Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] KnC Titan Nightmare - page 8. (Read 31727 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
September 20, 2014, 04:16:12 PM
I bought shares in the Neptune groupbuy. Kncminer claims that they have shipped batch 1, which means we should be mining. I have not heard anything, and am wondering if my investment is gone for good. I sent a PM to anykeywhy, but he did not respond. I'll let everyone know if I get any updates from anykeywhy, but for now I assume that he took my BTC and ran to somewhere (in Italy?).
LDR
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
September 16, 2014, 11:42:26 PM
Any thoughts to selling the Titans on ebay to recover what we can?

I agree that we should sell them as fast as possible on ebay for as close to the equivalent price we paid in fiat as we can. That way we at least have a shot at making an ROI in terms of bitcoin because the price is lower now than when we paid.

Oh and I am selling my 5 shares if anyone is interested, make me an offer.
Activity: 573
Merit: 500
September 14, 2014, 07:04:51 PM
and thoughts from any of our co-gb´ers ?

Guess this is not for os;

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8808125

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
September 13, 2014, 07:01:51 AM

it's really risky to use ebay with such hardware but, if we manage to find a professional/expert ebay-mogul at disposal and the expenses of the "operation" still make it worth of... it wouldn't be a bad idea in our opinion!
Activity: 106
September 13, 2014, 05:59:32 AM
copper member
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025
September 12, 2014, 12:22:33 AM
I'm selling 2 shares..message me if you are interested
September 11, 2014, 11:57:06 AM
TITAN GB RE-OPENED (NEW SHARES) !!!

AS OF NOW: 162/162 shares available! Check below and in OP for the details! ...don't be late!  Wink

UPDATES (11-09-2014) NEW SHARES:

KfC announced today the incoming Titan shipping (starting from the next week), you can find the original news here: https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-106

In the interest of this group buy and its success, we have to get ready to receive the miners and prepare for having them fully operational.

we need to fund the buying of the necessary PSU units and to pay for the VAT that was suspended when we paid the machines (we hoped for a better btc/$ change...).

Two addresses will be written below where to collect the bitcoins for these "operations"

The amount of the VAT is 22% so, 2 X (9995 X 22%) = 2 X 2198.9 = 4397.8 $ total

The amount for the PSUs is 260 $ each so, 4 X 260 = 1040 $ total

The PSUs should cover at least 1100W per machine (4 cubes each) and let us some room for overclocking them. We thought about 2 X corsair AX860i per each machine, such PSUs, very efficient ones, have good protections against "electrical issues" and fire hazards, a lot of PCI-E connectors and will let enough room for overclocking. We are able to find each AX860i @ 198€ or 260$ shipped, new and with guarantee.

Using a "fixed" exchange rate @ 480$/BTC, the above amount are:

4398 / 480 = 9.17 BTC

1040 / 480 = 2.17 BTC

so, in order to cover the above expenses, we are emitting 131 + 31 NEW shares @ 0.07 BTC each

VAT = 9.17 = 0.07 X 131 shares

PSUs = 2.17 = 0.07 X 31 shares

VAT SHARES address: 12jhhmdLmaP9Lrc7TMzYPzQXDjfT2h8sG2

PSUs SHARES address: 1Jhjq14BmhuofDQtvbbDfiDwmhKEHRodS2

AVAILABLE VAT SHARES   131/131

AVAILABLE PSUs SHARES   31/31

Above there's a copy of the main thread update, please, join the rest of us and do your best in order to support the GB and un-block the situation... we don't have too much time and we don't want to see vanishing the efforts we did till now...

Please help this Titan GB to go further!

Thank you & Cheers!
-akw-
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062
One coin to rule them all
September 10, 2014, 07:30:04 AM
Anybody want to pick up my shares?
Need the funds for another project.

I have 3 shares bought for a grand total of  0.21 BTC

I would sell them right here on the spot for 0.10 BTC.
I will even pay fee/tip to AKW for the transfer.

Escrow is welcome.

These shares are sold!
September 10, 2014, 07:09:47 AM
Hello Guys and sorry for the late update!   Smiley

___________________---snip---______________________

Premises:

Titans thread has just been re-opened and updated, no "bad" news so far.
Neptunes updates are being dispatched only via PM (since months), not publicly, also due to the complexity of the Neptunes situation and to legal reasons once at this point.
Please, don't mix the two classes/kinds of machines/orders/situations, also in order to avoid confusion and misunderstandings.

ANYONE who contacted us via PM got updates on a regular basis (except who wrote during our holidays).

We are suffering like you from an huge damage and we are taking huge risks too since a long time... however, we're here with a positive spirit, trying to do our best to mitigate such damage and keep in balance above other user's useless madness... it's really stressing as you can easily guess...

blame KfC, not us, for what is happening...

Thank you for reading and Cheers!
-akw-
___________________---snip---______________________

UPDATES:

Titans orders are NOT refundable, we just checked for the nth time, absolutely and unfortunately there's no hope to get a refund.

Titans orders are not transferable to other KfC users.

At this point, GaW miners discount seems simply aa aggressive marketing operation...

We expect KfC to start shipping batch1 during this month (end of Q3) and we strongly hope that they wouldn't adopt the same behavior seen during Neptunes shipping.

We have to buy the PSUs for our machines!

We have to be ready to pay the VAT that was suspended when buying, as the machines will be delivered (22%)!

This post will be updated shortly with the directions for the funds collection. (since the huge damage occurred/occurring, this time we can't anticipate the required amounts, sorry...)

Suggestions are welcome and appreciated!

Thank you for reading and for your patience!
Cheers!
-akw-
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
July 06, 2014, 10:40:35 AM
I contacted him about this and he told me that he told me he plans to answer all PM's in the next days.
Activity: 106
July 05, 2014, 10:47:36 PM
AKW - can you please re-open the Neptune thread? Share holders have a right to post messages - they've invested significant funds in this.

Also - since you are in Europe can you not take advantage of legal options to get refund? I find it quite insulting that you declare our requests for refunds as silly and too late

While we had good faith in KNC it is simply TOO LATE for neptune. It will not make any money and we have options for refund. Please act before it's too late.

http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/main-category/hardware/49594-no-more-neptunes-shipping/page2
June 30, 2014, 10:23:15 AM
GOOD NEWS!   Grin

Titan Scrypt Miner Moving forward

In the meantime, our Titan Scrypt Miner is progressing as expected and we plan to ship in Q3. We achieved tape-out of the 2284-core Titan in early June and we see no delays in the production process so far. The Titan is currently in the fab phase, going through the steps required for wafer production.

https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-95

Cheers!
-akw-
June 30, 2014, 10:23:02 AM

Limited amount of shares available back again!

*** Please contact me via PM if you're interested in a few shares available of PAID machines! ***

Thanks & Cheers!
-akw-
June 30, 2014, 03:57:20 AM

*** Please contact me via PM if you're interested in a few shares available of PAID machines! ***

Thanks & Cheers!
-akw-

AKW, can you elaborate where these extra shares comes from?

The maths:

1 TITAN  =  300 MH/s  =  20.24 BTC

20.24  /   0.07  =  290 base shares

300MH/s  /  290  =  1.03 MH/s  each share

I can see that Titan#1 and Titan#2 already has 792 shares (unless I calculated wrong).
Does this mean that our shares gets diluted?

I am also a little confused about this thread:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7581610

Can you take a few minutes to add some info and transparency, thanks Smiley

Can you e.g. state what the MHash/share we can expect for already purchased shares for titan #1.

Cheers!

Hey man, thanks 4 your interest!
The shares you're talkin' about are for 3 machines (and you're watching a totally not-updated list... sorry, it will be fixed as possible!)     Smiley

About the other thread, these are 2 of our very firsts already PAID orders that now we are offering to the "public"... could you find a better deal than this?

so, we'll get minimum 1.03 MH/s per each share if KnC doesn't upgrade our Titans but, since they stated differently, we'll have to split 400 MH/s beteeen the 290 shares for each machine... quite good, don't you think?  (We bought these machines when they were announced at 100 MH/s... pauing in full, instantly... do you remember it?  Smiley

Cheers!
-akw-

legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062
One coin to rule them all
June 29, 2014, 05:05:25 PM

Thanks & Cheers!
-akw-

AKW, can you elaborate where these extra shares comes from?

The maths:

1 TITAN  =  300 MH/s  =  20.24 BTC

20.24  /   0.07  =  290 base shares

300MH/s  /  290  =  1.03 MH/s  each share

I can see that Titan#1 and Titan#2 already has 792 shares (unless I calculated wrong).
Does this mean that our shares gets diluted?

I am also a little confused about this thread:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7581610

Can you take a few minutes to add some info and transparency, thanks Smiley

Can you e.g. state what the MHash/share we can expect for already purchased shares for titan #1.

Cheers!
June 29, 2014, 01:49:57 PM

Thanks & Cheers!
-akw-
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
June 17, 2014, 01:26:21 AM
The Titan hashrate was increased again to 400 MH/S
NO. The increasing is for Batch 2 only.

Wrong. All Titans will be ~400 MHs.

only second batch runs at 400MH/s, that is a different preorder with another price, shipped 1 month later because is an upgrade Smiley cheaper than first batch  Shocked

No, there is no upgrade, there is nothing MADE right now. Every unit will be ~400 MH/s when they MAKE THEM IN THE FUTURE. If you don't believe me ask KNCMiner.

I hope so man! We both have shares so it's good for everyone if titan reach 400Mh/s , I only know for shure that Knc guarantee a MINIMUM of 300 Mh/s so maybe 400 it's possible and they ship in Q3 so they are near to MADE....do you ask KNC directly for that information?  Smiley
Up to 400 MH/s

In this run we've been able to upgrade the Batch Two "Mini" Titan to 200 MH/s, and the "standard" Titan to 400 MH/s, while still keeping power consumption and thermal disturbance as low as possible. We've also made great strides in noise reduction and packaging, aiming for a sturdier product altogether.

It seems that no one said batch one Titan is 400Mh/s too.
I just asked the official of Kncminer.
He claimed that the first batch is 300Mh/s only.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
June 17, 2014, 12:55:17 AM

only second batch runs at 400MH/s, that is a different preorder with another price, shipped 1 month later because is an upgrade Smiley cheaper than first batch  Shocked

No, there is no upgrade, there is nothing MADE right now. Every unit will be ~400 MH/s when they MAKE THEM IN THE FUTURE. If you don't believe me ask KNCMiner.

I hope so man! We both have shares so it's good for everyone if titan reach 400Mh/s , I only know for shure that Knc guarantee a MINIMUM of 300 Mh/s so maybe 400 it's possible and they ship in Q3 so they are near to MADE....do you ask KNC directly for that information?  Smiley
Up to 400 MH/s

In this run we've been able to upgrade the Batch Two "Mini" Titan to 200 MH/s, and the "standard" Titan to 400 MH/s, while still keeping power consumption and thermal disturbance as low as possible. We've also made great strides in noise reduction and packaging, aiming for a sturdier product altogether.

It seems that no one said batch one Titan is 400Mh/s too.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
June 16, 2014, 05:51:48 PM

legendary
Activity: 1143
Merit: 1000
June 16, 2014, 08:55:07 AM

only second batch runs at 400MH/s, that is a different preorder with another price, shipped 1 month later because is an upgrade Smiley cheaper than first batch  Shocked

Pages:
Jump to: