Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED*]R1B: HashFast Baby Jet Upgrade Promo - DZ MC Round 1. Batch 1. Mahalo! - page 2. (Read 13839 times)

Activity: 866
Merit: 1001
Hi guys,

Haven't run off with the money (there still is no money or BTC from our HF refund). I'd never do that. Just super bummed from all the negativity, the trolling, the bickering, manufacturers failing us over and over, and me working 7 days a week for months doing this as a second job for peanuts (actually negative not-so peanuts). I just got so sick of it esp. since I was working for less than free and couldn't take it any more.

This was an experiment in democracy in mining and trying to deal with the inevitable network difficulty rise but I/we've surrendered the pre-order GB market when we used to offer many of the best pre-order deals around because most of these manufacturers can't meet their deadlines. Others can deal with high risk pre-orders but I'm done with pre-orders from ASIC mfgs.

I've been exploring other job options while trying to cram for a particular Microsoft cert for a job I'm trying to get. I've cut back my forum presence but I'm still looking at opportunities in the cryptoeconomy.

WRT case news: these things take time but the Texas court granted a TRO against HF for about 218 BTC so regardless of how the case turns out they've been ordered to hold onto BTC of this amount till the end of the case.

BTW, from the email leak thread going on over email: even people that have asked for USD refunds from HF have had to wait for over a month in some cases.

Good luck with the new job and things, but you took on responsibility of the group buy, tried to build up a business with group buys, so you still have to manage and cope with all the trolling, bad comments. If you took on the management of group buys, you knew from the past that hardware developers were flakey to say the best.

You also knew what the bitcoin community were like if something was not delivered.

Also no where on the first group buy which I was a part of was this to be a community group buy, you were in charge.

So sorry, things did not turn out for a massive profit you hoped for, but you still owe us time to figure out the mess.

Also on this just to make my view clear, I just want my $$$ value back.

Another thing is that there was no proper vote on action, people just commented, and how many were investors or buyers. Where was a proper audited vote of investors???

At the end of the day you FAILED in trying to set up a business, FAILED to provide your customers with regular information.

Phil
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
Hi guys,

Haven't run off with the money (there still is no money or BTC from our HF refund). I'd never do that. Just super bummed from all the negativity, the trolling, the bickering, manufacturers failing us over and over, and me working 7 days a week for months doing this as a second job for peanuts (actually negative not-so peanuts). I just got so sick of it esp. since I was working for less than free and couldn't take it any more.

This was an experiment in democracy in mining and trying to deal with the inevitable network difficulty rise but I/we've surrendered the pre-order GB market when we used to offer many of the best pre-order deals around because most of these manufacturers can't meet their deadlines. Others can deal with high risk pre-orders but I'm done with pre-orders from ASIC mfgs.

I've been exploring other job options while trying to cram for a particular Microsoft cert for a job I'm trying to get. I've cut back my forum presence but I'm still looking at opportunities in the cryptoeconomy.

WRT case news: these things take time but the Texas court granted a TRO against HF for about 218 BTC so regardless of how the case turns out they've been ordered to hold onto BTC of this amount till the end of the case.

BTW, from the email leak thread going on over email: even people that have asked for USD refunds from HF have had to wait for over a month in some cases.
http://imgur.com/a/OLbc8#0
Good news. Thank you!
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Hi guys,

http://imgur.com/a/OLbc8#0
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Hi guys,

Activity: 200
Unfortunately we were advised not to discuss this outside of the lawyers. R1-4's update until we post again is moving forward as planned.

Thomas,

There is an internet post of a case filed by Cypher Enterprises in tarrant county courts against Hashfast but the county record search turns out nothing. Considering this is public information and in no way private information that could risk "our" case please provide the following "public" information for shareholders.

Case number or attorney representing either side
Court (probate, CCL or JP)
County filed
Date filed

Thanks in advance
Activity: 245
OT: i know we are all fk'd by HashFk'd, but does any one know if how is DZ? he hasn't logged in for a while now.

anyway, hoping for the best for our GBs. 
Unfortunately we were advised not to discuss this outside of the lawyers. R1-4's update until we post again is moving forward as planned.
Activity: 141
Merit: 115

I'd expect DZ, as the organizer of this GB, to post updates and report on the progress at least weekly.
Sadly it's not the case.

At this point in time we have no gear, no refund and no communication with the OP who once sounded
too often too pompous.

bump.
No news for a month.

DZ not logged in since the 27th.

I kinda wish we'd just taken the USD check at this point.

Not looking good at all.
Also been waiting for over a month to be informed about this court case filed in Texas. My independent searches turn up nothing.

Maybe someone can explain this to us?

Activity: 184
bump.
No news for a month.

DZ not logged in since the 27th.

I kinda wish we'd just taken the USD check at this point.

That request came from me, no need to panic, just asking if there was a similar case to reference as this is cutting edge litigation.  I passed this legal question by an ex colleague of mine in corporate law. He thought that it was an interesting case to say the least.
I would have thought that there would be a basket of cases against Hashfast but this seems not to be the case.
The only reference to litigation against hashfast he could find was :

Morici v. HashFast Technologies LLC
Defendant:   Simon Barber, HashFast LLC, HashFast Technologies LLC and Eduardo deCastro
Plaintiff:   Pete Morici

Case Number:   5:2014cv00087
Filed:   January 7, 2014

Court:   California Northern District Court
Office:   San Jose Office
County:   XX US, Outside State (State of Maryland)
Presiding Judge:   Howard R. Lloyd
( Has judged against the late Steve Jobs and Apple so this might be good news  )

Full complaint as filed in the courts is available online
http://pt.scribd.com/doc/197131433/01-main-pdf

This is exactly the same case as you are proposing,  Morici requesting a full refund in BTC, damages and mandates hashfast to comply with Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code § 1723

Worth a read for sure.

Texas is not as open with there court documents as California as they have a more autonomous county court system that is based in decentralization of records (sounds like a mess but ok..). Could someone PM me as to what county this was filed in? Id really like to follow this case.

Thanks and good luck.

Let's see: since the last post in a R1-4 thread.

- Zero updates to our "Customer Support Ticket" sent in early January demanding a full BTC and USD refund for R1-4 via a paralegal, where appropriate.
- Litigation against HF was filed in Texas.
- We're meeting w/ the attorneys to go over this litigation this week.
- The January bill came in and it was ugly.
- Claims of damages seem to make sense as we all have had lost opportunity costs due to their deceptive advertising and outright fraudulent behavior (FTC regs. state that if product is delayed you *must* give the customer the opportunity for a full refund.) No promises on this but I'm firm that if damages are awarded that all would share in this (minus atty. fees) based on their percentage of ownership of that round's miners.
- Also, I can confirm that one of the D&L attorneys received an inquiry from a community rep re: legal precedents in cases like this.

That's about it...oh and a passive aggressive email from HF a little while back finally confirming payment on one of the R1-2B upgrades paid months ago with a bolded msg. at the bottom saying something to the effect of: "ALL SALES FINALS. NO REFUNDS."
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'

whats up DZ?
is there any news?
did you request refund?
are you communicating with HF?
How are you? etc. etc.

Hashfast seems to be shipping to some people, some people were even contacted and asked if they want to cancel the refund check.. Not us so it seems. Strange........

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=262052.7780

Why should anyone care, I mean its just money and we are loaded right  Grin?
 But seriously, there is a chance that the box will just show up with the upgrade boards as it did for others.
According to posts Ive seen there is a PSU issue due to the higher then advertised power consumption but in our case we should be ok.

Ive been reading up on the specs so if it does show up and you have any problems with the config, just drop me a line.

Im off to the jungle this weekend to do what I do best, plant expensive trees. Its a get rich slow program but gives high returns so anyone interested in that drop me a PM..

Good luck to all and have a nice weekend.

whats up DZ?
is there any news?
did you request refund?
How are you? etc. etc.

Nothing much you?
Not really
Yes, a letter was created and sent certified to them
They've ignored our request completely
I'm great if you don't include Jupiters quoting life and deleting their settings or simply disappearing from the network
Activity: 122
whats up DZ?
is there any news?
did you request refund?
How are you? etc. etc.

Activity: 333
Merit: 251
Our experienced trial lawyers have high confidence in the tack we're taking.

sounds reassuring.

I might pass by HI this summer - if we get a full BTC refund by then, I'll stand you a drink  of praise and commendation    Cool
Update: no word from HF WRT full refunds or shipping.

BTW: Background info on Paypal payments related to this. This was done as a favor to forum members, and actually cost us money per transaction because I didn't mark up the PP shares quite enough. PP also caused us co-op leaders a ton of grief: my ebay acct. is still in Limited status because they didn't like me doing an Amex chargeback on my PP BFL Jally orders that were past 45 days (this acct. is still limited because I can't be bothered by fix what they changed) and one of the other leaders *still* has $26K tied up for several more months because a co-op member did an illegal chargeback on their PP shares (they got exactly what was paid for and still got a chargeback and miner payouts. grrr). We're still bitter about all this and have refused to add PP to any of our ecommerce sites because of this and their previous anti-BTC and anti-miner stance.

WRT to refund type: Sorry, but it's a very common thing that in commerce, during a refund, you're supposed to get out what you put in: whether its seashells, roman coins, gold, or BTC, which is what we've been fighting for against HF.

==

As for the legal side: we have a plan in the works that doesn't involve CA arbitration. Our experienced trial lawyers have high confidence in the tack we're taking.
Activity: 333
Merit: 251
Should we be part of this?

Yes, this or another lawer - litigation all the way.
I think that's the only reasonable option now.
(The hope is that HF will offer us a settlement before actually going
to court)
Pages:
Jump to: