Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSING DOWN] ScryptGuild Auto-Switching Pool - page 40. (Read 102241 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
ASIC's have really been hammering them all for sure.
The only alt coin benefiting is Litecoin.  It has made a steady rise in value for the last week or so from a low of $14 to over $19 as of today.

I had a feeling this would happen with the 1.6 dogecoin change.  It looks like ~80-90% of our time is now spent on DOGE, hopping to other coins only briefly when they either have a good block reward (MEOW/LOT), or have a difficulty drop for the KGW coins, or DOGE has a diff spike and we move off it til the next drop.

The profitability of multipools is really starting to suffer as more hash rate is being directed at them.  I'm looking to add 3 coins this week, but after that there will be a pause in new coins while I re-evaluate the pool profitability more.  I'm seeing a pretty grim future for profit switching pools given how fast coins are tanking in profitability.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007
I had a feeling this would happen with the 1.6 dogecoin change.  It looks like ~80-90% of our time is now spent on DOGE, hopping to other coins only briefly when they either have a good block reward (MEOW/LOT), or have a difficulty drop for the KGW coins, or DOGE has a diff spike and we move off it til the next drop.

The profitability of multipools is really starting to suffer as more hash rate is being directed at them.  I'm looking to add 3 coins this week, but after that there will be a pause in new coins while I re-evaluate the pool profitability more.  I'm seeing a pretty grim future for profit switching pools given how fast coins are tanking in profitability.
Activity: 221
Merit: 100
Without registering on the site, where can I see the supported coins by this pool?
ANC CSC DGC DOGE EAC FTC GLC LEAF LOT LTC MEOW MOON NVC SBC SMC TAG WDC
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
Without registering on the site, where can I see the supported coins by this pool?
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
Is it only me or profitability was really low for last ~24 hours? Pointing 15MH to it, got around 0.06 BTC.

For some reason profitability on junk coins keeps declining.

We need more coins! Smiley

M

yes more coins and more Doge style pump and dump's
legendary
Activity: 1540
Is it only me or profitability was really low for last ~24 hours? Pointing 15MH to it, got around 0.06 BTC.

For some reason profitability on junk coins keeps declining.

We need more coins! Smiley

M
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031
when will scryptguild be on poolpicker.eu for comparison with other multipools?
legendary
That is so cool.
I did not even know about it.
Thanks

Smiley Thanks.  I just added ScryptGuild support.

M
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
That is so cool.
I did not even know about it.
Thanks

Activity: 28
I know Lottocoin has had a delay in payouts recently, due to a user with a very high balance enabling auto payouts instead of auto convert, but the pool didn't have enough in the local lottocoind to make the payout.  This should be resolved in a few hours.  I'm going through the coins today and adjusting how much it holds locally and how much it pre-loads onto the exchange for conversion.

Is that causing the 0.0025 BTC/MH/day I got in the last 36 hours?
legendary
I'm getting occasional server offline messages from CloudFlare when connecting to the web site on HTTPS.  Usually happens when attempting to log in.  Error comes up when trying to retrieve the index page.  I can manually go to http://www.scryptguild.com/index.php and it will load.  Then I can switch back to HTTPS.  I just hope my login credentials haven't just been broadcast on unencrypted packets.

Cloudflare has been causing some major issues for the website recently, especially for users (and myself) who are connecting from the west coast (US).  I'm likely dropping their service soon.  ScryptGuild had a few delays this week with some changes at BTC Guild that required the majority of my attention.

I know Lottocoin has had a delay in payouts recently, due to a user with a very high balance enabling auto payouts instead of auto convert, but the pool didn't have enough in the local lottocoind to make the payout.  This should be resolved in a few hours.  I'm going through the coins today and adjusting how much it holds locally and how much it pre-loads onto the exchange for conversion.
legendary
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
I'm getting occasional server offline messages from CloudFlare when connecting to the web site on HTTPS.  Usually happens when attempting to log in.  Error comes up when trying to retrieve the index page.  I can manually go to http://www.scryptguild.com/index.php and it will load.  Then I can switch back to HTTPS.  I just hope my login credentials haven't just been broadcast on unencrypted packets.
legendary
See these posts from the op:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5574597
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5592086

Also, if you read thru the posts here after the 2nd link above, you'll see you're not the only one who came across this.  A few others have stated they were getting stales and didn't realize it until they came here.  They lowered their intensity, and the stales decreased.

I'm using a bunch of 280x at I=13 with an overall stale/reject rate of 0.74%.  Averaging about 720kh/s per card, some higher, some lower depending on brand.

M

Well, I can lower my intensity to 19 and get a hash rate that is about 13kh/s less.  I'll test it and see if the improvement in rejects is worth it.  Thanks for the info.  I may just have to live with the rejects if this doesn't work out.

As stated many times in this thread:  The stale rates will be higher on ScryptGuild because I don't care how ugly your reject rates are, I care how much profit is in a coin.  The pool applies penalties of 5-25% on coins with low difficulties in order to compensate for the expected stale rates when mining those coins.  If that coin is more profitable after the penalty, your stale rate will be higher but you will make more money in the end.  The pool is *over compensating* for expected stale rates on the average miner configuration [high intensity].
Activity: 29

Also, if you read thru the posts here after the 2nd link above, you'll see you're not the only one who came across this.  A few others have stated they were getting stales and didn't realize it until they came here.  They lowered their intensity, and the stales decreased.

I'm using a bunch of 280x at I=13 with an overall stale/reject rate of 0.74%.  Averaging about 720kh/s per card, some higher, some lower depending on brand.

M

Well, I can lower my intensity to 19 and get a hash rate that is about 13kh/s less.  I'll test it and see if the improvement in rejects is worth it.  Thanks for the info.  I may just have to live with the rejects if this doesn't work out.
legendary
I tried mining here but my rejects have just been creeping up to the point where it is not worth it.  Started at an already high ~5% for the first few days, almost 8% now.  Was getting ~2% on Wafflepool.  Add the lower Waffle fees in there and I don't think the profitability is higher enough (or really at all) on this pool to make up for that.

Also tried sgminer like someone here recommended but I got the same reject % with less kh.  Guess it's not the savior of mining programs like they made it out to be.

High stale rates usually means your intensity is set too high.

M

I don't understand how that's an intensity problem when it is fine on other pools, though.  These are R9 290 cards and they are running at I20 like everyone else runs them at.

M
Activity: 29
I tried mining here but my rejects have just been creeping up to the point where it is not worth it.  Started at an already high ~5% for the first few days, almost 8% now.  Was getting ~2% on Wafflepool.  Add the lower Waffle fees in there and I don't think the profitability is higher enough (or really at all) on this pool to make up for that.

Also tried sgminer like someone here recommended but I got the same reject % with less kh.  Guess it's not the savior of mining programs like they made it out to be.

High stale rates usually means your intensity is set too high.

M

I don't understand how that's an intensity problem when it is fine on other pools, though.  These are R9 290 cards and they are running at I20 like everyone else runs them at.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
Bait and Switch by ghash.io..
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
It appears that GHash.io are offering 200% payout for LTC mining for the next week.
Would it make sense to have ScryptGuild be able to proxy to GHash when that is the most profitable option?
Apparently you can't withdraw for 48 hours after the account is first opened.

Something of a bait-and-switch, as it turns out:
To prevent getting 51% of the Litecoin network, the reward multiplier will be adjusted according to the pool speed. Current multiplier: x1.25.

Pool Speed   Reward multiplier
0 – 40 GH/s   x2
40 – 60 GH/s   x1.25
60+ GH/s   x1
Pages:
Jump to: