I wanted to be really aggressive and and buy and sell very close to the crossover, could I do something like, Buy 1 11 Buy 2 12 and same for Sell? Or would doing this trigger on non crossovers? Sorry, I'm just trying to get a better handle on how the bot works in respect to crossover actions.
legendary
here you go: http://i.imgur.com/hk93dEY.png

If you could explain in plain detail why this didnt sell after looking at that chart, please let me know. I'm still learning = )

Ok, I can't tell from the chart so I don't know if the chart you linked me is for the same time frame but in the time frame being shown you only have one negative crossing. Negative numbers express values that could potentially trigger a sale. For a sale to happen you must have two consecutive negative values on your chart that are greater than or equal to your two sale thresholds (which are expressed as positive numbers in the setup chart).

So for a sale to happen with your settings you would need to have a number equal to or lower than -0.17 for the last column on the chart and a number lower than or equal to -0.23 showing up consecutively in the next time frame.

In the case of a buy you would need numbers greater than or equal to 0.19 and 0.25 consecutively.

The chart gives you all the EMA information, but in this case the last column in the chart gives you all the information you need to visualize this particular issue Smiley.

Keep in mind that the bot does not trade on crossovers only but on the difference between EMA lines when crossovers happen which is what the last column on the chart represents Smiley.

Please let me know if I maybe of any further help Smiley.

Pablo.
here you go: http://i.imgur.com/hk93dEY.png

If you could explain in plain detail why this didnt sell after looking at that chart, please let me know. I'm still learning = )
legendary
So, I'm wondering, why didn't the bot sell?

Here is a screenshot http://imgur.com/AyPjm93

It seems like it should have sold, am I incorrect in that assumption? For example when I saved all my changes whatever USD was in my account had bought because of the green arrow, so I'm confused as to why I didn't sell at the red arrow (even if it would ahve been at a loss)

Hi DresdenReader Smiley,

Please link me an image of your table, what you get when you press the Bot logo directly from Chrome, not in the setup interface Smiley.

That will allow me to quickly see if something is wrong but I suspect your thresholds weren't both crossed consecutively, which is what the bot needs to execute a trade.

Pablo.
So, I'm wondering, why didn't the bot sell?

Here is a screenshot http://imgur.com/AyPjm93

It seems like it should have sold, am I incorrect in that assumption? For example when I saved all my changes whatever USD was in my account had bought because of the green arrow, so I'm confused as to why I didn't sell at the red arrow (even if it would ahve been at a loss)
legendary
Awesome, thanks. I've got everything up and running with the new version.

I LOVE the fact that I can specify an amount of BTC to keep untouched. Allows me to run this in a quasi simulated mode so I can tweak my settings before putting it all on the line = )

Glad you love it!

You should also be able to specify a Fiat reserve with the full release.

Speaking of simulation, back-testing one of the features we hope will have a real impact, it will be part of the V2 life cycle so keep an eye out for it!

Pablo.
Awesome, thanks. I've got everything up and running with the new version.

I LOVE the fact that I can specify an amount of BTC to keep untouched. Allows me to run this in a quasi simulated mode so I can tweak my settings before putting it all on the line = )
Thanks a bunch! I'll let you know if I have any issues.
legendary
legendary
hey there, just letting you know that I haven't seen this yet.

Dresden,
 Im sending it manually right now, you should have it within 5 minutes. Sorry about the delay.

Smiley

Pablo.
hey there, just letting you know that I haven't seen this yet.
Hey there, I just threw in my share and grabbed your setup.

It says I'm using 0.2.7. Is this the latest? And if not, would it be possible for me to get the beta as well?

Thanks!

Hi Dresden Smiley,
    We will be sending you a copy of the Beta shortly, please let me know if you do not receive it within an hour or two.

Pablo.

Awesome thanks!

Btw, I think i've got the concept down, but I need more volatility so I can at least see this execute a few trades so I can fully understand the whole Buy 1/Buy 2 phase and Sell 1/Sell 2 phase. In general though I am seeing so much truth in volume transfer at 10/21 crossovers in bitcoing and nearly every other stock out there that its kind of like, wow, why have I never seen this before?
Jump to: