Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] Watch the thread for finaly payout info "Project #2" - page 13. (Read 47892 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
project #2 is working fine with gpumax as a private pool right now...

So he is not penalising for this "hopping" behaviour then ?

I swear that project #2 used to be banned on GPU MAX last time ...

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000
project #2 is working fine with gpumax as a private pool right now...
I thought GPUMAX banned Goat's pool because it was some sort of endless loop or lagging ?

How are you guys putting Goat as the private pool then ?

Maybe Goat is actually running through GPUMAX and getting a 4% cut for himself ( no evidence, just speculation ) ?

Thanks !
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
Why do you have such a hard time understanding that GPUMAX can't help this project much?  SMART miners are mining @ gpumax and setting this project as the private pool.  If all the hashing power comes into this project when GPUMAX isn't accepting public work, what do you think happens?  Even if this project's miners mine 100% of the time (which isn't gonna happen), GPUMAX is only running ~50% public work right now.

You should read more carefully. Goat is not paying 116% if you dont mine here 100% of the time. Anyone "hopping" between this pool and gpumax will only get 100% from goat (which makes complete sense, mind you). 

GPUmax is also closer to 40% public work atm, but the math isnt very hard.  0.4 x 150% PPS + 0.6 x 100% PPS = 120% PPS without any hopping at all. So how does one get below 116% for full time miners?

He's paying everyone 116% right now, regardless of your mining "style".  In his last project, and I assume this one, he stated CLEARLY that he didn't mind the hopping between GPUMAX and him.  The point is he can not just feed work to GPUMAX since:

1.) There isn't enough public work available
2.) When there IS public work available, we are sending hashes to GPUMAX and not this pool

So once GPUMAX normalizes and gets back to periods of 100% public and 100% private work, goat won't be able to use GPUMAX much.  We will all be using him when the GPUMAX work is all private.
Why do you have such a hard time understanding that GPUMAX can't help this project much?  SMART miners are mining @ gpumax and setting this project as the private pool.  If all the hashing power comes into this project when GPUMAX isn't accepting public work, what do you think happens?  Even if this project's miners mine 100% of the time (which isn't gonna happen), GPUMAX is only running ~50% public work right now.

You should read more carefully. Goat is not paying 116% if you dont mine here 100% of the time. Anyone "hopping" between this pool and gpumax will only get 100% from goat (which makes complete sense, mind you). 

GPUmax is also closer to 40% public work atm, but the math isnt very hard.  0.4 x 150% PPS + 0.6 x 100% PPS = 120% PPS without any hopping at all. So how does one get below 116% for full time miners?
legendary
vip
Activity: 1358
AKA: gigavps
35% not 50% - been that way for almost a week now...

True.  Either way I bet 50% plus of the folks in this project will only use as the private pool for GPUMAX - which means he can't be sending the power to GPUMAX.

LOL. The endless loop for forwarding hashes!

True.  Either way I bet 50% plus of the folks in this project will only use as the private pool for GPUMAX - which means he can't be sending the power to GPUMAX.
legendary
And nevermind the fact that a large % of the shares generated here are only generated when GPUMAX isn't accepting public work in the first place.

Of course, thats why its "only" 120% currently. AFAIK, public work is still paid at 150% PPS, but its only ~40% of the shares. You should end up with about 120% average per day if you just point your miners to GPUmax and have a zero fee private pool. Unless gpumax prioritizes small miners, but I have never heard of that.

That's a rather simplistic calculation particularly if you take into account the number of pools that have switched away from proportional payouts to less hoppable ones. And you aren't allowing for server costs or other overhead.

Overhead and server costs are not a reason to refuse miners. If anything youd want more to cover the fixed costs. Refusing miners indicates "per share" losses, which is hard to grasp for me since gpumax alone ought to cover it.

As for hopping, well, fortunately prop pools are indeed a dying breed, but hopping just one prop pool, depending how badly its being hopped, will get you close to that 10% extra already, and its not like there is only 1 pool you can hop.  If you cant get 116% with a gpumax account and hopping, you are doing something wrong.

And nevermind the fact that a large % of the shares generated here are only generated when GPUMAX isn't accepting public work in the first place.

Of course, thats why its "only" 120% currently. AFAIK, public work is still paid at 150% PPS, but its only ~40% of the shares. You should end up with about 120% average per day if you just point your miners to GPUmax and have a zero fee private pool. Unless gpumax prioritizes small miners, but I have never heard of that.

That's a rather simplistic calculation particularly if you take into account the number of pools that have switched away from proportional payouts to less hoppable ones. And you aren't allowing for server costs or other overhead.

Overhead and server costs are not a reason to refuse miners. If anything youd want more to cover the fixed costs. Refusing miners indicates "per share" losses, which is hard to grasp for me since gpumax alone ought to cover it.

As for hopping, well, fortunately prop pools are indeed a dying breed, but hopping just one prop pool, depending how badly its being hopped, will get you close to that 10% extra already, and its not like there is only 1 pool you can hop.  If you cant get 116% with a gpumax account and hopping, you are doing something wrong.
How do you manage to lose money on this? Even if you just redirect the hashes to GPUmax, you ought to make a small profit, as you currently get ~120% PPS average just from running public jobs. I know its down from it was before, but its still ~120%. If you do any hopping on top of that, its kinda hard to see how youd make less than 130% PPS Huh

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523
How do you manage to lose money on this? Even if you just redirect the hashes to GPUmax, you ought to make a small profit, as you currently get ~120% PPS average just from running public jobs. I know its down from it was before, but its still ~120%. If you do any hopping on top of that, its kinda hard to see how youd make less than 130% PPS Huh

Activity: 366
Merit: 250
#RIP freemoney
Still waiting for the second account to be enabled.

thx

yeah we are not opening anything up until we fix one thing. i'm losing btc keeping this going right now so it will have to wait. sorry Sad

Good luck with your operations..
Activity: 366
#RIP freemoney
Still waiting for the second account to be enabled.

thx
Activity: 392
I suppose some people work on their mining rig Cheesy I do, but keep mining, and the PC isn't as responsive as it could be without mining.
donator
Activity: 1064
120% was high because some down time and the like.

Sooner or later we will have to lower the percent down even lower for people who do not mine with us 100% of the time. For people who do mine with 100% of the time we will try to keep you at 116%.

Thanks

Will this involve people that only mine say day/night time only, meaning we do not pool hop but we simply do not mine 24 hours a day?

//DeaDTerra
Indeed, I have about 1.2% rejects now while I used to have in the 3+% before. Much better, this almost compensates the 120->116% change Cheesy
Edit: however, the pool is being slow right now: cgminer is flooding me with "pool not providing work fast enough" messages, making me mine around 500MH/s instead of the usual 700.
When I go to http://project2.tygrr.com with WIN 7 / Google Chrome my choices are:

KILL PAGES / WAIT
Try a browser not by Big Brother. I assume that as a Bitcoin user you're likely a least a bit privacy aware and might care about being tracked and trapped in a bubble.
Still, http://project2.tygrr.com/ works for me in SRWare Iron 17.
Pages:
Jump to: