Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] MaxBTC.com Pool - Closed Indefinitely Aug 3rd 2013 - page 7. (Read 27447 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Tried to do a payout and I get an error "failed to queue payout".
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
Don't know about unlucky... Falling off the web for 2 days because the domain expired has more to do with it.

Same for bonuspool. Taking the server offline for hours to fark with it isn't good for business either.

Correct, but in my case I could leave it online and waste peoples hardware or take it offline and work on it while miners went to backup. I definitely think my approach was the lessor of the 2 evils. It worked out best this way and my pool is prring along great now Smiley
Activity: 658
Don't know about unlucky... Falling off the web for 2 days because the domain expired has more to do with it.

Same for bonuspool. Taking the server offline for hours to fark with it isn't good for business either.
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
Where is everyone going? I have noticed the number of miners have dropped off recently. I really like the design and functionality of this pool.

Thats what people do when things turn unlucky, being unlucky and losing more than half your hashrate tends to make things even worse short term.
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
Where is everyone going? I have noticed the number of miners have dropped off recently. I really like the design and functionality of this pool.
Activity: 56
Yea, mine is working as well. I will try to move my rigs here step by step. Smiley
vip
Activity: 302
Merit: 253
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000
The website is still not working for me, it worked before, but not anymore.
vip
I just tried refreshing the DNS settings at Rackspace.  Please give it a shot now and let me know if it's working.
vip
I am having issues aswell. The website works, but the pool.maxbtc.com address won't resolve.

Edit: Just made a static record in my DNS forwarder and pointed it to 50.57.5.119 for the time beeing.

It could take up to 24 hours for negative DNS caching to clear.
Activity: 109
I am having issues aswell. The website works, but the pool.maxbtc.com address won't resolve.

Edit: Just made a static record in my DNS forwarder and pointed it to 50.57.5.119 for the time beeing.
vip
down for me as well.

try clearing your browser cache and cookies.  try a ctrl+f5 to force refresh
down for me as well.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Still down for me too...
vip
Getting domain name expired.  Sad

Thanks for reporting that.  The domain should be back up.  If it's not, clear your cache.  Apparently, GoDaddy waits until your domain is expired to attempt to renew, and if there is any problem at all in billing you, you're shut down.  Might be nice if they renewed a day or so before you expired so if there were any problems you'd have time to correct them.  Anyway, I needed a reminder to move after the SOPA crap so we'll be off GoDaddy soon.  I apologize for the inconvenience.
zvs
legendary
Activity: 1680
https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com
donator
Activity: 362
Merit: 250
Same here, Go Daddy placeholder...   Undecided
Activity: 546
Getting domain name expired.  Sad
vip
High o and low c does not result in low r. Even in the limiting case o=1, c=0 (which is exponential PPLNS) you can have r whatever you want. r is determined by the ratio between how close c is to 0 and how close o is to 1.

Ahh yes.  I'm more used to dealing with log(r) and log(o) than fiddling with the other parameters.
Pages:
Jump to: