Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] Watch the thread for finaly payout info "Project #2" - page 5. (Read 47892 times)

vip
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.
LESSONS LEARNED:

RAID, dammit.
Daily full backup, and rsync only changes every few hours.
Spare hardware in hotsync, if there are a lot of users.
Prop hopping has gone the way of the dinosaur.

Glad to see people finally caught up with me.  What's even better is you're not ignored so maybe Goat will actually read it.
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
LESSONS LEARNED:

RAID, dammit.
Daily full backup, and rsync only changes every few hours.
Spare hardware in hotsync, if there are a lot of users.
Prop hopping has gone the way of the dinosaur.
Activity: 392
I'm waiting to see what he thinks is a fair way to make it right with all of us. The initial proposal you had mentioned (135% or something like that) sounded good to me but if you can't get ANY of the data back how will we prove to you what we had pending? I know a good minimum approximation for myself and I stated it right in the beginning. I hope you can extrapolate some statistics that back that up.
My guess is looking at some previous stats and extrapolating to the missing day. Hoppers were tagged, and it seems reasonable to assume most other people had a steady hashrate. Apart from connection issues which prevented me from mining from time to time, I've been mining quite constantly around 650-700MH/s.
Activity: 446
Its been 5 days now. Whats the word about the server info being made available to you so we can all be cashed out?

The unofficial word is that the data can not be recovered and the server can not be accessed. We are waiting on an official resolution from bitvps and will let you know as soon as we know. I have however expressed speed in the resolution. We are more or less going to accept whatever bitvps offers, we are not going to sue them or anything over this.

Thanks.

I'm waiting to see what he thinks is a fair way to make it right with all of us. The initial proposal you had mentioned (135% or something like that) sounded good to me but if you can't get ANY of the data back how will we prove to you what we had pending? I know a good minimum approximation for myself and I stated it right in the beginning. I hope you can extrapolate some statistics that back that up.

Its been 5 days now. Whats the word about the server info being made available to you so we can all be cashed out?
Activity: 392
So rage by the no answer to my question. I take it as the server was sold prematurely.
Hes not going to admit doing something that negligent.
Activity: 502
So rage by the no answer to my question. I take it as the server was sold prematurely.
Activity: 419
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227
Away on an extended break
Any updates lately?  Huh
vip
EDIT: imsaguy is an annoyance.

Bravo!
rjk
1ngldh
It would be in their best interests never to discuss this sort of issue in public, even if Goat made up lies such as,"They copied my wallet off the server and THEN set fire to it, and by the way, rg told me he was shakaru!"
This is why "legit" companies never have a useful and handy forum/IRC presence. There are humans behind the companies after all, and I can understand rg's frustration over what we know to him is basic admin competency - backing things up.
vip
Well soon RG will have permission to speak with me and this will be sorted I'm sure. Thanks.

I've become rather curious of WHO actually leased the server and why they would be so hard to get a release of information from so RG can talk with you.

I'd venture to guess its netxshare since he's the one that seems to run the day to day things and I can't imagine he'd impede the conversation.
Well soon RG will have permission to speak with me and this will be sorted I'm sure. Thanks.

I've become rather curious of WHO actually leased the server and why they would be so hard to get a release of information from so RG can talk with you.
vip
also plz dont get mad at me im just asking for the facts like a true answer did your service resale the server before the lease or no i mean there's alot of he said she said im just asking for cold facts.

MOAR punctuation please.
i also agree but the way he put it he didnt say he had a survival clauses.

also plz dont get mad at me. Im just asking for the facts. like a true answer did your service resale the server before the lease or no. I mean there's alot of he said she said im just asking for cold facts.
vip
as per my lawyer she said its just plain common sense if you break a lease agreement anything in said less agreement is null.

That isn't always the case.  Many contracts will have survival clauses.
as per my lawyer she said its just plain common sense if you break a lease agreement anything in said lease agreement is null.
vip
hmm j/w if it is true that the server was sold before the lease agreement is up. bc in that instant your BitVPS Policy - # We are not liable for any damage or loss of data. All clients are responsible for the backup of their data. would be null and void since you broke the lease contract. at least that is how it would play out in a court.

Where'd that come from? Was that a posting somewhere that I missed?  If it wasn't, how would you know anything about it unless either Goat or RG said something?

The story I am being told is RG's data center resold my server despite having time left. I am waiting for him to post in this thread with more details.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/closed-watch-the-thread-for-finaly-payout-info-project-2-54467

You're right, I got distracted by the other bit.

Edit:  See how hard that was.. admitting when you're wrong... oh wait, it wasn't.  Too bad others can't do that.
rjk
1ngldh
hmm j/w if it is true that the server was sold before the lease agreement is up. bc in that instant your BitVPS Policy - # We are not liable for any damage or loss of data. All clients are responsible for the backup of their data. would be null and void since you broke the lease contract. at least that is how it would play out in a court.

Where'd that come from? Was that a posting somewhere that I missed?  If it wasn't, how would you know anything about it unless either Goat or RG said something?

The story I am being told is RG's data center resold my server despite having time left. I am waiting for him to post in this thread with more details.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/closed-watch-the-thread-for-finaly-payout-info-project-2-54467
vip

Where'd that come from? Was that a posting somewhere that I missed?  If it wasn't, how would you know anything about it unless either Goat or RG said something?
Pages:
Jump to: