Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] Watch the thread for finaly payout info "Project #2" - page 6. (Read 47892 times)

Activity: 419
Merit: 250
hmm j/w if it is true that the server was sold before the lease agreement is up. bc in that instant your BitVPS Policy - # We are not liable for any damage or loss of data. All clients are responsible for the backup of their data. would be null and void since you broke the lease contract. at least that is how it would play out in a court.

Are you a lawyer/judge?
Activity: 502
Merit: 500
hmm j/w if it is true that the server was sold before the lease agreement is up. bc in that instant your BitVPS Policy - # We are not liable for any damage or loss of data. All clients are responsible for the backup of their data. would be null and void since you broke the lease contract. at least that is how it would play out in a court.
rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh
Activity: 686
You are extremely difficult to work with.

Since you refuse to work(speak) with me I would say so.

I hate to be rude, but he is already going behind his back to help you. I wouldn't want to go behind my back to work with someone who is throwing curses at me either, yet he still is. You should be at least a little thankful Tongue
vip
Activity: 574
Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

Careful, he might put you on the ignore list too.
I have talked to Chaang and all I got was a bunch of curse words thrown at me, complaints about mtgox, his lawyer, wife, etc, not the issue at hand.

I want to make one thing *sparklingly* clear.:
BitVPS Policy - # We are not liable for any damage or loss of data. All clients are responsible for the backup of their data.

That has been up on BitVPS.COM since day one. (http://www.bitvps.com/information2/terms-of-service/)

We are NOT liable for their data loss YET we are still helping them because we believe in the Bitcoin Community and will help as much as we can.
I am honestly at a loss here because I try to work something out with Chaang and he freaks out at me.

So you may flame and say what you will, but, we're doing ALL we can to help. I can't do anything til the owner of the server decides what to do to payout the users(we pretty much have it down, its a matter of implementation)

Ask Linode how much they helped Bitcoinica after they had 100k BTC stolen.

Thanks for your attention in this matter,
James "rg" Edward
vip
I smell a double standard here.
imsaguy are you holding gpumax to the same standard as Goat? I might have missed it, but I dont see you rave about stats and purchases and payments being late on gpumax.

I dont think Im known as Goats biggest fan but unfortunate things happen and so far, Goat is being entirely reasonable about this IMO.

I don't have stats from gpumax, but I've gotten paid.  gpumax isn't blaming their hosting for the failed harddrive.  They're taking ownership and working around it/through it. 
Activity: 518
I smell a double standard here.
imsaguy are you holding gpumax to the same standard as Goat? I might have missed it, but I dont see you rave about stats and purchases and payments being late on gpumax.

I dont think Im known as Goats biggest fan but unfortunate things happen and so far, Goat is being entirely reasonable about this IMO.
vip
It's one freaking day worth of payouts. Chomping at the bit is not going to get this done any faster. It's not like the crack dealer closed up shop.

Due to the timing, its two.  I'm just trying to figure out when RG's gonna stop being the excuse and Chaang finally takes ownership of this.  I don't dispute that RG's DC screwed things up, but at some point, Chaang's ultimately responsible.

RG did talk to me on IRC just now and says he will talk with me assuming the other guy gives him permission. So we will wait for that.

Also Imsaguy, FYI you are no longer allowed to work with me on anything in anyway. If you do so in the future I will not respond to you.

RG has his "policy" and he is sticking with it.

So basically still pointing the finger instead of taking ownership.  Well done.  I also see you failed to answer my question from way back when.. when's your last backup?
vip
It's one freaking day worth of payouts. Chomping at the bit is not going to get this done any faster. It's not like the crack dealer closed up shop.

Due to the timing, its two.  I'm just trying to figure out when RG's gonna stop being the excuse and Chaang finally takes ownership of this.  I don't dispute that RG's DC screwed things up, but at some point, Chaang's ultimately responsible.
Activity: 392
vip
So what if RG can't recover data?  What's the plan B?

we have two ideas for plan B.. lets wait for RG then we can talk about them (assuming he fails). thanks

What's the timeline on that?
vip
So what if RG can't recover data?  What's the plan B?
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227
Away on an extended break
Seems like this is the case now, but remove the RG part as he should be the 'some server provider' if I ain't wrong:
Well, I'm not too sure about that:
We are also dealing with our own issues with the DC as they have given us the royal screw job.

Yes, you might be correct. It seems RG is renting whole dedicated servers to lease out.
Seems like this is the case now, but remove the RG part as he should be the 'some server provider' if I ain't wrong:
Well, I'm not too sure about that:
We are also dealing with our own issues with the DC as they have given us the royal screw job.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227
Away on an extended break
1. Chaang is not listed on the account, he did not sign up, his name is not listed anywhere.
*I am unable to discuss any specifics with him*
Sure, it's not as if you were both posting in the same thread at a few posts interval...

Unfortunately its not that simple. This will all be fixed in due time. I'm just waiting for the person who actually pays for the server to talk to me. BitVPS is going to do what we can to fix this and attempt to make every happy, as per the usual.

So, let me get this straight:

Am I right?
Seems pretty inefficient compared to what I usually do:

1. Chaang is not listed on the account, he did not sign up, his name is not listed anywhere.
*I am unable to discuss any specifics with him*
Sure, it's not as if you were both posting in the same thread at a few posts interval...

Unfortunately its not that simple. This will all be fixed in due time. I'm just waiting for the person who actually pays for the server to talk to me. BitVPS is going to do what we can to fix this and attempt to make every happy, as per the usual.

So, let me get this straight:

Am I right?
Seems pretty inefficient compared to what I usually do:
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
Yes, we have back up but we do not have them run after every share submitted. What we can do is find the most recent average of who got what percent and then take the 135% PPS and send that out. No it will not be perfect but if RG pays the 135% no one should lose money. We know exactly how much BTC we brought in.

I'd be fine with that solution.

Won't be exact, but should be ballpark enough.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
BitMinter
What happened ?
Pages:
Jump to: