Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSING DOWN] ScryptGuild Auto-Switching Pool - page 12. (Read 102210 times)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

I am over the 0.001 BTC autoay theshold (w/confirmed BTC payout address). When will payout actually happen and why is there no manual payout method?

same question...
Activity: 40
I am beginning to sympathise with the views about the value of mining some sh*tcoins; after the most recent hourly update I was left with these residues:
  • ANC 0.00001867
  • EAC 3.13559797
  • LOT 181.78628152
having the combined estimated value of 11 satoshi, all of which actually seems to be vested in EAC.

I wonder whether the effort of mining these is really worthwhile.  Thank goodness for LTC and DOGE which still seem to bring home the bacon despite fluctuating conversion rates.

The pool hasn't switched to ANC or LOT for a while now. Do you have workers set to mine only those coins?

There are still LOT shares being submitted. I guess someone is hoping for a comeback.
Activity: 221
Merit: 100
I am beginning to sympathise with the views about the value of mining some sh*tcoins; after the most recent hourly update I was left with these residues:
  • ANC 0.00001867
  • EAC 3.13559797
  • LOT 181.78628152
having the combined estimated value of 11 satoshi, all of which actually seems to be vested in EAC.

I wonder whether the effort of mining these is really worthwhile.  Thank goodness for LTC and DOGE which still seem to bring home the bacon despite fluctuating conversion rates.
Activity: 520
Merit: 500

I am over the 0.001 BTC autoay theshold (w/confirmed BTC payout address). When will payout actually happen and why is there no manual payout method?

If you just reached the payout threshold, it takes a little while to send the payouts.  Pretty sure the algorithm is set to payout once per hour so that all the payouts are pushed at once and the fee is lower.  As for no manual payout, my guess is that when the site is updated there may be a manual payout option.  There just isn't one currently. 
Activity: 742
Merit: 255
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

(thank you for that Sir Alan)
My pleasure.  Do you sometimes feel that earning your fee is hard work?  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007
All tohether - 13 GLC? all found by me, no one from the pool was involved. I am credited only for 7. Where the rest?

You've been credited for 13.  You had previously been credited for 7, as pointed out above in the explanation by me and the one by Sir Alan (thank you for that Sir Alan).

6 more were found in the most recent shift (4:01 AM - 5:00:59 AM), which were not credited until that shift completed (8 minutes before your most recent post).
In a little more detail:  five GLC blocks were found in shift 2907.  These consequently showed up as blocks paid in 2906, 2905, 2904, and 2903.  You will  observe that no GLC shares at all were reported until shift 2906.  Two further blocks were found in 2908, so that the blocks paid number for 2904-2907 increased from five to seven.

Referring to the figures you originally quoted, and ignoring the two blocks found subsequently:
In shift 2906, you contributed 80064 of the 80080 shares; in shift 2907 you contributed all 90176; that's a total of 170,256.  At that point there were five GLC blocks earning 250 coins.  Your share of these was 170,240/170,256 or 249.97650597 (rounded).  After deduction of the pool fee, you were left with the 244.97697565 you mention.
legendary
Again...read what you quoted.  I know I edited it to add an even more thorough explanation, but even what you quoted clearly shows where your math is wrong.  You're counting the blocks twice.  They are not separate blocks.  There have only been 7 GLC blocks found in total during the period you're looking at.  Not 10-16.
legendary
You don't seem to understand how PPLNS works...there were not 10 different blocks originally and 4 more later.  If a block is solved, it's paid to the previous 5 shifts.  So that 1 block will show up under Blocks Paid to all 5 shifts.

Please, do  not dilute my  question. Where is the difference between I have beed paid I have found? PPLNS does not apply to my blocks in wich pool was not involved

I'm not dilluting your question.  The problem is you're thinking the pool has found twice as many blocks as it actually has because you're counting the Blocks Paid on each shift as if they are separate blocks when they're actually the exact same blocks split over the 5 previous shifts (though the reward was actually only paid to those two shifts, since there were no shares to award in the 3 prior).

The 5 blocks were found during shift 2907.  The pool takes the shares submitted to 2907, 2906, 2905, 2904, and 2903 for that coin as the total shares to split the reward across.  In this case, that would be the shares you submitted in 2906 & 2907, assuming you were the only user to submit shares to that coin (which seems to be the case since there were 0 shares in 2903-2905 for that coin).

2 more blocks were found during shift 2908.  The reward for these blocks was split for Shifts 2904-2908.  Like before, since there were no shares for that coin in 2903-2905, the actual split only counted shares in 2906-2908, which were all yours.

EDIT: Fixed 2907/2908.
legendary
You don't seem to understand how PPLNS works...there were not 10 different blocks originally and 4 more later.  If a block is solved, it's paid to the previous 5 shifts.  So that 1 block will show up under Blocks Paid to all 5 shifts.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
Sorry NVC...
legendary
Please add some more coins. If I would like to mine LTC I would use pool that has horsepower to mine them. FTC and NMC are good alternatives to LTC.

NMC is SHA256...if you want that, go mine on BTC Guild which merged mines it.  FTC isn't supported because I have no interest in implementing proof of stake coins which are not compatible with the current backend.

More coins are coming when the pool is updated this month to force auto conversions and remove the per-coin share recording.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
Please add some more coins. If I would like to mine LTC I would use pool that has horsepower to mine them. FTC and NMC are good alternatives to LTC.
legendary
We haven't solved an LTC block since 10 pm EST last night. We've spend 15 hours doing LTC work that we haven't earned any pay for.
Why do I get the feeling that you don't really understand how PPLNS mining works?

Well, he has a point.  We haven't had any LTC blocks in about 17 hours.  Not that it means much.  We had extremely good luck with LTC blocks the other day.

Of course the comparison of how many blocks per shift changing means *nothing* on a multipool.  A single LTC block is worth probably 1000 LOT or CSC blocks.  The pool has been mostly focused on DOGE and LTC for the last 24 hours, so while the # of blocks paid to each shift will be much lower, they're worth much more than if we tacked on an extra 50-100 LOT/CSC blocks to each shift.
We haven't solved an LTC block since 10 pm EST last night. We've spend 15 hours doing LTC work that we haven't earned any pay for.
Why do I get the feeling that you don't really understand how PPLNS mining works?
We've moved up a few hundred MH in the last few days.

What is going with the pool? We are moving up but number of the paid blocks is down by 3 times starting from  2887 shift Sad

We've moved up a few hundred MH in the last few days.  I plan on getting a few more rigs together and keep it growing.  Just gotta keep spreading the word. 

eleuthria, have you considered a social media presence for ScryptGuild?  I.e. Facebook and Twitter?  That way, I can poke around on either one and see any awesome updates that may come about.  I know it's probably a lot of work to keep Scryptguild up, BTCguild up, the BTCGuild facebook, BTCGuild Twitter, and Bitcointalk.org.  And adding a couple more social updates might just be over the top...
It looks like the switching algo is doing its job. I haven't mined LOT since it became worthless a few days ago.
if you point your miners to Scryptguild for at least 15 hours, you'll have a good, stable, set of numbers and you'll be able to figure out the average daily payout with a little math. Everybody loves a little math.

Or, you can mine at the Guild for 24 hours and just divide your payout by your hash rate in MH.

^-- That...
Pages:
Jump to: