Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSING DOWN] ScryptGuild Auto-Switching Pool - page 16. (Read 102210 times)

Activity: 125
Merit: 100
Just out of curiosity, currently mining with about 2700 kh/s, shouldn't this be giving me around 0.01 per day at least? took me 2 weeks to get 0.1. I am under the impression it used to be far quicker than that, more like a week. Is this normal or is my miner just giving me wrong readings?

According to poolpicker.eu, the *best* performing multipool over the last 14 days averaged 0.0033 per MH/s, and it's been declining ever since.  So no, it should be giving you less than 0.01/day even if you were mining on the luckiest pool over the last 2 weeks.  The variance between most the well performing pools on poolpicker.eu is unrelated to algorithm or performance, and more related to just how lucky they were when they were on DOGE/LTC, which has the biggest impact on daily earnings for any multipool.

Yes makes perfect sense. Thank you for your post.
This pool from all other I have tried is the most reliable even if it pays less than others sometimes.
Activity: 221
Huh thats no excuse for a crappy pool that doesnt make anything. I left my miner on for 20 hours still didnt make anything its a crappy pool no matter what you say. Im waiting for my payout that hasnt been paid when do payouts happen.
If you "didn't make anything" then you won't have any payment to come, will you?  But as you seem to think you should have a payment then you must have made something.  Consequently, and in the absence of specific figures to support what you say, I am inclined to disregard your whining.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007
Just out of curiosity, currently mining with about 2700 kh/s, shouldn't this be giving me around 0.01 per day at least? took me 2 weeks to get 0.1. I am under the impression it used to be far quicker than that, more like a week. Is this normal or is my miner just giving me wrong readings?

According to poolpicker.eu, the *best* performing multipool over the last 14 days averaged 0.0033 per MH/s, and it's been declining ever since.  So no, it should be giving you less than 0.01/day even if you were mining on the luckiest pool over the last 2 weeks.  The variance between most the well performing pools on poolpicker.eu is unrelated to algorithm or performance, and more related to just how lucky they were when they were on DOGE/LTC, which has the biggest impact on daily earnings for any multipool.
Activity: 125
Activity: 150
Worst earnings ever the lowest even lower than clevermining. This pool is a waste of time after testing it for 6 hours i give up as the earnings were tooo damn low for my 90mhs miner. I make a lot more on nicehash and wafflepool I dont see why miners would point there machines to this low earnings pool.

Wow.  So you tested a PPLNS pool for a whole 6 hours and came to a conclusion on earnings?  Good riddance.  Don't bother logging back in after 5 hours and noticing your earnings have doubled since when you evaluated them.

Huh thats no excuse for a crappy pool that doesnt make anything. I left my miner on for 20 hours still didnt make anything its a crappy pool no matter what you say. Im waiting for my payout that hasnt been paid when do payouts happen.
Activity: 221
I haven't received a payout in over a week!  Whats the deal?
A little more information might help elicit a meaningful response.
Activity: 677
Merit: 500
Looks like I have 2 stuck converts:

MEOW   1,658.93404834   Pending   Pending   Pending   2014-05-25 06:11:49
DOGE   413.43039477   Pending   Pending   Pending   2014-05-26 05:11:46
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
I haven't received a payout in over a week!  Whats the deal?
Activity: 205
The system you described seems like a solid evolution of the multipool concept, Eleuthria. I would have been happy with the Doge and LTC-only implementation, but this sounds like the best of all worlds.

And, FWIW, I'm happy accepting the variance on LTC considering the massively disproportionate value of LTC when we do hit.
Look at the hash rate grow.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
This is great news I will get some units point back to Scrypt Guild.
I had moved away in anticipation of the move but I am just happy to come back.
Thanks for the great work.
 Smiley

After a lot of consideration, the merger is likely not going to happen.  ScryptGuild is going to remain a separate entity from BTC Guild.

However, there are going to be some major revamps in how ScryptGuild operates over the next month, to make the process more user friendly, reduce the number of settings, and make it easier to track things like BTC per MH/s/day.  These changes will also be targetting making it easier to add/remove coins from the system.  Some more details will be posted over the weekend.

ScryptGuild is still going to be doing a server migration over the next month to get it connected to the BTC Guild colo for higher uptime and fewer networking issues which currently plague OVH.

The plan is removing the ability to pick a specific coin to mine, and having the pool stop tracking shares submitted to each coin.  Instead the pool will simply track shares submitted, and pool the rewards from all the blocks mined in a given shift and split it that way.  This will reduce the database overhead *significantly*, and also make it easier to add or remove coins to the system.  Users will be able to observe what coins were mined, the exchange rate that was paid for each coin, and then how that reward was split.

Users will be able to pick BTC or LTC for their converted amounts.

Part of this change will also be modifying the coin switching backend as it relates to lower difficulty coins, only moving a percentage of users to a low difficulty coin for example when it becomes the most profitable, something which is not possible to do right now since the system is specifically allocating a user's shares to a specific coin for reward splitting.

Worst earnings ever the lowest even lower than clevermining. This pool is a waste of time after testing it for 6 hours i give up as the earnings were tooo damn low for my 90mhs miner. I make a lot more on nicehash and wafflepool I dont see why miners would point there machines to this low earnings pool.

Do you get the concept of PPLNS?  6 hours is not long enough to evaluate it.
legendary

Wow.  So you tested a PPLNS pool for a whole 6 hours and came to a conclusion on earnings?  Good riddance.  Don't bother logging back in after 5 hours and noticing your earnings have doubled since when you evaluated them.
Activity: 520

You're a newbie with 90mh/s...i think that qualifies as slightly foolish...
Activity: 150
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
Regarding manual vs auto:

Most coins are only worth mining for maybe 15-30 seconds at a time.  Due to all the "anti multipool" difficulty switchers, coins will change by factors of 5-10x in their difficulty, while their price moves only a fraction of that amount.  Manual switching cannot be done fast enough for proper profit switching, unless you're *guessing* on a coin having a rally, which is no different than gambling.

The new system, once deployed, will be able to balance the pool hash rate over multiple profitable coins at once, where only a portion of the pool is moved based on what the difficulty of the highest profitable coin is.  This system will also prioritize moving miners with lower stale rates, meaning that less hash rate will be wasted due to moving people who have horrible configurations (intensity too high).

Example:

1) DOGE is the most profitable coin at a difficulty of 700.  100% of the pool is set to DOGE.
2) WDC becomes the most profitable at a difficulty of 13.  The pool moves 30% of its miners to WDC, leaving 70% of DOGE.
3) WDC difficulty adjusts, and that 30% is moved back to DOGE.
4) CSC becomes the most profitable at a difficulty of 0.8.  The pool moves 10% of its miners to CSC.
5) LOT becomes even more profitable due to a high block reward, difficulty of 0.7.  The pool moves 20% of the pool from DOGE to LOT, putting the split at 70/20/10.
6) The LOT block gets solved, new reward puts it much lower in profitability, all those miners return to DOGE.
7) CSC difficulty adjusts back up, those miners return to DOGE.

These are round numbers, but that's the idea of the new system.  The pool will factor in the total speed of the pool compared to the difficulty of the newly profitable coin, to determine a base amount of speed to move to the coin.  It will add a modifier based on how much more profitable the new coin is.

Since the new system no longer tracks per coin shares, the fact that you individually did not have your miner moved to CSC or LOT in that time frame does not mean you didn't benefit from the pool mining it.

I look forward to trying the new system, but I'm going to miss being able to mine individual coins with such ease.
legendary
Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000
But it takes minutes to hours to even mine the coin, then you have to wait for exchange, then you have to cash-in the BTC to get USD.
So, the fact that a coin is most profitable at any given moment doesn't mean much to me if I don't already have that coin ready for trading to USD.
By the time I actually get the mined coins and go through the exchange process to BTC, it may not be very profitable any longer.
I don't mind mining the most profitable coin, but what I really need is the ability to have coins in my wallet(s) ready to sell when the coin is the most profitable.
legendary
In your future algo u need to include one more factor: pool hashrate vs net hash rate for coin. There is no use to probe net of 200-300Gh/s with the current 2Gh/s of SG. For example, in the shift ID = 2560 SG,  having `2Gh/s has used more than 15% of its time to mine LTC of ~ 230 Gh/s and all in vain, no block was found. If instead this time was spend for CSC (~90 Mh/s) some extra BTC would flow to our wallets

The pool already penalizes high difficulty coins if the pool speed is low.  For the pool to hit LTC, it needs to be at least 15% more profitable than the next best alternative.  Variance is a bitch, but not mining LTC at all because the pool speed is low is going to hurt your income in the long run.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 635

The new system, once deployed, will be able to balance the pool hash rate over multiple profitable coins at once, where only a portion of the pool is moved based on what the difficulty of the highest profitable coin is.  This system will also prioritize moving miners with lower stale rates, meaning that less hash rate will be wasted due to moving people who have horrible configurations (intensity too high).

Example:

1) DOGE is the most profitable coin at a difficulty of 700.  100% of the pool is set to DOGE.
2) WDC becomes the most profitable at a difficulty of 13.  The pool moves 30% of its miners to WDC, leaving 70% of DOGE.
4) CSC becomes the most profitable at a difficulty of 0.8.  The pool moves 10% of its miners to CSC.
5) LOT becomes even more profitable due to a high block reward, difficulty of 0.7.  The pool moves 20% of the pool from DOGE to LOT, putting the split at 70/20/10.
6) The LOT block gets solved, new reward puts it much lower in profitability, all those miners return to DOGE.

legendary
Regarding manual vs auto:

Most coins are only worth mining for maybe 15-30 seconds at a time.  Due to all the "anti multipool" difficulty switchers, coins will change by factors of 5-10x in their difficulty, while their price moves only a fraction of that amount.  Manual switching cannot be done fast enough for proper profit switching, unless you're *guessing* on a coin having a rally, which is no different than gambling.

The new system, once deployed, will be able to balance the pool hash rate over multiple profitable coins at once, where only a portion of the pool is moved based on what the difficulty of the highest profitable coin is.  This system will also prioritize moving miners with lower stale rates, meaning that less hash rate will be wasted due to moving people who have horrible configurations (intensity too high).

Example:

1) DOGE is the most profitable coin at a difficulty of 700.  100% of the pool is set to DOGE.
2) WDC becomes the most profitable at a difficulty of 13.  The pool moves 30% of its miners to WDC, leaving 70% of DOGE.
4) CSC becomes the most profitable at a difficulty of 0.8.  The pool moves 10% of its miners to CSC.
5) LOT becomes even more profitable due to a high block reward, difficulty of 0.7.  The pool moves 20% of the pool from DOGE to LOT, putting the split at 70/20/10.

These are round numbers, but that's the idea of the new system.  The pool will factor in the total speed of the pool compared to the difficulty of the newly profitable coin, to determine a base amount of speed to move to the coin.  It will add a modifier based on how much more profitable the new coin is.

Since the new system no longer tracks per coin shares, the fact that you individually did not have your miner moved to CSC or LOT in that time frame does not mean you didn't benefit from the pool mining it.
Pages:
Jump to: