Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSING DOWN] ScryptGuild Auto-Switching Pool - page 38. (Read 102241 times)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10
Can't the pool do a one-off exchange of MOON (and the other removed coins) on behalf of the users?
There must be many users who don't individually have enough of any one coin to be able to convert it at Cryptsy, but the pool in aggregate must have quite a lot?
It seems a little unfair otherwise, as we didn't choose mine MOON, the pool did.
If you don't have enough to exchange it at Cryptsy, how much do you really care about the 0.00000001 XBT it will probably convert to?
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Can't the pool do a one-off exchange of MOON (and the other removed coins) on behalf of the users?
There must be many users who don't individually have enough of any one coin to be able to convert it at Cryptsy, but the pool in aggregate must have quite a lot?
It seems a little unfair otherwise, as we didn't choose mine MOON, the pool did.
Activity: 221
Merit: 100
Ouch I have about 35.  LOL
I have 148.  Probably worth about twopence, so I shan't shed bitter tears over it.
Activity: 108
why convert Mooncoin (MOON) 14,126.68373811 not to BTC
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
Ouch I have about 35.  LOL

Very true and backs up what I said in a much better way.
Is Moon not able to be auto changed to BTC?
I don't even have a wallet for it.

I'm not sure if any exchanges have an active MOON/BTC market.  I know on Cryptsy you can trade it for LTC (then trade that for BTC).  Before you do, make sure you have enough for the minimum trades/withdrawals though.
Yeah, you can dump MOON at Cryptsy for LTC only, minimum 500.
legendary
I hope so before it goes poof.  LOL
Thanks for the information.
I had not thought of cryptsy.  I do not have much moon at all though I think it is well under the limit.  Any ideas on how to deal with it?

I'm not sure if any exchanges have an active MOON/BTC market.  I know on Cryptsy you can trade it for LTC (then trade that for BTC).  Before you do, make sure you have enough for the minimum trades/withdrawals though.
Activity: 626
Merit: 500
Mining since May 2011.

Yeah, you can dump MOON at Cryptsy for LTC only, minimum 500.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

legendary

Sun is not doing much better right now.
I think all the scrypt multipools are weeding out the strong from the weak coins.

SUN should be added to it. MOON sux

Basically this.  Multipools have become major holders of the scrypt hash rate, and as a result, any coin that doesn't have some kind of community is basically being nuked.  Scorched earth mining.  Pump & Dumps aren't even happening like they used to, which is what kept most coins from falling into oblivion in the first place.  It's pretty damn hard to pull a successful pump & dump when multipools will quickly mine a bunch of and dump it at whatever the highest bid is.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos
so ca nwe get list of coins on scryoptguild?
Activity: 626
Merit: 500
Mining since May 2011.
I think all the scrypt multipools are weeding out the strong from the weak coins.

Basically this.  Multipools have become major holders of the scrypt hash rate, and as a result, any coin that doesn't have some kind of community is basically being nuked.  Scorched earth mining.  Pump & Dumps aren't even happening like they used to, which is what kept most coins from falling into oblivion in the first place.  It's pretty damn hard to pull a successful pump & dump when multipools will quickly mine a bunch of and dump it at whatever the highest bid is.
I love it. Separating the rat shit from the pepper. Wink This has been a pretty fun experiment the last month or so.
legendary

legendary

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos
legendary
Oh crap.
Where the heck takes moon anymore?

cant  convert Mooncoin (MOON) 14,126.68373811 to Bitcoin

Activity: 108
cant  convert Mooncoin (MOON) 14,126.68373811 to Bitcoin
legendary
Eleuthria,

You need any more cpu cycles/vms for the server backend?  I have several cpu cycles to spare on my dell poweredge box I host in house at my facility. Just wanted to offer.

Keep up the good work. I split my time with my 20 mh/s here and renting with Betarigs.

Nope, the server runs quite well, better than expected honestly, considering how many of these junk coins are using extremely old & inefficient bitcoind/litecoind code.  The biggest problem right now is going to be database size, since it's running on SSDs.  The two largest tables are PPLNS shift details and the BTC conversion history.  The PPLNS table is getting an update on 4/1 when I remove those coins mentioned, and the BTC conversion table is probably going to have some code added to trim older transactions out and store them in a more space-efficient way.  The current DB schema is designed for speed rather than storage efficiency.
Activity: 160
Merit: 100
Eleuthria,

You need any more cpu cycles/vms for the server backend?  I have several cpu cycles to spare on my dell poweredge box I host in house at my facility. Just wanted to offer.

Keep up the good work. I split my time with my 20 mh/s here and renting with Betarigs.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Depending on how the next month plays out, ScryptGuild may be changed to a more traditional pool for DOGE+LTC, with profit switching between those two (and maybe 2-3 other coins, like WDC, which have shown consistency).

Thats good news!!! Keep it up!
Pages:
Jump to: