Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] MaxBTC.com Pool - Closed Indefinitely Aug 3rd 2013 - page 8. (Read 27368 times)

donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054
The lower the dropoff, the longer it will take to get your rewards to fully mature and you'll need to mine for a longer time period to reach equilibrium.
I wouldn't say that. In the language of the triangle, lowering the dropoff moves you away from the black line and into the blue line; while the black line is characterized by low maturity time, it can still be arbitrarily decreased on the blue line.

The main advantage of using aggressive parameters (high dynamic fee, low leakage) is decreasing the variance of small pools.

Thanks for the correction and link.  I haven't seen that and it should help people understand how the different variables come into play.

I was thinking along the lines of sites with extremely high o and extremely low c (resulting in a low r/high maturity time) to explain the low variance the poster was seeing.
High o and low c does not result in low r. Even in the limiting case o=1, c=0 (which is exponential PPLNS) you can have r whatever you want. r is determined by the ratio between how close c is to 0 and how close o is to 1.
vip
Activity: 302
Merit: 253
Added two-factor authentication to the site.  Yubikey and Google Authenticator (HOTP and TOTP) are supported.  You can set it up under Account > Password & Security.

Unfortunately, no fix yet for the rotten luck we're having.
vip
The lower the dropoff, the longer it will take to get your rewards to fully mature and you'll need to mine for a longer time period to reach equilibrium.
I wouldn't say that. In the language of the triangle, lowering the dropoff moves you away from the black line and into the blue line; while the black line is characterized by low maturity time, it can still be arbitrarily decreased on the blue line.

The main advantage of using aggressive parameters (high dynamic fee, low leakage) is decreasing the variance of small pools.

Thanks for the correction and link.  I haven't seen that and it should help people understand how the different variables come into play.

I was thinking along the lines of sites with extremely high o and extremely low c (resulting in a low r/high maturity time) to explain the low variance the poster was seeing.
vip
One problem though, it looks that the idle miner notifications aren't working. I have enabled them for three workers, donated 1.25% and enabled underperforming miners notification in my account.

Thanks for joining.

It looks like you've set it up properly except for the test worker.  Was that the one you were testing the idle miners notification with?
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

Activity: 109
Merit: 10
Hi there. Just wanted to say that I moved my systems (1GH) to MaxBTC because of the nice site (GUI / Stats are awesome).

One problem though, it looks that the idle miner notifications aren't working. I have enabled them for three workers, donated 1.25% and enabled underperforming miners notification in my account.
vip
Hi everyone,

I am a newbie, but I am in, seems this is a friendly group. Is there any other way to find you guys beside bitcointalk?

Xin,

You can also find us at Ogrr: https://ogrr.com/forum.php?f=26
Activity: 56
Hi everyone,

I am a newbie, but I am in, seems this is a friendly group. Is there any other way to find you guys beside bitcointalk?

Xin,
vip
There's a DDoS in progress.  The network provider won't allow any new connections to the site but those that use miners that use keep-alive connections are still able to mine until the connection closes.

You don't happen to be on Rackspace do you? A bunch of our services went down for a few minutes until they nulled the offending IP.
yeah, i was checking that too.  it's rackspace,

Yup, rackspace.. though my other business has a few servers with them as well (separate account) and those were fine.
zvs
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000
https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com
There's a DDoS in progress.  The network provider won't allow any new connections to the site but those that use miners that use keep-alive connections are still able to mine until the connection closes.

You don't happen to be on Rackspace do you? A bunch of our services went down for a few minutes until they nulled the offending IP.
yeah, i was checking that too.  it's rackspace,
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
There's a DDoS in progress.  The network provider won't allow any new connections to the site but those that use miners that use keep-alive connections are still able to mine until the connection closes.

vip
Activity: 230
Merit: 100
It was removed and had to be re-implemented.
You should be able to change your passcode now.

Awesome! Thank you for adding this back in  Smiley
vip
So when will this be re-enabled? It sounds like you already have the code in-place to do this.

It was removed and had to be re-implemented.

You should be able to change your passcode now.
vip
Now that there's been a few blocks I have a question. Why does your estimated btc immediately drop after a block is solved and rewards are given out even if I've been continuously mining? I haven't experienced that at any other DGM pools.

That's how DGM works.  Every time a payout is made, you lose some of your score/reward for the next estimated payout.  I'm not sure if there are any sites that show a graph of your historical estimated rewards or update the estimates as frequently as we do (approximately every minute) so you wouldn't notice it at other pools unless you kept track of it manually.

The amount of dropoff depends on the dynamic fee and cross-round leakage.  If you've been using Eclipse, I believe the leakage is 0.99, which will have little dropoff every time you get paid.  The lower the dropoff, the longer it will take to get your rewards to fully mature and you'll need to mine for a longer time period to reach equilibrium.

Meni uses the analogy of a capacitor:

In the capacitor analogy, every miner has a capacitor which is charged as he submits shares, and its charge level affects how much he gets per future block found.

If you read the method's description you'll see that finding a block has two effects:
1. Giving out rewards to miners who currently have a score
2. Decrease the score of miners who currently have a score
It has no effect whatsoever on future miners (or on the rewards of current miners for shares they will submit in the future - only those that they submitted in the past).
Activity: 230
Merit: 100

We originally allowed this per worker but it was changed to a single generated password for all workers to prevent people from choosing weak passwords that can reveal their main password.  Also, unlike most pools, abuses on your worker accounts can cause the account to be temporarily banned from mining.

It looks like there are many people that want to be able to set their own passwords so we'll put a it back on the list of things to do.

So when will this be re-enabled? It sounds like you already have the code in-place to do this.
Activity: 80
Now that there's been a few blocks I have a question. Why does your estimated btc immediately drop after a block is solved and rewards are given out even if I've been continuously mining? I haven't experienced that at any other DGM pools.
Activity: 80
Ugh, about to break 40 hours again on another 5M+ share round... what a bad run of luck.    Undecided

At least it's over now, yay!
donator
Activity: 362
Merit: 250
Ugh, about to break 40 hours again on another 5M+ share round... what a bad run of luck.    Undecided
vip
Thanks, I ended up doing something really ridiculous I'll probably never remember but I wanted to try out the pool ha. I see I joined when we're nearly taken 2 days to finish a block, not sure if that's standard here or just bad luck but I'll try it out, thanks for having this great pool with such an awesome interface.

Thanks for signing up Smiley  Luck is pretty bad on this round.  We're currently at 5m+ shares and the average should be about 1.5m.

Some tools for managing really ridiculous passwords:
http://xkcd.com/936/
http://keepass.info/
http://www.keepassx.org/
Pages:
Jump to: