Pages:
Author

Topic: [ CLOSED ] VX-1 Miner Group Buy - Free 1 TH/s Miner Giveaway - page 10. (Read 11954 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Here is my analysis:

At this rate, delivery by April 1st is the cutoff point on profitability or not, assuming 1 TH and average diff increase of 25% and steady BTC price.

Factor any risks on top of this to judge the investment potential.

I could not agree with you more. I spoke at great length with these guys about this as that was one of my major concerns. They were very confident that they would make shipping by the week of March 10th. They said that the company making their PCB's and stuff have already run the boards and all they are waiting on is the Bitfury chips. From the way i understand it, the only thing that will make them miss their deadline is if Bitfury chips ship later than anticipated which given their track record i dont think will be a problem. But dont quote me on that, its just my opinion.
Activity: 150
Here is my analysis:

At this rate, delivery by April 1st is the cutoff point on profitability or not, assuming 1 TH and average diff increase of 25% and steady BTC price.

Factor any risks on top of this to judge the investment potential.

Activity: 126
This thread is to gauge interest in a group buy for the VX Miners VX-1 Miner. I WILL NOT BE COLLECTING ANY FUNDS until i see if we can fill all 50 slots in the group buy, at which time i will make an announcement that all 50 slots were filled and payment will be due within 72 hours.

The miner specs can be found here: http://www.vxminers.com & shipping is still estimated for early to mid March (its contingent on when the bitfury chips ship if i understand correctly)

I am not the one making the units, i am just the one who tried to negotiate the best deal i could for the forum, as you read you will quickly learn i am not the worlds best negotiator.

The price of the unitis $2,550usd ( told you i am not a good negotiator )

But.................... I did manage to get us free shipping if we can take 50 units, and 1 free miner for every 50 sold, in which i will use an online service that the buyers agree on to randomly select the person who wins it. I will exclude myself from the drawing to make it fair.

I have spent about a week talking with Larry from VX miners and will be getting us some fresh pictures for this thread hopefully tomorrow. I also did speak with Nwools (Nate) to confirm that the two guys from VX Miners have been in touch with him and he did confirm that it will have native support for MultiMiner and that he will be getting 1 unit himself from them to ensure continued support with MultiMiner.

There are only about 200 units in total available, i dont want to get into the story so just read their blog.

The fine print:

A: I will be taking 2 units myself, i can do up to 5 units if it makes a difference on this group buy going through or not.

B: Larry the guy making these made it clear that they did not want to deal with any forums due to the nature of the mentality of the people who dwell in them, so please if you insist on being your usual selves, keep the trolling, accusations and all that other nonsense directed at me not them.

C: I am newer to this forum, and have never done a group buy before, If you have someone in mind that you guys would feel more comfortable with to run this, please let them and me know. I have no problem handing over the group buy to someone else the community has more trust for as long as they are still willing to raffle off the free machine to the people who bought one.

D: if you have any specific questions about anything please let me know, at current i dont know more than you guys do from looking at their website, they have not officially started advertising their website yet so i can usually get an e-mail reply from them within 24hrs to any questions. I would rather have all Q & A done publicly in this thread so the guys that are making these dont get 10,000 emails with the same questions in them.

E: They are not making a million machines, their total production capabilities are only 200 machines, if they sell over 150 of them when they launch their website ( next week once they get more pictures and video is what i was told) i will have to cancel the group buy if we did not hit 50 as it just does not seem worth it without the free shipping and someone winning a free machine.

F: Please direct any questions about the MultiMiner compatibility towards Nwools ( https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/multiminer-any-miner-any-where-on-any-device-free-open-source-cross-platform-248173 ) as he is the one who was working with these guys on its integration and support.

G: I ( or whoever finishes out the group buy) reserve the right to cancel this group buy at any time until we reach 50 units and funds are collected at which time all orders are committed and final. If you order a unit direct through their website you are not part of this group buy and will not be entered to win the free machine.

H: For international customers, i did ask the guys and they said that they bought a roll of UL and CE stickers to put on the machines somewhere for you if your country is a stickler about that stuff in customs. That does not mean they were inspected, its just a sticker and sometimes customs requires it. If you are an international customer please let me know so i can let them know when i send them the spreadsheet with all the shipping info.

If anyone wants to help me get and keep this organized until we hit 50 units please let me know, just being honest i know nothing about running a group buy more so than i needed to start a thread in this sub-category.

-

Qty Left: 21

Name:                    Qty:  Paid

twib2                       1      NO
The Observer            2      NO
Anon                       1      NO
iGlasses                   1      NO
ryaner84                  1      NO
highwave                 1      NO
Jeffrey                     1     NO
Maxximus007            2      NO
peterepeat               1      NO
MWNinja                  10    NO
TerraHasher              4     NO
Anon                       4     YES

Total Reserved: 29

Group buy has been closed due to over abundance of trolls. Thank you all who were interested but the guys making the machines said no more from the forum.
Pages:
Jump to: