Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] Win a Butterfly Labs Bitforce Single - page 6. (Read 22461 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Im so in!

Thanks for the fun raffle gigavps!

Smiley
vip
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
AKA: gigavps
Just bought 4 tickets.

Thanks to the very generous gigavps!

Thanks SkRRJyTC!

We are more than half way through this thing. Who is going to win this mining monster?
legendary
Activity: 1008
Just bought 4 tickets.

Thanks to the very generous gigavps!
vip
Bought 2 tickets  Smiley

Thanks jarsumarsu and good luck!
donator
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
Bought 2 tickets  Smiley
donator
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
663 tickets have now been sold. What are you going to do with your BFL single?

Build a better Arduino. What else would you do with a BFL?

All wrong, I'll use it for:
    Packet integrity verification
    MonteCarlo Calculation support
    Custom contracted functions

There's also some 2 step SHA256 block hash functionality on it, and rumors has it that somebody used it for some sort of mining operation, but hey, nothing beats MonteCarlo simulations!  Grin Grin Grin

Activity: 700
Merit: 507

Build a better Arduino. What else would you do with a BFL?
Activity: 868

Put flowers in it, will make for a whacky vase !  Wink
vip
vip
So how do I know my ticket numbers? Will they be posted so I can find them via my email address?

Hi Ilovebitcoins,

Ticket numbers are based off of when your ticket was purchased in relation to the other orders. All tickets will be posted right after 5pm on Friday and before we decide what block will create the final hash.

Best,
gigavps
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
So how do I know my ticket numbers? Will they be posted so I can find them via my email address?
mem
Activity: 644
Merit: 501
Herp Derp PTY LTD
Raffles can only be done by charitable/non-profit organizations. In Florida, in particular, you can not require payment to enter any raffle. Some organizations get around this by asking for a recommended donation, but no payment can officially be required.
I'll bet that if you look into it, you will probably find that the law applies to raffles where tickets are sold for "money", I.E. USD. I doubt the government will give 2 shits about what they view as a raffle that is denominated in "internet funny money".

agreed, Gigavps your doing the right thing - better off being sure than sorry.
Activity: 497
Merit: 500
Thanks for the raffle GigaVPS!!!
vip
I'll bet that if you look into it, you will probably find that the law applies to raffles where tickets are sold for "money", I.E. USD. I doubt the government will give 2 shits about what they view as a raffle that is denominated in "internet funny money".

Either way I am going to look into what it takes to comply with all local, state and federal regulations before continuing with another raffle.

We will conclude this raffle with a winner. The winner will get a BFL single in days instead of 12 weeks, which is how long i waited.
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
Raffles can only be done by charitable/non-profit organizations. In Florida, in particular, you can not require payment to enter any raffle. Some organizations get around this by asking for a recommended donation, but no payment can officially be required.
vip
540 tickets sold so far.
vip

Thanks for the heads up JayCoin. This is the last raffle.
mem
Activity: 644
Merit: 501
Herp Derp PTY LTD
How is running a raffle like this not illegal?
How is it illegal?

Oddly, not everyone here on the forum is in the USA ...

Oddly, Gigavps is from Florida the state in question ...

I sincerely doubt that anyone cares at this point in time but best to proceed carefully gigavps.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
How is it illegal?

Oddly, not everyone here on the forum is in the USA ...
Activity: 409
Merit: 251
Crypt'n Since 2011
How is it illegal?

Pages:
Jump to: