Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] Win a Butterfly Labs Bitforce Single - page 7. (Read 22461 times)

legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
How is running a raffle like this not illegal?
How is it illegal?
Activity: 409
Merit: 251
Crypt'n Since 2011
How is running a raffle like this not illegal?
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Bought 5 tickets  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
Hello!
I might buy one ticket, so then I can put my raspberry pi to use.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
BitLotto - best odds + best payouts + cheat-proof
Gambling? Mining? or Other?

Mining of course Smiley
Good luck my friend. I'd enter this draw but I don't mine.

Good luck everyone!
vip
Activity: 1358
AKA: gigavps

Mining of course Smiley
How come? Your raffles are doing well!

The raffles are fun but I am getting ready to start a new project that will require most of my free time.
vip

The raffles are fun but I am getting ready to start a new project that will require most of my free time.
This is going to be the last raffle for a long while. If you want a BFL bitforce single, now is the time to get your tickets.
donator
Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105
is there a live site where we can see how many tickets have been sold?

411 tickets have now been sold. I'll try to update once a day or more if you need.

Congrats, that's good going in 1 day or so, say with an average 10% discount on ticket sales price then that's about 92 BTC or $454 atm pulled in so far & the forum now showing adverts for it too I see, you should cover the Single's plus ad's costs in no time at this rate
vip

411 tickets have now been sold. I'll try to update once a day or more if you need.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431
vip
This is going to be the last raffle for a long while. If you want a BFL bitforce single, now is the time to get your tickets.
Activity: 497
Count me in! I got a couple.
donator
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
345 Tickets have been purchased so far. What are you going to do with your new BFL single?

Yes, and some are mine.  Cheesy

What am I going to do with it? Hmm, I guess I'll try to use it for Bitcoin mining  Grin

legendary
How about: if you want to be completely random, you could say e.g. the 3rd block to have a timestamp on or after the designated 5pm
i.e. look at the timestamp of each block in order and the 3rd one (in block order) that has a timestamp after 5pm (your time)
VERY unlikely for that to happen before 5pm
vip
345 Tickets have been purchased so far. What are you going to do with your new BFL single?
A minor issue - the block found after the raffle ends may have a timestamp before the end and a block found before the raffle ends may have a timestamp after the end ... (both are possible)

If it makes you feel better, we can do it this way:

1. Close the raffle buy buttons.
2. Compile the list of purchasers and tickets into hashes.
3. Post the list to pastebin.com
4. Declare the next block to have a time stamp after the pastebin.com post to be the block used to find the winner.

How does this sound?
legendary
A minor issue - the block found after the raffle ends may have a timestamp before the end and a block found before the raffle ends may have a timestamp after the end ... (both are possible)
vip
vip
Pages:
Jump to: