Pages:
Author

Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed) - page 2. (Read 274781 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

Yep, that's it, I think you got it as well Smiley.

It's really a UI issue we've had since we launched but so many people are used to the way is is that changing it now wouldn't make sense.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions Smiley.

Pablo.

Okidoks thank you so much. You've been a great help.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000

I think I see the issue:

You enter your settings for "sell" as positive numbers, but "sell" scenarios are expressed in the table as negative numbers (UI faux pas, I know Smiley ). Butter trades only when the market reverses itself, IE when its trending from down to up or up to down.

You will see a sell trade when your thresholds meet the negative (red values) and a buy when your "buy" thresholds meet your green values on the table.

I hope that makes sense, please let me know if it does not, I can explain further Smiley.

Pablo.

Hmmm.. I think I got it:

Buy 1: 0    Buy 2: 0.01 (green)
Sell 1: 0    Sell 2: 0.50 (means -0.50 red value in the table)?

So no need to put a minus sign in front of 0.50?

Yep, that's it, I think you got it as well Smiley.

It's really a UI issue we've had since we launched but so many people are used to the way is is that changing it now wouldn't make sense.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions Smiley.

Pablo.

I think I see the issue:

You enter your settings for "sell" as positive numbers, but "sell" scenarios are expressed in the table as negative numbers (UI faux pas, I know Smiley ). Butter trades only when the market reverses itself, IE when its trending from down to up or up to down.

You will see a sell trade when your thresholds meet the negative (red values) and a buy when your "buy" thresholds meet your green values on the table.

I hope that makes sense, please let me know if it does not, I can explain further Smiley.

Pablo.

Hmmm.. I think I got it:

Buy 1: 0    Buy 2: 0.01 (green)
Sell 1: 0    Sell 2: 0.50 (means -0.50 red value in the table)?

So no need to put a minus sign in front of 0.50?
legendary
Hi Pablo, thanks for the response.. however it still doesn't make sense. Sorry I'm a newbie and stupid lol!

Considering the below example:

Time:   Price   EMA Diff:
14:00    249     0.57%
13:00    248     0.52%
12:00    245     0.23%
11:00    241     0.15%
10:00    240     0.03%
09:00    239     -0.03%

Buy 1: 0    Buy 2: 0.01
Sell 1: 0    Sell 2: 0.50

The bot executed a BUY order at 11:00 (USD 241), this one works just fine. However, it DID NOT execute a sell order at 13:00 (USD 248) when both sell thresholds have been met.

But with the below scenario, the sell order would execute exactly the way I intended it to be. The bot sells at 12:00 (USD 245).

14:00    235     -0.25%
13:00    239     -0.17%
12:00    245     -0.15%
11:00    246     -0.05%
10:00    248      0.03%
09:00    249      0.20%

Sell 1: 0    Sell 2: -0.01

I think I see the issue:

Pablo.
Hi Pablo, thanks for the response.. however it still doesn't make sense. Sorry I'm a newbie and stupid lol!

Considering the below example:

14:00    249     0.57%
13:00    248     0.52%
12:00    245     0.23%
11:00    241     0.15%
10:00    240     0.03%
09:00    239     -0.03%

Sell 1: 0    Sell 2: 0.50

The bot executed a BUY order at 11:00 (USD 241), this one works just fine. However, it DID NOT execute a sell order at 13:00 (USD 248) when both sell thresholds have been met.

But with the below scenario, the sell order would execute exactly the way I intended it to be. The bot sells at 12:00 (USD 245).

14:00    235     -0.25%
13:00    239     -0.17%
12:00    245     -0.15%
11:00    246     -0.05%
10:00    248      0.03%
09:00    249      0.20%

Sell 1: 0    Sell 2: -0.01

legendary
Quick question on the thresholds..

I do not seem to be getting how the SELL threshold works. Does it accept a positive number? I have set my threshold as below. However, the bot doesn't execute a sell order after threshold 2 is crossed.

Sell 1: 0     Sell 2: 0.70

But if I use a negative number in Sell 2 such as below, the bot executes the order.

Sell 1: 0     Sell 2: -0.01

Many thanks in advance!

Hi Iron Smiley,
   No, all thresholds should be expressed as positive numbers. If you are using a negative number, you are actually telling your bot to trade on the inverse signal. If you use a high negative number, such as -10, you will actually make it so that threshold is always met. That is useful when you want to only trade with one threshold but not very useful when live trading when you make both thresholds negative numbers.

Does that help? Let m know if you have follow up questions Smiley.

Pablo.
Quick question on the thresholds..

I do not seem to be getting how the SELL threshold works. Does it accept a positive number? I have set my threshold as below. However, the bot doesn't execute a sell order after threshold 2 is crossed.

Sell 1: 0     Sell 2: 0.70

But if I use a negative number in Sell 2 such as below, the bot executes the order.

Sell 1: 0     Sell 2: -0.01

Many thanks in advance!
legendary
This is aside from Butter, but if anyone is interested in a good investment:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=961552.new#new

Cheesy

Pablo.
legendary
i just downloaded the demo version and i would like to know which settings do u recommend for the actual market?  Smiley

Hi CRK Smiley,
  We do not provide "best settings", but rather "starter" settings which you will find below. We are trying to make clear that Butter-Bot is not a "profit system", but rather a way to automate EMA algorithm trading. In this sense, we provide you with tools such as back testing and the ability to create fine settings, but our users are responsible for their own outcomes based on the time they invest to learn about EMA trading and the resources they bring to bear.

I hope that helps, please let me know if you need anything at all Smiley.

Pablo.

Starter Settings

We recommend the following starter for all exchanges in the current market:

Short EMA: 15    Long EMA: 31
Buy 1: 0    Buy 2: 1
Sell 1: 0    Sell 2: 1
1 hour time window.

Please also make sure to set a tick offset.

Please contact me if you have any doubts:).
crk
Activity: 184
Merit: 100
i just downloaded the demo version and i would like to know which settings do u recommend for the actual market?  Smiley
legendary
Merry Christmas!!!

Wishing our users a Merry Christmas!
legendary
Announcement: Butter-X

Dear friends,
    As most of you know, we embarked on building Butter-X about one year ago, the goal: to build a bot that supported multiple indicators and could be "programmed" by users with no programming knowledge whatsoever to allow them to build, trade with as well as sell or gift their most effective algorithms to each other. We have been running the site in Beta for a few users for the past few months.

Although X is operable, it has a very basic UI and the store interface has not been built. We diverted a significant amount of our resources to building it as our new flagship product and we had lined up Binary and Forex partners to add to the platform and fuel the exponential growth we were experiencing. We relied heavily on several avenues which promised significant venture capital and which we believed were all but done; unfortunately, when the BTC market took a turn for the worst, these failed to materialize.

We have done everything in our power to raise the funds needed to finish X and launch and market it to a wider audience, but have been unable to do so despite our best efforts. As such, the decision has been made to sideline our focus on X for the time being and to refocus on Butter-Bot.

I would like to offer each of you the opportunity to demo X however, a project into which we poured our hearts, souls and most of our resources with a view to revolutionizing retail algorithm trading not just for Bitcoin but for the broader financial market. X will be available to be demo'd at the link below for until January 7th.

Please be aware we will be able to provide very little support for the X platform and that it is a BETA therefore contains bugs and other issues, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience we may have caused our users and I would like to say we will work hard to give you the quality products you expect from us and to meet your expectations in the future.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Pablo.
legendary

We need to raise about 250k to support a dev team for the next year or so.

I'm sure you've already thought of this, but I'll ask anyway...

Would a discounted pre-sale help at all?

-N

Hey Ngin Smiley,
    It's a good idea and we are looking into how we could get some traction there, I'll have some news in a week or two.

Pablo.
Activity: 190
Merit: 100

We need to raise about 250k to support a dev team for the next year or so.

I'm sure you've already thought of this, but I'll ask anyway...

Would a discounted pre-sale help at all?

-N
legendary
I think this had been suggested before: Please consider adding China exchanges, i.e., BTC China, OKCoin or Huobi. For those who use EMA strategy, we know that a substantial cost comes from exchange fee. In view that there is no exchange fee from China exchanges, EMA strategy will be more effective.

Pablo, agree?

Yep, definitely agree. We are reorganizing some stuff right now, so it may be a bit, but I'll speak to the dev about this.

Pablo.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
I think this had been suggested before: Please consider adding China exchanges, i.e., BTC China, OKCoin or Huobi. For those who use EMA strategy, we know that a substantial cost comes from exchange fee. In view that there is no exchange fee from China exchanges, EMA strategy will be more effective.

Pablo, agree?
legendary
Just waiting for tx confirmation at bitstamp to try out the trial version you guys were so kind to provide. I will post my results and settings here after the week. Thanks for the trial version!

Whatever you need, just let me know Smiley.

Just a heads up though, you may see very little trading over a one week period, with the EMA strategy, the less trades you see the better. It is meant to be effective over several months; feel free to download more than one demo and keep your trial going if you like.

Pablo.

Thanks! I will do that.

So if I am seeing a checkmark and a graph when I click on the bot button in the upper right corner it is working properly correct?

If it works well I will definitely be a long term customer.

Thanks for the quick reply!   

Yep, check mark means you are all set Smiley.

Pablo.
Activity: 406
Just waiting for tx confirmation at bitstamp to try out the trial version you guys were so kind to provide. I will post my results and settings here after the week. Thanks for the trial version!

Just a heads up though, you may see very little trading over a one week period, with the EMA strategy, the less trades you see the better. It is meant to be effective over several months; feel free to download more than one demo and keep your trial going if you like.

Pablo.

Thanks! I will do that.

So if I am seeing a checkmark and a graph when I click on the bot button in the upper right corner it is working properly correct?

If it works well I will definitely be a long term customer.

Thanks for the quick reply!   
legendary

Pablo.
Activity: 406
Pages:
Jump to: