Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] Prisma 1.4Th/s group buy @ 1.42 btc with coupon - page 7. (Read 21162 times)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0
It is my understanding that there are 4 separate boards each with 2 PCI/E connector.  Would you be able to use 2 PSU for the miner as long as each PSU is on 2 boards?  Not using 2 PSU for 1 board?

I asked this in another thread.

I was told that as long as you don't plug two separate PSUs into one board you are fine. Here is what I am going to do for two of mine.

I have several of the HP 850W PSUs and adapter boards. If I had 220v they would be 1000w. That's a later upgrade. Each PSU has 4 PCIe connectors.

The Prisma has 4 boards with 2 PCIe connectors on each board. According to the posts, each board can run on 1 power connection. I am however going to hook 2 up to each board. This has the advantage of splitting the load on the wire. Mathematically this will cause the wires to heat less, as the Amp load vs wire resistance will be less.

Note, be careful with PSUs that use one cable to feed multiple PCIe connecters. If you can't see individual wires all the way from the PSU their May be junction somewhere. Junctions, depending on how well they are made can heat to dangerous levels.

So what I will end up with is a Prisma split into two power sections. I should end up with about 125w of headroom per PSU.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Kinex - The New Frontier
Shipping labels sent ...
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
It is my understanding that there are 4 separate boards each with 2 PCI/E connector.  Would you be able to use 2 PSU for the miner as long as each PSU is on 2 boards?  Not using 2 PSU for 1 board?
legendary
Activity: 896
I can see from the payment address that there are ~33 orders.  You said that 20 have been/are being sent out.

When will the other ~13 arrive in the the USA?
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
shot my label over just now  Grin
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
The majority of prismas I ordered have arrived.  Smiley

Any extra or  are all on hand are accounted for?
donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
The majority of prismas I ordered have arrived.  Smiley
donator
For your labels:

Box dimensions: 18x11x11

Weight: 16.5 lbs.

20 units are going out to the first 20 orders according to blockchain payments.  I've PMed the first 20.

When creating a label, check if price is the same for 16 lbs and 15 oz vs. 16.5 (.5 is 8 oz).
I suspect it's the same and recommend, in such a case, to specify 16lbs 15 oz to give yourselves plenty of spare room.
donator
I'll wait and see what people think about these once they ship.  I dont want to have to run a stratum or whatever to get them to mine on most of the pools.  But if these work out right i'll prob pick up a couple.
Not an issue using their USB interface.  In my group, I don't even bother with the BE controller.
Use cgminer, run whatever pool confit you want.
donator
2. Have ordered an A20, so wondering if you are working on an image for it? If no one starts this before I can get to it, I may start trying to port MinePeon to the device.

That would be great! I've already asked in the official Prisma and MinePeon threads about it, but no response (yet).
you can install your choice of OS image on the cubie and then install the cgminer on it...
I think cubie has a website with all kinds of software packages: http://cubieboard.org/download/

hope canary compile cgminer for this prisma using a10 or a20 cubie board

Hi Everyone,

Been awhile.

Glad to see this latest development of the Prisma!

Could someone help me put together the most economical, reliable
easy to setup and use controller that will work with multiple Prismas.

Any help would be most appreciated.
 Smiley Smiley Smiley

MM

Old, no longer used laptop should work.  Prismas now have that USB interface and you can run cgminer.  No need for that BE controller.  Much simpler now

Edit: if you have a Pi you could also try that although I doubt you can run many prisma's successfuly on 1 Pi. (Cpu and USB bus issues)
Activity: 854
ROI is like 300 days.

If power is free
Activity: 756
I'll wait and see what people think about these once they ship.  I dont want to have to run a stratum or whatever to get them to mine on most of the pools.  But if these work out right i'll prob pick up a couple.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020
★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★
2. Have ordered an A20, so wondering if you are working on an image for it? If no one starts this before I can get to it, I may start trying to port MinePeon to the device.

That would be great! I've already asked in the official Prisma and MinePeon threads about it, but no response (yet).
you can install your choice of OS image on the cubie and then install the cgminer on it...
I think cubie has a website with all kinds of software packages: http://cubieboard.org/download/

hope canary compile cgminer for this prisma using a10 or a20 cubie board

Hi Everyone,

Been awhile.

Glad to see this latest development of the Prisma!

Could someone help me put together the most economical, reliable
easy to setup and use controller that will work with multiple Prismas.

Any help would be most appreciated.
 Smiley Smiley Smiley

MM
Activity: 316
Merit: 250
I now have tracking information for batch 1. I will update once I see movement.

Do this group buy have info for batch 1 as well? (I'm not part of any group buys)
donator
While we await the Prismas, if anyone is looking to add hash power now: I just got 4 Tubes.  If interested, PM me.  They are in hand, ready to ship.  Do not fall for scammer PMs.
edit: only 2 Tubes remain
Activity: 261
Merit: 250
Not to threadjack, but anyone in need of power for these, I'll give 10% discount on any of our power products (including kits) to Canary GB people through the end of the month.
D750 (750W rated, 800W capable) and DPS-2000BB (2000W rated, 2400W capable) boards and PSUs and any cables (18" or 36" available). Orders paid by 3PM CST should ship the same day.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8961301

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/for-sale-d750-750w-server-psu-breakout-boards-503423

In case some of you did not know, Sidehack made a trip to pickup Tubes he is hosting (from prior Tube group); that's my kind of dedication Smiley
His stuff is quality made in USA.  I personally use his breakout boards too.

Klondike_bar has PCI-E connectors for about half the cost of Sidehacks, other people sell breakout boards for less.
donator
Not to threadjack, but anyone in need of power for these, I'll give 10% discount on any of our power products (including kits) to Canary GB people through the end of the month.
D750 (750W rated, 800W capable) and DPS-2000BB (2000W rated, 2400W capable) boards and PSUs and any cables (18" or 36" available). Orders paid by 3PM CST should ship the same day.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/for-sale-d750-750w-server-psu-breakout-boards-503423

In case some of you did not know, Sidehack made a trip to pickup Tubes he is hosting (from prior Tube group); that's my kind of dedication Smiley
His stuff is quality made in USA.  I personally use his breakout boards too.
legendary
Activity: 1120
I have ordered 10 prismas a while ago and I still have no tracking number
Do you guys got a tracking number ?
Thank you !
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy

donator
Any update? I was waiting till you get them in to send the label so we know the actual weight. In your OP you say a 7-8lb label but it also says that each full unit weighs 7.5kg (~16lbs).
Just waiting on a shipping update... Reached out today again.
Pages:
Jump to: