Pages:
Author

Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed) - page 16. (Read 274757 times)

Activity: 288
Merit: 250
Mm-hm, I must also say that I feel subscription fees should be what pays for continued development. If they just pay for server costs, there should be no initial purchase price. This would especially be true if the old bot would not receive any significant further updates. Maybe a small upgrade fee _could_ be justified (from a customer point of view, of course we don't know about your r&d/maintenance costs and profit margin).

Then again: it's your business, so you decide on the price and the customers decide on the resulting demand.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
I have to say I'm not overly happy about that either... A short while after I start using the bot, EMA becomes much less viable, and I have to repurchase to get different strategies...
Since we're paying renewal fees anyway, I think we should be able to renew at the same price without paying another initial bot fee. Otherwise I'm not sure the recurring fees, on top of the initial purchase fee, are really justified.
Activity: 235
Merit: 100
Well I jumped onto this bot because of the new features and trading strategies coming up  and now to hear I have to purchase again definitely sours my experience..  Will I be able to quit using one bot to use the other for the remainder of my subscription then?
Activity: 55
is it possible to reverse the normal buy/sell pattern in the bot?  I've just noticed that if it were to buy when the signals would normally be to "sell" and then sell on a normal buy signal it would normally make money!  This is utterly counter intuitive but it certainly appears to be the case.

So this is (despite appearances) a serious question! Smiley

Thanks

Miles
legendary
Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000
Hi CC Smiley,
  Alt strategies and indicators are part of a new bot not an upgrade. We we aren't sure how or if a discount plan will be implemented for existing license holders for the new bot, so it's hard to answer your question. I'm pretty sure there will be a discounted upgrade plan but I'm not exactly sure how it will work at this point.

Pablo.

Okay, understood - anyway: could I interrupt my subscription for the current bot for a while without having to repurchase it "from scratch" if market conditions improve to maybe make EMA feasible again?

Hi CC Smiley,
  Sure, no problem.

Pablo.
Hi CC Smiley,
  Alt strategies and indicators are part of a new bot not an upgrade. We we aren't sure how or if a discount plan will be implemented for existing license holders for the new bot, so it's hard to answer your question. I'm pretty sure there will be a discounted upgrade plan but I'm not exactly sure how it will work at this point.

Pablo.

Okay, understood - anyway: could I interrupt my subscription for the current bot for a while without having to repurchase it "from scratch" if market conditions improve to maybe make EMA feasible again?
legendary
I've turned the bot off at the moment - still stuck at Gox and I'm not going to let useless lossy trades ruin the profit I'll make as soon as withdrawals work again and the price instantly doubles (at least when I move to Bitstamp they will for me).

Also, I'm starting to not believe in this EMA business at all anymore since by now I'm down more than 50%, so here's a question: if I chose to not renew my license until the update with more indicators and strategies is available, would that still allow me to pay only renewal fees or would I need to repurchase the bot?

Hi CC Smiley,

Pablo.
I've turned the bot off at the moment - still stuck at Gox and I'm not going to let useless lossy trades ruin the profit I'll make as soon as withdrawals work again and the price instantly doubles (at least when I move to Bitstamp they will for me).

Also, I'm starting to not believe in this EMA business at all anymore since by now I'm down more than 50%, so here's a question: if I chose to not renew my license until the update with more indicators and strategies is available, would that still allow me to pay only renewal fees or would I need to repurchase the bot?
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003
Friends,

I know a couple of you are using VPS's to run your Butter-Bots.. Can anyone share their experience, let us know which the best ones out there are and what issues, if any, they faced during installation?

Thank you,
  Pablo.
Works fine on VMWare (ESXi 5.1).
Activity: 621
Merit: 507
Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol
Updated Starter Settings:

We are issuing the following updated "starter" settings for the current market:

We recommend the following starter settings:

Short EMA: 15    Long EMA: 31
Buy 1: 0    Buy 2: 1
Sell 1: 0    Sell 2: 1
1 hour time window.

Please also make sure to set a tick offset.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.

Pablo.

Is it the same thing for btc-e?
What do you recommend for the tick ?

Hey Smiley,
  Yes, these are starter settings for all exchanges in the current downtrend. They are designed to be more resistant to swings and require a clearer pattern to initiate a trade.

About tick offset, we don't have a recommended value because that would defeat the point, just use something other than 0 and you should be good Smiley.

I am here if you need any help.

Pablo.

It would be nice to see those recommended settings for the current market trend in the Butter-Bot options somewhere. For example, in the Engine menu. It would be even better to have a button there or something like that. So by clicking on it, we could instantly use them Wink... and have some notification in the browser like "new recommended settings are available for your Butter-Bot" Grin You could even automate the process of using the recommended settings somehow... like checking the box "Always use recommended" in the menu! That would be Great! Cheesy
legendary
Friends,

I know a couple of you are using VPS's to run your Butter-Bots.. Can anyone share their experience, let us know which the best ones out there are and what issues, if any, they faced during installation?

Thank you,
  Pablo.
Activity: 190
Merit: 100
I'd also like to see more information included in the email alerts.

ie. Balances after a buy or sell is made, & profit history of recent transactions.
legendary
Great suggestions so far, please keep them coming :=).

- MACD
- StockRSI
- KDJ
- Possibility to add more parameters to EMA, i.e. 4: EMA (2,5,15,30)

As far as I am aware MACD is in.

I haven't been updated about your other suggestions but we will include as many indicators as possible Smiley.

Pablo.
Activity: 390
Great suggestions so far, please keep them coming :=).

- MACD
- StockRSI
- KDJ
- Possibility to add more parameters to EMA, i.e. 4: EMA (2,5,15,30)
looking at the 1h graph which was generated by your new settings suggestions I noticed a possible trading strategy - looking at the places where the EMA chart changes direction.  I've just grabbed a screen shot to show what I mean.
Looking at the points where it clearly goes up or down is fairly clear to the eye (red arrows) however to avoid false calls (the yellow arrows) we'd need a threshold of some sort - either that the change has to to be by X or that the change has to hold for 1 or maybe 2 cycles (or maybe a fraction of a cycle)?  By cycle I mean the period of observation - in this case 1 hour.  I would think that most people would not want to wait 2 hours after the market has moved to make a trade so maybe when an inflection point is reached the system check every 0.5 hours for a significant change?

Now I know that this is a blindingly simple method and therefore must have been thought of (and probably disproved) by minds far more experienced and better than mine so I'm all ears...

Hey, I like it - I've been thinking if one might be able to use curve sketching on the price or the average price to identify inflection points.. but I don't really know how one would take the derivative of a changing curve in real time ^^.
My initial thoughts were to use the data point at the end of each period in comparison to the previous one or two EMA points.  Then once a possible inflection point is identified hold this and compare the end of the next period against thresholds to eliminate the minor blip or flattening line.  If it fails the threshold the inflection point is still held and then the next period is compared.  This would allow the bot to identify a gradual increase or increase after flat (\___/ ).  Now this could be a pretty slow method if using a 1 hour period however it would still be much faster than the crossing EMA lines as they don't even start to cross till several periods after the inflection point.
legendary

Good general synopsis. However, I don't advise random EMAs. Heat-mapping is a useful technique.

I saw heat maps earlier and they confirmed my feeling that there was no way to iterate to a better set of variables - how do I produce them?

Thanks

Miles

Maybe this could be a feature which you could offer?  The ability to heat maps around variables.  Obviously you'd only be able to one set of variables at a time so
* heat map the short/long having chosen a set of buy/sell thresholds
* heat map buy (or sell) thresholds having chosen the short/long  (though a simplification could be to assume that the buy and sell would have the same values leaving us to experiment with any variations between them on back testing)
* heat map tick offset (this would be a linear representation) having chosen the remaining items

These heat maps would be available for either 1 week / 1 month /2 month possibly displayed at the same time or selectable OR for the user selected timeframe.  Similarly I don't see the value in heat mapping the time interval as we can play with setting that before running the heat map.

Given you've already got the data and back testing functionality this would be a logical thing to be offering (and for a beginner it would be a brilliant tool and value add).  It would be nice to be able to dispose of the reams of paper covered by scribbles of values and results which is my current "method" of trying to find a value set that works Smiley Smiley

Regards

Miles

Miles,
  Strikes me as quite an interesting idea; I will see what we can do about this in detail.

Pablo.
legendary

1 hour time window.

Pablo.

Hey Smiley,
  Yes, these are starter settings for all exchanges in the current downtrend. They are designed to be more resistant to swings and require a clearer pattern to initiate a trade.

About tick offset, we don't have a recommended value because that would defeat the point, just use something other than 0 and you should be good Smiley.

I am here if you need any help.

Pablo.
looking at the 1h graph which was generated by your new settings suggestions I noticed a possible trading strategy - looking at the places where the EMA chart changes direction.  I've just grabbed a screen shot to show what I mean.
Looking at the points where it clearly goes up or down is fairly clear to the eye (red arrows) however to avoid false calls (the yellow arrows) we'd need a threshold of some sort - either that the change has to to be by X or that the change has to hold for 1 or maybe 2 cycles (or maybe a fraction of a cycle)?  By cycle I mean the period of observation - in this case 1 hour.  I would think that most people would not want to wait 2 hours after the market has moved to make a trade so maybe when an inflection point is reached the system check every 0.5 hours for a significant change?

Now I know that this is a blindingly simple method and therefore must have been thought of (and probably disproved) by minds far more experienced and better than mine so I'm all ears...

Hey, I like it - I've been thinking if one might be able to use curve sketching on the price or the average price to identify inflection points.. but I don't really know how one would take the derivative of a changing curve in real time ^^.
Activity: 14

1 hour time window.

Pablo.

Pages:
Jump to: