Pages:
Author

Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed) - page 53. (Read 274783 times)

legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003
Activity: 190
Merit: 100
Pablo,

When altcoins are released, how will the bot know how much of the single pool of fiat to spend on each pool of different coins?

Would I suddenly find myself with all altcoins & no btc one day?

Do we get to assign percentages of the fiat pool for each altcoin?

How does the bot manage that?

Hi Ngin Smiley,
   We are still working out the mechanics of altcoins, but I feel that it would make sense if each currency pair had a pool of currency allotted to it and that it would trade that way. I'm not saying that's how it's going to work, it just seems intuitive to me; thoughts?
Seems logical. Will the bot also be taking into consideration the curves associated with BTC/LTC, etc in addition to LTC/USD? Maybe sometimes it would be cheaper to buy LTC with BTC than USD, and vice versa, I don't know. Either way, I'd want to be able to set limits on how much USD &/or BTC the bot could spend on LTC.

But that amount I set would have to allow for gains due to the bot trading LTC, too.
For example if I say to the bot don't spend more than $100 USD, or 0.3 BTC, and by trading that amount it earns $165 USD, or 1.6 BTC, it should be able to trade with all that it has earned, and not be limited by my settings anymore. See what I mean? How can you do that?
legendary
Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Free World

Please prioritize ALT-COINS over Hosted trading?

Litecoin is TAKING OFF already... Sad it might be too late soon..

So know one will share their settings? Roll Eyes

People already have shared their settings here in the thread. They're not going to share them again just because you won't go back & read through the thread & find them a few pages back.
legendary
Wondering what everyone uses to backtest?  When I set the charts at bitcoincharts.com to EMA 9/20 and hourly interval over the course of the last 10 days.  I only see ONE instance where, at those values, the bot should have sold short and possibly made a slight loss.  Other then that, the only other time I see a cross over was on Nov 10th with the correction that would've made some good profits.

http://www.bitcoincharts.com/charts/bitstampUSD#rg10zigHourlyztgSza1gEMAzm1g9za2gEMAzm2g20zv

Hi Butch Smiley,
   Butter has it's own back testing engine; please feel free to download a demo and give it a try.

Don't hesitate to let me know if you need anything at all Smiley.

Pablo.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
So know one will share their settings? Roll Eyes
legendary
Pablo,

When altcoins are released, how will the bot know how much of the single pool of fiat to spend on each pool of different coins?

Hi Ngin Smiley,
   We are still working out the mechanics of altcoins, but I feel that it would make sense if each currency pair had a pool of currency allotted to it and that it would trade that way. I'm not saying that's how it's going to work, it just seems intuitive to me; thoughts?

Pablo.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003
@ Pablo

I took notice yesterday when trying to build a B-Bot simulator in excel, that your bot actually takes 3 "update cycles" to actually execute an action. I have to ask why? Shouldn't it execute (ideally) when the second update cycle takes place? Why wait until the third cycle?

I used to think two things about B-Bot which were dispelled when trying to build my own version in Excel.

A) The idea that B-bot will act immediately if you set the first pair of thresholds to 0. Not the case. It actually still uses it, and there doesn't seem to be a way to disregard the first pair of threshold values. (Not a problem, but it is something worth knowing if you are using very long update periods (i.e. 1 hour 2 hour etc..)

B) This means that even if B-Bot noticed a correction in the market at 1 hour intervals it won't actually execute anything until 3 update periods. (3 hours) At 2 hours it should take 6 hours and this is only 1 way.

So between a buy and sell order, if you have your settings at 1 hour update intervals, then B-bot has a Buy and Sell period of about 6 hours. At 2 hours it should be double that. That was kind of alarming to figure that out. It seems like a pretty long turn around period...

(1 hour, Buy threshold 1 check, YES/NO)
(1 hour, Buy threshold 2 check, YES/NO)
(1 hour, Buy Execute, YES)

(1 hour, Sell threshold 1 check, YES/NO)
(1 hour, Sell threshold 2 check, YES/NO)
(1 hour, Sell Execute, YES)

=======[Discount Code for Butter (10% off)]=========

https://butter-bot.com/?r=f5a17f5b

Use my referal code cause' im sooo cute!  Grin Cheesy

You'll get an extra month free, it's all on me!
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Heh forgot I had no reserve set.  Mt. Gox refunded me some cash from a pending withdrawal that was taking too long and BB executed a new buy with it.  Doh!

A question though, is it best to run all 3 exchanges?  Does that spread out your risk/reward potential?

Definitely. I don't use Bitstamp but I use the other 2. MTGox is the most volatile definitely.
Activity: 448
Heh forgot I had no reserve set.  Mt. Gox refunded me some cash from a pending withdrawal that was taking too long and BB executed a new buy with it.  Doh!

A question though, is it best to run all 3 exchanges?  Does that spread out your risk/reward potential?
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
In a market where the price only goes up when you sell high and buy later a little bit lower, you expose yourself to erosion.

E.g.
Buy at 100, sell at 112. Buy at 109, sell at 121, buy at 118, sell at 125 and so on > BTC erosion.
Buy at 100, sell at 112. Buy at 98, sell at 121, buy at 95, sell at 125, buy at 93 > BTC profit.

The latter is not happening, so calculating profits in BTC does not make sense, because you will only see losses.

So IMHO with this trend it's difficult to choose between buy and hold, manual day-trading or the BOT.

That can happen which is why it may be good to run several bots to hedge yourself. Additionally, frequency of trade is important. If your bot is higher frequency in a market as you described, you'll get hurt. If you adjust it so it's less frequent/sensitive, it may not be as hurt.

Case in point, I had some erosion trades last week. I monitored the market and was trying varying settings out to help fight the issue. I found some settings I like, and I run different bot instances for each exchange, allowing me to use settings unique to each. This fixed my erosion issue, and during the next sell I'll be making another decent profit.

I already suggested to Pablo that there be a way we can keep settings we like stored in the bot, maybe with a drop-down selector, to make it easier to switch between them.

Can some one share their settings? which he is using right now? Wink

There's plenty in this thread if you look throughout it. I have too many to post any one single good setting, I would suggest starting with what Pablo suggests.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Can some one share their settings? which he is using right now? Wink
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
I would love that. Its a pain in the butt to monitor the market every day for 5 different coins.
Does it work with other coins? I would love to have a bot to manage my goldcoins,litecoins and feathercoins. They fluctuate more than the wind outside.

Not yet, but it's a feature that's coming soon.
Activity: 103
Does it work with other coins? I would love to have a bot to manage my goldcoins,litecoins and feathercoins. They fluctuate more than the wind outside.
Pablo,

Has there been any discussion on the part of BTCChina re: adding LTC soon?
Activity: 462
Free World
The reason why I wanted to have LTC support is because... LTC is still pretty new and starting up.. I hope that when LTC is added in BTCCHINA.. it goes up to $25/LTC

Bitcoin on the other hand is very expensive already... LOL... I cannot afford to lose 1 or 2 bitcoins...

Smiley
Activity: 76
...and the BitcoinKid
Wondering what everyone uses to backtest?  When I set the charts at bitcoincharts.com to EMA 9/20 and hourly interval over the course of the last 10 days.  I only see ONE instance where, at those values, the bot should have sold short and possibly made a slight loss.  Other then that, the only other time I see a cross over was on Nov 10th with the correction that would've made some good profits.

http://www.bitcoincharts.com/charts/bitstampUSD#rg10zigHourlyztgSza1gEMAzm1g9za2gEMAzm2g20zv
Pages:
Jump to: