Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] MaxBTC.com Pool - Closed Indefinitely Aug 3rd 2013 - page 11. (Read 27447 times)

Activity: 230
Merit: 100
seems to be back up now Smiley
did the server just go down? I can't connect to pool.maxbtc.com on either ports 8332 or 80. The pool's hashrate just went down to 0 as well with 0 miners Shocked
Can you add an option to manually create the password for the worker? It shouldn't be a security issue as long as it's a different pw from others. This way I don't have to change the set up of my rigs too much.

Thanks
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
I'm getting about 0.12% right now, been rock solid for me.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
What kind of reject rates are you guys typically getting here?

Edit:
Lifetime:
GetWorks                       38639
Shares                       39877
Stales                       49
Invalids                       0
Accepted Shares %       103.20
BTC Stale/Invalid               0.12
NMC Stale/Invalid               0.13
Stale/Duplicate/Invalid %   0.13
Activity: 546
I'm thinking about possibly trying this pool out with my 32 gh/s farm. What kind of reject rates are you guys typically getting here? Does this pool ever have any downtime?

I've been mining since the beta and had almost zero downtime.  Very solid.

Across all of my rigs with roughly 80Gh/s running through the pool I have 0.27% invalids.  I'm pretty happy with that Wink
Activity: 174
I'm thinking about possibly trying this pool out with my 32 gh/s farm. What kind of reject rates are you guys typically getting here? Does this pool ever have any downtime?
This Namecoin luck is just great!
vip
Activity: 302
Merit: 253
This pool is NUTS.  I'm not sure exactly how the mechanics work for payouts, I'm getting a good 15% more at this pool than any other pool I've tried (MtRed, DeepBit, EclipseMC).

That's cause the pool is lucky at the moment.

Yeah, we have had a streak of good luck the past few days.  Over time EMC's 0 fee DGM and MtRed's 0 fee PPS should pay out about the same as MaxBTC.  I'm not sure what method options/fees Deepbit is offering these days.
This pool is NUTS.  I'm not sure exactly how the mechanics work for payouts, I'm getting a good 15% more at this pool than any other pool I've tried (MtRed, DeepBit, EclipseMC).

That's cause the pool is lucky at the moment.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Seal Cub Clubbing Club
This pool is NUTS.  I'm not sure exactly how the mechanics work for payouts, I'm getting a good 15% more at this pool than any other pool I've tried (MtRed, DeepBit, EclipseMC).
zvs
legendary
Activity: 1680
https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com
Can you add a way to automatically turn nmc into btc balance like in eclipsemc?

Yeah, it's on the list of things to do but I don't think you're missing out on a whole lot.  5gh should produce about $1 worth of NMC per month.
in the last week i've received 45NMC.  about 18hrs total downtime in there, some other periods where i was using a computer, so my guess would be it's ~4gh for that week..  anyway, i'm sure you could calculate out the exact amt you could expect to get over x time with x hashing power, but

those 45NMC sold for .40 bitcoins on btc-e (yeah, i was surprised when i checked the price too, it was close to .01 for a while)...    that's about $2 in a week
vip

Yeah, it's on the list of things to do but I don't think you're missing out on a whole lot.  5gh should produce about $1 worth of NMC per month.
vip
Why does the hashrate of your pool vary so much? Does that mean it's getting hopped?

Yes, and that's not a bad thing.

I guess that's one way to look at it. To me a bonus implies that every share I mine during the bonus period gives me on average 101.25% PPS.
it also makes implementation easier since no rescaling would be required whenever they decide to change their donation %.
You can parametrize the calculation in a way that will not require an explicit rescaling when changing the average fee to do what I described.

True.  We may consider that but we're not sure if people are ready to accept that type of donation method.  Basic DGM is already confusing for many people.
zvs
legendary
Activity: 1680
https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com
Why does the hashrate of your pool vary so much? Does that mean it's getting hopped?
It hasn't varied much recently.  I guess it used to get hopped to on occasion because of the bonus?
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054
I guess that's one way to look at it. To me a bonus implies that every share I mine during the bonus period gives me on average 101.25% PPS.
it also makes implementation easier since no rescaling would be required whenever they decide to change their donation %.
You can parametrize the calculation in a way that will not require an explicit rescaling when changing the average fee to do what I described.
Activity: 1162
vip

To be honest, we never considered that definition.  It's similar to how we do donations; the amount they want to donate is a % of what their income is for that round, not what their mined shares would produce for that round over its lifetime.  it's a lot easier for people to understand, calculate, and predict than it is to have the donations spread out over multiple rounds.  it also makes implementation easier since no rescaling would be required whenever they decide to change their donation %.
Why does the topic still say: "[459 GH] MaxBTC.com Pool ..."? We are below 100 GH now!

"Shhhhhh"
Pages:
Jump to: