Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED]R3/R4: Extended HF FLASH SALE PRICING! 2 HF Sierras, At-Cost+Host, PAID - page 6. (Read 16172 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
With the idea to be prepared for upgrade in advance, we probably won't be able to wait for HF empty rigs?

Still, a 4U (to be able to fit a standard PS) rackmount case is ~$80 at Newegg. Fans are like $4 a piece. PS approx. $120.
Roughly $250 total.

I vote for a fundraiser.

Dont even need case etc, If you guys are ok with it my plan was 1 miner/rack, so that when MPP kicks in plent of space for my to run them in the open. No reason to spend extra money
You know the way I'm voting lol

Open air its good to let them breath
Activity: 546
Owner, Minersource.net
With the idea to be prepared for upgrade in advance, we probably won't be able to wait for HF empty rigs?

Still, a 4U (to be able to fit a standard PS) rackmount case is ~$80 at Newegg. Fans are like $4 a piece. PS approx. $120.
Roughly $250 total.

I vote for a fundraiser.

Dont even need case etc, If you guys are ok with it my plan was 1 miner/rack, so that when MPP kicks in plent of space for my to run them in the open. No reason to spend extra money
Activity: 89
Merit: 10

Roughly $250 total.

I vote for a fundraiser.

I read on their website that they would ship the units themselves like you said (the modules) as well as making the empty rigs available for purchase at a competitive price.

This means that full modules will be made available to cover any MPP obligation to Batch 1 Baby Jet customers.  At that time, Hashafast will make empty rigs available for sale at competitive prices.

So when they put up one of those empty rigs we could always just pick one up if its cheap / quick.

Hopefully they won't be shipping them by UPS (DZ start kissing ass and get them to switch to DHL or FedEx so our units aren't destroyed in shipping )
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
OK so parts listed arent that expensive at all. Especially when broken down by share ratio.
The controller should be easy enough since Im sure most of us have old laptops or PCs that could do the job well enough.

In that case, record my official vote for the extra hash power to remain in co-op hands
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Yeah, we're all a bit blind here at the moment. It's a bit of the ole: "in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king" sort of deal. Nothing says people can't change their mind in the future either. After all, we're a direct representative democracy, not a dictatorship.  Wink

We're human. We do change our minds about things given new or better information.

Here's the very latest info from CH thread:

"Hey Guys,

We realized that a bit of confusion was raised yesterday in regard to the MPP. So this is the official post concerning the MPP:

HashFast will be providing all MPP customers (Batches 1, 2, and 3) with additional ASICs in the form of complete mini-boards.

Cheers,

Team HashFast
"

Then cypherdoc followed up with:

"so just to clarify everyone's strategy.

if you bought a BJ, when the MPP hits, install 1 module into your current BJ.  then simply buy OEM parts: a 2U or 4U rack along with PSU, cooler, fans and plunk in the other 3 modules.  you'll need an old laptop, pc, or Raspi to install integrated HF driver/cgminer and you're ready to go.

a cheap 5x power increase.  extraordinary.
"

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3333795

The news keeps sounding gooder and gooder! Ima gonna keep knocking on my forehead and hoping things proceed well with the 4 HashFast DZ MC orders already paid for (including 1 Baby Jet upgrade, with 1 more pending).
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
Are there any estimates on how much would need to be raised for the additional HW to run the chips?

Any estimate on how much the chips could be sold for?

Hard to make a decision with no estimates on either option
Thanks tripppn!

Noted as 1 vote for the upgrade...

...hmm, time to change the poll. Please register your opinion publicly or you can send me or Thomas a PM with your preference.

==

By an 11 to 4 public vote, it appears the majority agree that extra A/C for possible extra hashrate makes sense. Changing poll.
Activity: 756
I like option 2.  More hashing power and I'm up for a little fundraiser.
If you've been away from the GB forum, when you get caught up on R3/R4 updates, if you're in Round 3 please leave your thoughts below regarding:

- either selling excess chips/chip modules we can't use (due to MPP kicking in) OR
- Buying/building bare rigs to house HashFast Golden Nonce modules

Option 2 requires us to have to think ahead and secure hardware before MPP chips ship, and possibly have to do an at-cost R3B fundraising round to secure more hardware for more hashrate from our excess MPP chips/chip modules.
Here's a HashFast update for those wondering how R3/R4 was going. This was in response to a co-op members PM questions. If the PM info is applicable to the whole co-op involved w/ R3/R4 then I tend to copy/past relevant sections (while preserving anonymity) to the relevant Round thread(s).

==

I talked to Cara at HF on the phone about 8 or 9 days ago. That was my 2nd call w/ her WRT co-op GB details. She said everything's on track. The fact that they made tapeout on schedule last month is a good sign. At least we know they seem to have gotten past the most critical part(s) of the chip fabrication process from what I've read between the lines.

The fact that Cointerra hasn't said anything about tapeout yet 1 week past their deadline, is not a good sign IMO.

If all goes well, we should be hashing in the first week of November. We paid a premium for the "insurance of the MPP" in R3, and it looks like this premium is on track to pay off with the difficulty rising so quickly.

One good thing is that since we have *two* Sierras and since it looks likely that they'll have to ship chips (or chip modules) due to the MPP kicking in, we should be able to fit at least 2 more GN modules (1 in ea. chassis) to bump up our Sierras total nominal hashrate from 1.2TH/s to 2TH/s, without the need for additional hardware.

If they ship more chips then 2 GN chips due to MPP kicking in, which is likely: we have to decide as a group whether to try to sell any extra chips or build/buy a rig that can be populated with GN modules.

==

For Batch 1, they're supposed to hand carry them on a flight for the fastest delivery and to not have to deal with customs issues. They're doing final fabrication in Canada for faster assembly.
R4 finally squared away. Thomas & -R- had to reduce shares & be refunded for 2 and 3 R4 shares, respectively.

Final users finalized in R3 and R4. Thank you for your patience. For future reference: PLEASE sign transactions or if this isn't possible send a PM with Transaction ID and details.

These two simple steps will save your Group Buy Coordinators hours of stress if there's any complications.

OP updated and new code below:

Code:
[DRAFT; finished editing; xfer to Excel 10/9]

Round 4: HashFast Sierra Flash Sale, with NO MPP. 20-30 minute UPS/Battery Backup built into at-cost share price.

Payouts sent every 2 weeks. Before payout, 2.75% Hosting/Management fees are deducted every 2 weeks once operations begin.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|Shares|    Username     |          Wallet Address             |Share Status|             Notes                     |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|  0   |  DyslexicZombei | 17a29H9BhUnaPZgZSdFifPndGxxWQXayuH  |    PAID    |  / Your GB Coordinator / Net. Eng. / Primary Remote Admin      |
|  0   |  bobsag3        | TBA                                 |    HOST   | R3 member. Ultra low cost vetted Hosting/Mng. Fee. 2.75%|
|  5   |  TomDraug    | TBA                                 |    PAID  |                                                                  |
|  5   |  a..........m    | TBA                                 |    PAID  |                                                                  |
|  0   |  jungle_dave    | TBA                                 |    N/A    | Backup Admin, former EE/Net. Engineer. Plants trees in Amazon!    |
|  2   |  firsttimeuser  | TBA                                 |    PAID   |    DZ Co-op Round1 HashFast BabyJet Vetted Miner Host         |
|  1   |  corather     | TBA                                 |    PAID    |                                                                                               |
|  1   |  vaprx     | TBA                                 |    PAID   |                                          |
|  7  |  -Redacted-  | TBA                                 |    PAID   |         Boxed Set of DZ MC shares                     |                      
|  6   |  baros008      | TBA                                 |    PAID   |                                                                   |
|  3 |  thomas_s     | TBA                                 |    PAID  |    Co-GBC / Donated 1.5 R3 Share to R1 member 0.5 to charity  |
| 10   |  Anonymous      | TBA                                 |    PAID   | Votes ceded to GBC. Manual override avail. GBC votes last. In R2|
|  1   |  Miramym    | TBA                                 |    PAID   |   R3 member     |  

|  23 |  amer     | TBA                                 |    PAID  |    Largest voter for R4 open major decisions  |
|  2   |  minerphil | TBA                                 |    PAID   |                                        |
|  10   |  thehun    | TBA                                 |    PAID   |        |  

|  6  |  wontons    | TBA                                 |    PAID  |      |
| 5   |  jplacek      | TBA                                 |    PAID   | |
|  9   |  slayernine | TBA                                 |    PAID   |                                        |
|  2   |  thyatis    | TBA                                 |    PAID   |        |  
|  2   |  unknown.usr    | TBA                                 |    PAID   |        |

100 shares. *Thomas_s and I reduce shares in R4 to solve oversale issue of 3 extra sales.
* 1.5% restock fee for Refunds ** 1.5% fee for optional BTCcrow Escrow protection and dispute resolution. **

PLEASE SEND A PM IF YOU SEE INCORRECT INFO. Mahalo!

Update now that the forum's back up. These two Batch 2 Sierras still appear to be on track for a early November shipping.

HF is still on track WRT to delivery window, last I heard, and I will sort out wallet addresses tomorrow night for R3/R4 with Thomas now that the forums are back up. Please let me know if your wallet address changed for R3/R4 or if you would just like to re-confirm your R3 and/or R4 wallet payout addresses.

Mahalo!
Hehehe, for those not following updates in R1/R2, Copy/pasta from R1:

Talked to Cara at HF a little while ago:

- Great news! They're still on track for that Oct. 23-30 shipping window. That may be the very latest HF news on the forums ATM.

- Cara says she "hearts" us! I was giving her my elevator pitch about providing access to double and triple digit pricepoints HF can't hit yet and she said she "gets it" and that she hearts us. So there. <3  Kiss

Also mentioned the co-op may be up to 45-50 members once we sort out numbers.

- Touched base on R2 Order 616 buyout and she mentioned the R3/R4 order confirmation should be showing in about 2 days.
These miners need to be delivered so I have something else to do besides watching YT videos of people shooting various electronics.
Can I score a job with you? Much better than what I have to do everyday lol.
Owner, Minersource.net
These miners need to be delivered so I have something else to do besides watching YT videos of people shooting various electronics.
Owner, Minersource.net
Electronic devices don't fit into that paradigm very well.  Someone needs to invent a more modern version of the game, maybe somethnig along the lines of smartphone-iPad-glock23...
Pretty sure an Iphone/ipad can stop a 22, but not sure about a glock. IN THE NAME OF SCIENCE!
Merit: 501
Electronic devices don't fit into that paradigm very well.  Someone needs to invent a more modern version of the game, maybe somethnig along the lines of smartphone-iPad-glockg23...
Pages:
Jump to: