Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] CoinLenders - page 3. (Read 226433 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
August 25, 2013, 04:25:15 AM
Now you have a 0.001 fee when you withdraw to inputs.io wallet? I thought it was free.

I love how TF makes all of these great sites that use inputs.io for free transfers, then makes sure to charge some stupid fee over top of it that COMPLETELY gets rid of the advantage of using his service. I'm 1 step away from stopping to use his stupid network because of all the fees he charges when I would only be paying the TX fee using a normal client.

So there is a fee?
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
August 25, 2013, 04:00:36 AM
I recently asked TradeFortress the same thing over email, and he gave a reply, and I'm quoting:

Fee rebates need fees otherwise it's easy to attack the fee rebates.

What's that supposed to me, Tongue

Its supposed to mean, if there are not enough fees then a court/judge/lawyer may attack CoinLenders rebate model stating its obviously interest because the fees could not make up for the huge amount of interest being paid out.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
August 25, 2013, 03:56:49 AM
I recently asked TradeFortress the same thing over email, and he gave a reply, and I'm quoting:

Fee rebates need fees otherwise it's easy to attack the fee rebates.

What's that supposed to mean, Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
August 24, 2013, 11:16:28 PM
The fee isn't associated with Inputs.io its a withdrawl fee for CoinLenders... Inputs.io doesn't have anything to do with it...Never mind you're making FREE Interest and I'm sure he is just trying to offset costs so he can keep the interest rate up a bit and it also helps stop people from withdrawing as often so he doesn't have to worry about a whole bunch of small transactions being filled everyday because it would eat into peoples money more so it makes more sense to wait and withdraw bigger amounts when you want to spend the bitcoin...

I wouldn't consider it free interest, this is misleading to newcomers.

There is a risk that CoinLenders could have a bad run and lose peoples investments, then CoinLenders would either have to keep quite and prevent a bank run or deduct losses from all the accounts.

The only way I am wrong is if all the money CoinLenders is paying interest on is 100% fully insured. I am under the impression this is not the case. I am also not spreading FUD, I know TF will cover losses if it ever comes down to that but there are limits, because if TF had enough Bitcoin to cover 100% of lost funds in the worst disaster, he wouldn't need your money to lend out in the first place.

So please stop saying its free! There is risk and thats the cost.
Activity: 131
Merit: 100
old user name chris3spice
August 24, 2013, 10:38:31 PM
Now you have a 0.001 fee when you withdraw to inputs.io wallet? I thought it was free.

I love how TF makes all of these great sites that use inputs.io for free transfers, then makes sure to charge some stupid fee over top of it that COMPLETELY gets rid of the advantage of using his service. I'm 1 step away from stopping to use his stupid network because of all the fees he charges when I would only be paying the TX fee using a normal client.

The fee isn't associated with Inputs.io its a withdrawl fee for CoinLenders... Inputs.io doesn't have anything to do with it...Never mind you're making FREE Interest and I'm sure he is just trying to offset costs so he can keep the interest rate up a bit and it also helps stop people from withdrawing as often so he doesn't have to worry about a whole bunch of small transactions being filled everyday because it would eat into peoples money more so it makes more sense to wait and withdraw bigger amounts when you want to spend the bitcoin...

Basically, I'm sorry his doing a service for you and charging you for his time so you can twiddle your thumbs and earn Bitcoin and expect it back without some fee's
Activity: 839
Merit: 1004
August 24, 2013, 08:32:58 PM
I'm seriously considering I've acquired a CL CD.  Those currently time deposited and not affiliated with CL please share your thoughts (not mentioned in the previous 50 pages).  Grin

Activity: 322
August 24, 2013, 07:59:12 PM

Activity: 350
August 24, 2013, 06:04:39 PM
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
August 24, 2013, 01:37:07 AM
...and CL is back up Smiley
But still not sending confirmation emails to new signups, and no way to request a resend ...
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029
August 24, 2013, 01:08:35 AM
...and CL is back up Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007
August 24, 2013, 12:45:03 AM
Essentially it works like this:

You can speak to up to 5 people at once before your brain explodes from overload. Someone wants to "attack" you so they send out 10,000 people. Now you can't talk to even the first five because of the overload, so you freeze up and become non-responsive.

In the analogy, the server is the person speaking to people and the people are packets (being sent by visitors).

Ranlo, you are AWESOME.  Thanks!

No problem, :p.
legendary
August 24, 2013, 12:31:05 AM

You can speak to up to 5 people at once before your brain explodes from overload. Someone wants to "attack" you so they send out 10,000 people. Now you can't talk to even the first five because of the overload, so you freeze up and become non-responsive.

In the analogy, the server is the person speaking to people and the people are packets (being sent by visitors).

Ranlo, you are AWESOME.  Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007
August 24, 2013, 12:27:15 AM
UDP flood attack, > 150,000 packets/s. Host is working on migrating it, we do have DB backups and can move host if it is unresolved soon.

I still don't quite understand this--I'm very nontechnical.  But I'm glad that you know what's going on, have good back-ups, and are working to resolve the problem Smiley  I finally invested my first Bitcoin three days ago and have enjoyed watching my balance grow.  Looking forward to being able to get back to my new hobby Smiley

legendary
August 24, 2013, 12:24:21 AM
UDP flood attack, > 150,000 packets/s. Host is working on migrating it, we do have DB backups and can move host if it is unresolved soon.

I still don't quite understand this--I'm very nontechnical.  But I'm glad that you know what's going on, have good back-ups, and are working to resolve the problem Smiley  I finally invested my first Bitcoin three days ago and have enjoyed watching my balance grow.  Looking forward to being able to get back to my new hobby Smiley
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
August 23, 2013, 11:58:53 PM
Figures. Was just about to join...
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
August 23, 2013, 11:51:48 PM
Is site getting DDOSed?  It's taking forever to load, but all other sites are loading just fine.
Host is currently facing a mass UDP attack. CL was not targeted but we are affected by the downtime too - switch overloaded

What exactly is a mass UDP attack?  And is there any way of estimating when the site will be back up?
legendary
August 23, 2013, 11:45:44 PM
Is site getting DDOSed?  It's taking forever to load, but all other sites are loading just fine.
Host is currently facing a mass UDP attack. CL was not targeted but we are affected by the downtime too - switch overloaded

What exactly is a mass UDP attack?  And is there any way of estimating when the site will be back up?
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
August 23, 2013, 11:34:01 PM
Activity: 503
Merit: 500
August 23, 2013, 10:47:33 PM
Is site getting DDOSed?  It's taking forever to load, but all other sites are loading just fine.
Activity: 266
August 21, 2013, 08:57:41 AM
borrowers 160BTC, 410K BTCQUICK shares as collateral, Borrowings 5 months.Monthly interest of 3.5%   Already in the CL to apply for a loan

Pages:
Jump to: