Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED*]R1B: HashFast Baby Jet Upgrade Promo - DZ MC Round 1. Batch 1. Mahalo! - page 5. (Read 13839 times)

Activity: 122
Merit: 100
DZ supposed to have another email from hf about refunds and we should make a decision based on their new f@#$% refund policy..
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4206216
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
never fear phil is here.

i got your ups in hand and your psu in hand. do not buy anything. I got a used perfectly good sea sonic 1000 watt platinum and I have good ups the eatons in 3 or 4 sizes. .   if we ever get the gear I have the parts we need.
all quality all half price .  we can meet on route 9 in NJ halfway between Howell and staten Island.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
DZ did you get email from them?
like this https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4178182

if not who got it? which email address will they use to inform us about tracking number??

Oh, I got the email alright...and was blown away that they so amateurishly leaked everyone's private emails all because of not knowing/caring about the difference between CC and BCC and Privacy Violations law.  Roll Eyes

I still haven't ordered the UPS for R1 because I'm still not convinced this isn't going to a refund. If they really do meet the deadline: Let me know if you're ok just buying a small UPS locally and I'll send you the BTC (except ahead of time) like I did with philipma1957 for his equipment, so we can buy a UPS in time, if this durn thing really does ship before year's end. If not, I still have time to do an order with Memory Dealers.

Thanks man.
DZ did you get email from them?
like this https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4178182

if not who got it? which email address will they use to inform us about tracking number??
Interesting discussion point. Would they be off the hook upon setting up a tracking number? Or do they actually have to *deliver* to firsttimeuser before the 31st?

Pulling up this invoice I hosted at Photobucket for R2 (which we bought out from a forum member): http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll87/SurfSkateKauai/a8295a7b-3c53-4bb6-98ab-f74a3276e00e.jpg

It says that they're "guaranteed for delivery by December 31."

I'd say even this wording could allow for interpretation either way, but would require a contract atty. or several to argue it out. One *could* (to weasel out of a deluge of refunds) say: "well, we have tracking numbers but they are not picked up yet so technically we made delivery."  Tongue

As a *buyer* however, you would *expect* to have the durn thing in your hands for delivery to be considered as complete.
Activity: 866
Merit: 1001
Should I accept or refuse delivery if it arrives after Dec 31?

NO, if it is with FedEx, by / on 31st, they are ok by their TOS. It is not delivered by 31st. It is ExWorks by 31st.

Phil

Are we sure that if we get the BJ by say the 5th and count with MPP we make less money mining than the USD refund?

If they ship and it is in FedEx's on the 31st, they have delivered as per the TOS. There will be automatic no refund available, USD or BTC as they have delivered. If we refuse to accept then, we will probably be liable for further shipping costs if we want the device.

Phil
legendary

NO, if it is with FedEx, by / on 31st, they are ok by their TOS. It is not delivered by 31st. It is ExWorks by 31st.

Phil

Are we sure that if we get the BJ by say the 5th and count with MPP we make less money mining than the USD refund?

no simply because btc price could go back over 1000  and we are still better off with the machine.   

Is there any proof they are shipping?
Activity: 750
Merit: 500
www.coinschedule.com

Phil

Activity: 866
Merit: 1001

Phil
Activity: 574
Their terms say that refusing delivery is basically forfeiting it
legendary
If necessary, It appears that our best bet is to get whatever refund we can for now, then fight for what we can later like the claimants in the coinlab case, since we need to build consensus first to join in a suit and class action suits can take a long time to sort out.

Anyway enough from me about potential litigation on Christmas.  Tongue

Merry Christmas everyone! If you celebrate or don't celebrate this holiday, my toast of good cheers to you and your family is still the same.

I'm thankful for our customers and I'm thankful for you co-op members that have helped make this co-op the success it is today by helping us improve things over time and helping one another out with knowledge. 5 months ago I had no idea I'd form the biggest public co-op in the world for BTC mining.

It's an honor to be the founder and co-leader of a co-op full of so many like minded miners, and I'm both humbled by our success and very thankful to have met my co-leaders, which has resulted in round after round of world class values, and a crypto umbrella company founded upon the core of the DZ MC (with the co-op shielded as a sub-company.

Here's to a successful 2014!

it is Christmas  night in NJ I had lots of food .  I am nice and relaxed on the couch typing this. If we can get a usd = refund  we should take it. If a BTC lawsuit comes up it would be cool to be in on it.  But I am always a  take what you can get and move on type of person. I am not sure if anyone has a really big stake in this "loser" and does not have a stake in our winning rounds. I am sure some one may have went big here and light on r5+r6 or r9-r12.  If so they would want more then just usd /fiat back.
abount refund:
apparently it's not at all what we hoped for.
As far  as I understood from the HF thread, all they
pay will be the USD price of the unit.
That is, we only get a fraction of the BTC we paid.

I wouldn't accept that.
(of course now every HF customer would gladly accept a refund
of BTC he paid. But that's not on offer, that's something we would have
to fight for.)

Now since the only payment option is in BTC Will I get the same ammount of BTC back should you fail to deliver by December 31st?

Orders are taken in BTC, in the unlikely event we get to refunds they will be given in BTC.
If necessary, It appears that our best bet is to get whatever refund we can for now, then fight for what we can later like the claimants in the coinlab case, since we need to build consensus first to join in a suit and class action suits can take a long time to sort out.

Anyway enough from me about potential litigation on Christmas.  Tongue

Merry Christmas everyone! If you celebrate or don't celebrate this holiday, my toast of good cheers to you and your family is still the same.

I'm thankful for our customers and I'm thankful for you co-op members that have helped make this co-op the success it is today by helping us improve things over time and helping one another out with knowledge. 5 months ago I had no idea I'd form the biggest public co-op in the world for BTC mining.

It's an honor to be the founder and co-leader of a co-op full of so many like minded miners, and I'm both humbled by our success and very thankful to have met my co-leaders, which has resulted in round after round of world class values, and a crypto umbrella company founded upon the core of the DZ MC (with the co-op shielded as a sub-company.

Here's to a successful 2014!
Activity: 333
Merit: 252
abount refund:
apparently it's not at all what we hoped for.
As far  as I understood from the HF thread, all they
pay will be the USD price of the unit.
That is, we only get a fraction of the BTC we paid.

I wouldn't accept that.
(of course now every HF customer would gladly accept a refund
of BTC he paid. But that's not on offer, that's something we would have
to fight for.)

If R1 and R2 Baby Jets don't arrive by Dec. 31, I'm immediately filing for a refund at 10PM Hawaii Standard Time on Dec. 31 (which corresponds to midnight on the West Coast where HF is located) so that we're at the front of any refund queue.

If they do manage to get this shipped before year's end, let's hope the MPP chips aren't far behind because those MPP chips were *originally* scheduled for the beginning of February (assuming Batch 1 was in our hands at the beginning of November).
[/quote]

Get ready DZ

I"ll accept BTC only.. even if it's $10
So, the rumor is that they are shipping end of this week... Any truth to that?

Who knows, Dave.. After all their lies.
However I'am sitting at home and waiting.

I've been waiting to hear real news before I ordered the UPS for this unit to send to firsttimeuser. I'm paying in BTC so I was hoping for a max price in BTC before ordering since I'm paying that out of pocket (as a noob GBC during R1, that was before we included ~20 min. UPS/Batteries in our Round GB share price).

Good thing I didn't order this R1 UPS unit a couple of months ago just to collect dust. I would've been esp. pissed if I had bought it when BTC was under $200.

So: the UPS for this will be ordered for this miner this week since the rumors are that they'll allegedly ship at the end of the week.

==

With all of the failed and broken promises they gave us - remember when it was prominently displayed on their site to be shipping Oct. 23-30? pffft - the DZ MC is not even bothering trying to buy Batch 4 miners (esp. now that ALL B4 sales are final and there is NO recourse or refunds offered) with refund terms that are that draconian and HF's failure to meet their promised schedule.

If R1 and R2 Baby Jets don't arrive by Dec. 31, I'm immediately filing for a refund at 10PM Hawaii Standard Time on Dec. 31 (which corresponds to midnight on the West Coast where HF is located) so that we're at the front of any refund queue.

If they do manage to get this shipped before year's end, let's hope the MPP chips aren't far behind because those MPP chips were *originally* scheduled for the beginning of February (assuming Batch 1 was in our hands at the beginning of November).

Who knows, Dave.. After all their lies.
However I'am sitting at home and waiting.
Activity: 200
Activity: 750
www.coinschedule.com
Finally, this sounds like good news!

I am in need of some BTC, so I would like to sell 2 x shares of R1 and corresponding 2 x upgrades of R1B. I paid a total of BTC 3.1 + BTC 0.62 = BTC 3.72 for these.

I would be willing to sell the lot for BTC 3.5, please PM me if you are interested.

Pages:
Jump to: