Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] MaxBTC.com Pool - Closed Indefinitely Aug 3rd 2013 - page 9. (Read 27368 times)

Activity: 80
Merit: 10
Thanks, I ended up doing something really ridiculous I'll probably never remember but I wanted to try out the pool ha. I see I joined when we're nearly taken 2 days to finish a block, not sure if that's standard here or just bad luck but I'll try it out, thanks for having this great pool with such an awesome interface.
vip
Activity: 302
Merit: 253
So what determines something being common? Or is that something internal that you don't know the specifics of?

It's based on analysis done by others using leaked passwords on social sites.

The common words database used contains:

- Lists of top 20-100 words used in cracked passwords from various sources
- Top common names according to certain sites
- Dictionary words used by password crackers

Common names are on the list because the analysis showed many cracked passwords contained common names.

The list is English-centric so common international words will probably sneak by.

If you absolutely must have a certain word in the password and it's complaining about it being common, you can increase the length of the password until it gets accepted.  For example, if the password "common123" was rejected, you could try "common12345678" instead.  Also, it's not only common words but common names as well.

So what determines something being common? Or is that something internal that you don't know the specifics of?
vip
Well I highly doubt what I had is any sort of common word and it wasn't part of my username. I mean part of it was a name, and doing a quick wolfram alpha search, is not common at all. I'll play around with it and see if I can get anything to work.

If you absolutely must have a certain word in the password and it's complaining about it being common, you can increase the length of the password until it gets accepted.  For example, if the password "common123" was rejected, you could try "common12345678" instead.  Also, it's not only common words but common names as well.

It'll let you know what the problem is.  In your case, the password you chose was considered weak because it contains some words it considers too common.  Passwords must have at least a letter and non-letter (number or special character), can be from 8 to 128 characters, can't contain your username, and must pass the common words check unless it is sufficiently long.

Well I highly doubt what I had is any sort of common word and it wasn't part of my username. I mean part of it was a name, and doing a quick wolfram alpha search, is not common at all. I'll play around with it and see if I can get anything to work.
vip
I'm confused on how to even make an account. Everytime I try to set it up I get '

"Password contains common text"

But I don't see anywhere where there are rules on the password other than length and I've tried just letters, letters and numbers, and letters with numbers and special characters soooo...

It'll let you know what the problem is.  In your case, the password you chose was considered weak because it contains some words it considers too common.  Passwords must have at least a letter and non-letter (number or special character), can be from 8 to 128 characters, can't contain your username, and must pass the common words check unless it is sufficiently long.
I'm confused on how to even make an account. Everytime I try to set it up I get '

"Password contains common text"

But I don't see anywhere where there are rules on the password other than length and I've tried just letters, letters and numbers, and letters with numbers and special characters soooo...
vip
I think it's fixed now.  It was an issue with IE8.
vip
shows no error i click save and nothing shows up in the list and when i try and connect to that worker with my miner i get an auth error

Can you PM me the worker name you're trying to add, browser you're using, and whether javascript is enabled?
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
shows no error i click save and nothing shows up in the list and when i try and connect to that worker with my miner i get an auth error
vip
Umm just thought you should know that the site is not allowing me to create a worker on my account

What error is it showing when you try to add it?  Have you tried a different worker name?  Perhaps it doesn't like some of the characters in the name.
Activity: 126
Umm just thought you should know that the site is not allowing me to create a worker on my account
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Seal Cub Clubbing Club
I think the higher variance lately is a product of the lower hashrate since the big hopper left.  Luck had been just about even until the last block and we've had merged mining going for several weeks now.  Did Mt. Red's bad "luck" begin right when they turned merged mining on?

I wasn't around when they enabled MM, but here's more info about it: http://www.reddit.com/r/mtred/comments/ry3ow/merged_mining_is_temporarily_disabled_info_inside/
vip
Yeesh, it's almost as if this pool is suffering from the same curse that MtRed suffered through a couple weeks ago.  It was plagued by a string of really bad "luck" that turned out to be the result of merged mining.  They disabled it and variance got back to normal. 

I think the higher variance lately is a product of the lower hashrate since the big hopper left.  Luck had been just about even until the last block and we've had merged mining going for several weeks now.  Did Mt. Red's bad "luck" begin right when they turned merged mining on?

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Seal Cub Clubbing Club
Yeesh, it's almost as if this pool is suffering from the same curse that MtRed suffered through a couple weeks ago.  It was plagued by a string of really bad "luck" that turned out to be the result of merged mining.  They disabled it and variance got back to normal. 
vip
thanks for the info. That devpage needs a username and password though?

whoops.  fixed the link.  just click on statistics > block statistics from the homepage to get there.
Activity: 230
thanks for the info. That devpage needs a username and password though?
vip
How many shares have you guys mined on this pool total so far? What's the total pay you guys received so far for those shares?

You could figure it out if you wanted to go through the stats for each summary page: https://maxbtc.com/statistics/block?coin=0

For BTC:

Work Count117
Invalids3
Average Difficulty1,547,152
Average Shares1,501,689
Total Shares175,697,613
Total Block Amount5,704.42345396
Total Rewarded5,832.56766768
Total Donated30.57293529
PPS0.0000333706
PPS @ 50 BTC / Block0.0000324421

These numbers are slightly off from the totals shown on the page because they're more precise.
Activity: 230
How many shares have you guys mined on this pool total so far? What's the total pay you guys received so far for those shares?
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
We have had some seriously great and seriously painful blocks on this pool.  If only there was a way to screen out these big blocks. :p
Pages:
Jump to: