Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSING DOWN] ScryptGuild Auto-Switching Pool - page 17. (Read 102210 times)

Activity: 1358
Merit: 635
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
I agree with naska. I too use Scryptguild to mine individual coins. The ability to simply switch my workers over to a different coin is way easier than switching command line parameters on all the miners. As far as I know Scryptguild is the only pool that does this. In my opinion this feature is the true greatness of Scryptguild.

I haven't checked recently and a haven't checked against Scryptguilds auto-switching in a while, but the times I have compared my numbers against something like multipool's btc/mh/day numbers I've done better mining one shit coin.
...the human intellect is far more advanced than any AI system
Ah - you haven't read much on these forums, have you?  Grin

I don't really see much problem with letting the system do everything: it already endeavours to maintain the highest profitability by swapping the currently mined coin at intervals which may be just a few seconds; nobody is going to keep up with that manually.

legendary
Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000
My concern is that there is a large time lag between the mining and the conversion to BTC.
By the time conversion occurs, you generally don't get the peak price it was while you were mining it.

It doesn't do any good to mine the most profitable coin at any point in time, you really want to be selling the most profitable coin at any point in time.

The turnover between the most profitable coins is very fast (short), so mining coin XYZ when it's already selling at a high point doesn't do any good if I can't sell it till an hour or day later when I finally get it in my possession.
Activity: 677
Merit: 500
The auto-switch has always been a concern of mine.
It's based on the idea that you can mine the currently best priced coin based on something similar to USD/MHs/Day.
I admit that I don't know the exact algo being used, but the issue isn't with the algo, it's with the fact that if you mine any coin, it takes a while to get any return at all, unless you are throwing a new ASIC rig at it.
Then, it has to be converted to USD to capture the actual end-user value.
I don't see the good in mining the most profitable coin now when I won't be able to cash it in until later.
Seems to me better idea is to mine a set of coins that the user likes to mine, then after you have some in your wallet sell them if/when you see a price spike.

First, to nasaka21: you wouldn't want to set the coin you want to mine manually anyways because you'll essentially be solo mining.  When everyone else auto switches to another coin, you (and maybe a few people) will be the only one in the pool mining that coin.

Now to usao, I don't understand your concern.  I think letting the AI pick the most profitable coin THEN auto convert to BTC would give you the best return because it gets converted while it's considered profitable.  Plus, it's not converting to USD.  Profitability may be based on BTC not USD.

Also, you can turn off the auto convert if you rather keep and sell yourself at a later time.
legendary
Activity: 1109
The auto-switch has always been a concern of mine.
It's based on the idea that you can mine the currently best priced coin based on something similar to USD/MHs/Day.
I admit that I don't know the exact algo being used, but the issue isn't with the algo, it's with the fact that if you mine any coin, it takes a while to get any return at all, unless you are throwing a new ASIC rig at it.
Then, it has to be converted to USD to capture the actual end-user value.
I don't see the good in mining the most profitable coin now when I won't be able to cash it in until later.
Seems to me better idea is to mine a set of coins that the user likes to mine, then after you have some in your wallet sell them if/when you see a price spike.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Awesomeness. Putting back my meager 10mhs and start spreading the word.
Activity: 221
Merit: 100
...the human intellect is far more advanced than any AI system
Ah - you haven't read much on these forums, have you?  Grin

I don't really see much problem with letting the system do everything: it already endeavours to maintain the highest profitability by swapping the currently mined coin at intervals which may be just a few seconds; nobody is going to keep up with that manually.  No system will ever be perfect, but as long as it keeps turning in satisfactory earnings I am content to let the machine take the strain while I get on with my life.

I see the pool's hash rate is already creeping higher than it has been for some time - possibly the good news is already spreading?
Activity: 7
Yeeeeeeesssss  Grin - Thank you - thats all I can say at the Moment

Can´t wait to see the new Features

After a lot of consideration, the merger is likely not going to happen.  ScryptGuild is going to remain a separate entity from BTC Guild.

However, there are going to be some major revamps in how ScryptGuild operates over the next month, to make the process more user friendly, reduce the number of settings, and make it easier to track things like BTC per MH/s/day.  These changes will also be targetting making it easier to add/remove coins from the system.  Some more details will be posted over the weekend.

ScryptGuild is still going to be doing a server migration over the next month to get it connected to the BTC Guild colo for higher uptime and fewer networking issues which currently plague OVH.

The plan is removing the ability to pick a specific coin to mine, and having the pool stop tracking shares submitted to each coin.  Instead the pool will simply track shares submitted, and pool the rewards from all the blocks mined in a given shift and split it that way.  This will reduce the database overhead *significantly*, and also make it easier to add or remove coins to the system.  Users will be able to observe what coins were mined, the exchange rate that was paid for each coin, and then how that reward was split.

Users will be able to pick BTC or LTC for their converted amounts.

Part of this change will also be modifying the coin switching backend as it relates to lower difficulty coins, only moving a percentage of users to a low difficulty coin for example when it becomes the most profitable, something which is not possible to do right now since the system is specifically allocating a user's shares to a specific coin for reward splitting.

Activity: 125
Merit: 100
Great news! keep up the good work man :-)
This is awesome news!  Thanks for reconsidering!
Activity: 520
And I shall begin to spread the word!  Let us grow ScryptGuild to gigahashes!!!
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007
After a lot of consideration, the merger is likely not going to happen.  ScryptGuild is going to remain a separate entity from BTC Guild.

However, there are going to be some major revamps in how ScryptGuild operates over the next month, to make the process more user friendly, reduce the number of settings, and make it easier to track things like BTC per MH/s/day.  These changes will also be targetting making it easier to add/remove coins from the system.  Some more details will be posted over the weekend.

ScryptGuild is still going to be doing a server migration over the next month to get it connected to the BTC Guild colo for higher uptime and fewer networking issues which currently plague OVH.

The plan is removing the ability to pick a specific coin to mine, and having the pool stop tracking shares submitted to each coin.  Instead the pool will simply track shares submitted, and pool the rewards from all the blocks mined in a given shift and split it that way.  This will reduce the database overhead *significantly*, and also make it easier to add or remove coins to the system.  Users will be able to observe what coins were mined, the exchange rate that was paid for each coin, and then how that reward was split.

Users will be able to pick BTC or LTC for their converted amounts.

Part of this change will also be modifying the coin switching backend as it relates to lower difficulty coins, only moving a percentage of users to a low difficulty coin for example when it becomes the most profitable, something which is not possible to do right now since the system is specifically allocating a user's shares to a specific coin for reward splitting.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
What guytechi said. What would be the difference if only LTC DOGE left on ScryptGuild ? I love the site, more so than BTC Guild. You must have other reasons obviously but from user stand point ScryptGuild works fine.
OK so it is wrong for all 3 coins?

Anyway what about adding NVC and FTC and remove LTC. We just don't have horsepower for LTC...
Remove LTC? The core base of most scrypt coins? Why? It's still profitable!
Also, I hope Scryptguild never dies, I love it so much more than BTCguild
Look at difficulty and speed of the pool. You get incredibly big variance... That is why I recommended 2 alternatives...

I believe one of the reasons the speed of the pool is stagnant is because of the looming closure.  I would have told more friends and family to join up but not if it's about to shut down.  They'll hate me for that!

Scryptguild is solid.  If we're going to remove junk coins just to mine LTC and DOGE, then why not do so and keep Scryptguild going?  The auto convert to BTC that's in place now is awesome, and one of the biggest reasons why I mine here (and why I want to tell more people about Scryptguild).

If we merge with BTC Guild, please consider keeping the auto-convert feature.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007
Im in the pool and I'm don't getting paid out.  I got paid 5 times, then it just stopped.  The miners have been running with no problems for 5 days now, at a good clip but still...no pay out...anyone have any ideas?

Specifying which coin is helpful.
Activity: 2
Im in the pool and I'm don't getting paid out.  I got paid 5 times, then it just stopped.  The miners have been running with no problems for 5 days now, at a good clip but still...no pay out...anyone have any ideas?
Activity: 40
CSC was re-enabled after updating to the hard fork.  Since so few pools have updated it's actually worth switching to quite often.

BTW: Thanks for taking care of that.
Activity: 826
OK so it is wrong for all 3 coins?

Anyway what about adding NVC and FTC and remove LTC. We just don't have horsepower for LTC...
Remove LTC? The core base of most scrypt coins? Why? It's still profitable!
Also, I hope Scryptguild never dies, I love it so much more than BTCguild
Look at difficulty and speed of the pool. You get incredibly big variance... That is why I recommended 2 alternatives...
Pages:
Jump to: