Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSING DOWN] ScryptGuild Auto-Switching Pool - page 49. (Read 102241 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
joined this pool today and seems i keep getting new blocks to solve before submitting any shares

CG keeps advising "stratum from pool 0 detected new block"

i only have 361kh (gridseed) - is there anyway to set this up so i can submit more shares rather than having to work on a new block and my work be lost?

or maybe im understanding it all wrong.

so far i have submitted 656 shares and got rejected 64 shares from CG. but its been stuck there for a while because i keep getting new blocks.

blocks switch regularly.  sometimes it's a new block on that coin, othertimes it's another coin altogether.  what difficulty do you have your worker set to?  maybe lower it, it'll increase your odds of getting a share through.

M
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Is there an issue with registrations right now?

Keep getting The username/password combination you entered did not match any of our records. (even after resetting)
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
joined this pool today and seems i keep getting new blocks to solve before submitting any shares

CG keeps advising "stratum from pool 0 detected new block"

i only have 361kh (gridseed) - is there anyway to set this up so i can submit more shares rather than having to work on a new block and my work be lost?

or maybe im understanding it all wrong.

so far i have submitted 656 shares and got rejected 64 shares from CG. but its been stuck there for a while because i keep getting new blocks.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
I'm averaging 0.6% right now here.

EDIT: just redid the math, at 0.714% right now.

M

I can only assume you're running at a lower intensity (or running on ASICs).  You can probably squeeze more speed out of your cards.  In general, a  2-3% stale rate is worth it because you'll get a 5-10% increase in speed.

that what i am at is between 2% and 3% stale rate so i guess i configured my stuff right ..
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
I was speaking of intensities over 20.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
when i have time i will look at them again. what is acceptable stale rate for this multi-coin pool ??

It varies by hardware.  Faster hardware can handle higher intensities with less "dead time" where it ignores the new block updates.  The pool puts penalties of 5-20% on the profit rating for low difficulty coins depending on just how low it is.

If you run at low intensities your stale rate will be in the sub-1% no matter what coin we mine.  But that might cost you more in speed than you gain in lack of stales.  So it's a balancing act.

i notice this because when i went to I 14 i gained 25 khs while stales did not really become more.

and my other card shows no hashrate at 1 13 ..

i will mess with it more when i bring my 290x's online next week .. thanks for the reply.
Activity: 75
IMHO, no.  It may increase your khs a bit, but you are also going to get more rejects.  I think xintensity is of more value.
On my 5870, I get about 150 kh/s at I=12, and 400 kh/s at I=18; that's pretty significant, even if I'm paying a little in stales (about 4.8%, and I think some of that is network-related too, since I'm about 300ms away from the servers).

M

I can only assume you're running at a lower intensity (or running on ASICs).  You can probably squeeze more speed out of your cards.  In general, a  2-3% stale rate is worth it because you'll get a 5-10% increase in speed.

Nope, all GPUs.  Using cgminer, I=13.  My speeds are par with what I'm seeing.. 280x cards, varying between 700kh/s and 750kh/s depending on model.  If I make the intensity higher, my hashrate plummets. 

I think the others using I=20 must be using sgminer.  I thought I read somewhere that sgminer was changed to allow up to I=20.

M

Actually allows for I up to 31.

Is there any value to it?  Do you get significantly higher hashrates?  I haven't tried sgminer because the official version is linux only, and linux and I don't mix well.

M

IMHO, no.  It may increase your khs a bit, but you are also going to get more rejects.  I think xintensity is of more value.
legendary

M

I can only assume you're running at a lower intensity (or running on ASICs).  You can probably squeeze more speed out of your cards.  In general, a  2-3% stale rate is worth it because you'll get a 5-10% increase in speed.

Nope, all GPUs.  Using cgminer, I=13.  My speeds are par with what I'm seeing.. 280x cards, varying between 700kh/s and 750kh/s depending on model.  If I make the intensity higher, my hashrate plummets. 

I think the others using I=20 must be using sgminer.  I thought I read somewhere that sgminer was changed to allow up to I=20.

M

Is there any value to it?  Do you get significantly higher hashrates?  I haven't tried sgminer because the official version is linux only, and linux and I don't mix well.

M
Activity: 221
Merit: 100
A question, has anyone figured out whether mining these coins with GPUs and then converting the result to Bitcoin makes any more than mining Bitcoin directly with the GPUs? Just curious.
I have one pc dedicated to mining running 24/7: BFGminer controls a 7GH/s Jalapeno and two 333MH/s Block Eruptors, with work being shared equally between Slush and BTCguild.  The value of the BTC mined in each pool is roughly equal, give or take.

On the same pc, Scryptguild is worked by a GPU (cgminer) and the CPU (minerd), with occasional additional CPU mining on two other machines when they happen to be turned on. 

At the point when I started Scrypt mining, my BTCguild account had a small head start with a credit of around 0.00020000.  Since then, it has risen to 0.00392241.  Scryptguild, starting at zero, currently has a BTC credit of 0.00408225, plus an approximate BTC value of 0.00052246 in other coins not yet converted.

So today GPU+CPU mining in Scryptguild has just overtaken ASIC mining in BTCguild, and far outstrips what little could have been mined there using a GPU alone.

M

M

donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.

M

I improved my stale rate (on ASICs) from 3.2% to ~2% by improving the WIFI. I'm not sure why that should work, but it has.
Activity: 626
Merit: 500
Mining since May 2011.
A question, has anyone figured out whether mining these coins with GPUs and then converting the result to Bitcoin makes any more than mining Bitcoin directly with the GPUs? Just curious.

I totally get the Hobby aspect of all this. I can see that doing this can be fun. I'm just curious as to if there is a hidden benefit.  Grin

IMHO it's automated pump and dump. Grin If some fool wants these coins and I get BTC, by all means. I used to be very negative about the Alts and never wanted to get involved. I felt they detracted from the one true coin and all that. But now with ScriptGuild and a pool Op I trust, we're both able to make a little scratch off hardware I had laying around from the old days when I started mining BTC. It's the gift that keeps on giving. For me it's only because I have all this excess hardware that has already paid for itself 100x over that it even seems worth it. I still don't get why anyone would want a MEOW or a MOON coin, but as long as I can roll that over into something more 2.0ish like Bitshares, NXT, and Ethereum, I'll keep playing the game. Cool
legendary

M

M
legendary
Activity: 1750

I totally get the Hobby aspect of all this. I can see that doing this can be fun. I'm just curious as to if there is a hidden benefit.  Grin

You will make SIGNIFICANTLY more on a profit switching pool than you would straight GPU mining Bitcoin.  You will make a good deal more than you would straight mining Litecoin.
Activity: 490
Merit: 501

legendary
Idle Warning emails are now functioning properly.  Every 5 minutes the pool checks for any workers which have gone beyond their idle warning threshold and shoots out an email to notify the user.  It bundles multiple notifications into a single email if multiple workers all went idle at the same time.  Only one email is triggered per idle event, meaning you won't receive additional notifications until your worker has become active again.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
ScryptGuild Android app is now searchable on the Google Play store.  Just search for "Scryptguild" and it should pull it up. Smiley  Enjoy!
legendary

M

legendary
I did include in my calculation the reject rate I got here and what I usually get on other pools (in CM and SG I get 5%~ reject with -i 18, 3%~ on hashcows and MC and 0-0.3% on Waffle).

Just going to let you know one thing:  If you see 0-0.3% on Waffle, they are probably lying to you on Stales by marking stale shares as valid (which doesn't impact earnings at all on a non-PPS payment method, since everybody is getting lied to, and it actually benefits people with bad setups over people with proper setups).  This was a very common activity on Bitcoin pools in the getwork days to make people think they were performing better than competition.  The only way you'd get 0-0.3% is if they are 100% on Auroracoin and Litecoin, and even then it's EXTREMELY unlikely unless you're running low intensity and have a basically direct connection to the pool.

0.3% reject rate is literally impossible to achieve on an Scrypt pool on high block rate coins due to how intensity works and the frequency of blocks.  If the pool is outright excluding low difficulty coins, they are not making you as much money as they could just for the sake of prettier stats.  As stated previously, ScryptGuild applies heavy penalties to low difficulty coins, fully expecting a big spike in stales when it mines them.  Getting a 5-9% stale on a coin which has been penalized 10% for it's low difficulty still makes it more profitable than the alternatives.

M
Pages:
Jump to: