Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSING DOWN] ScryptGuild Auto-Switching Pool - page 50. (Read 102241 times)

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007
The pool is now automatically refilling its balances on Cryptsy on a regular basis.  This will prevent certain coins from piling up overnight (WDC has been the biggest culprit) without automatically converting.
legendary
I did include in my calculation the reject rate I got here and what I usually get on other pools (in CM and SG I get 5%~ reject with -i 18, 3%~ on hashcows and MC and 0-0.3% on Waffle).

Just going to let you know one thing:  If you see 0-0.3% on Waffle, they are probably lying to you on Stales by marking stale shares as valid (which doesn't impact earnings at all on a non-PPS payment method, since everybody is getting lied to, and it actually benefits people with bad setups over people with proper setups).  This was a very common activity on Bitcoin pools in the getwork days to make people think they were performing better than competition.  The only way you'd get 0-0.3% is if they are 100% on Auroracoin and Litecoin, and even then it's EXTREMELY unlikely unless you're running low intensity and have a basically direct connection to the pool.

0.3% reject rate is literally impossible to achieve on an Scrypt pool on high block rate coins due to how intensity works and the frequency of blocks.  If the pool is outright excluding low difficulty coins, they are not making you as much money as they could just for the sake of prettier stats.  As stated previously, ScryptGuild applies heavy penalties to low difficulty coins, fully expecting a big spike in stales when it mines them.  Getting a 5-9% stale on a coin which has been penalized 10% for it's low difficulty still makes it more profitable than the alternatives.
legendary
Neither API nor dash`board are recognising any worker data

API: {"worker_stats":[0],"error":null}
dashboard: "Worker summary" table is empty

However my shares seem to be accepted by the pool. As I mentioned before it's not a big problem but I've added a couple more miners tonight and I don't know if I've set them up properly. Any ideas?

Did you hide toggle off the visibility of your workers on the management page?
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
OT - The forum has just thrown up a banner ad for "ponzicoin.co".  Now is it just me, or is that a bad choice of name for somebody trying to gain trust?  Grin

It pays returns based on new people coming in... What would you have them call it?
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
Thanks for the great pool

The only issue I have had is my WDC stopped auto converting to BTC a few rounds back.  I have verified all my account setting and my WDC should be auto converting but it isnt

Thanks again for great pool

WDC doesn't seem to convert as often as the others.  Maybe a cryptsy API issue?

Also, I got an EAC payout for no reason whatsoever.  It's been auto converting for days now.  Just like the two MOON payouts I got for no reason a day or two ago.

M
Activity: 197
Merit: 100
Thanks for the great pool

The only issue I have had is my WDC stopped auto converting to BTC a few rounds back.  I have verified all my account setting and my WDC should be auto converting but it isnt

Thanks again for great pool
Activity: 221
Merit: 100
OT - The forum has just thrown up a banner ad for "ponzicoin.co".  Now is it just me, or is that a bad choice of name for somebody trying to gain trust?  Grin
Activity: 12
the android app is also working as expected

Awesome!  Thanks for giving it a shot.  Let me know if you have any suggestions! Cheesy
donator
Activity: 2058
Poor impulse control.
Any hint how much BTC/Mh/s do we have here?

Scaling up from my own results, I'd guess somewhere around 0.007-0.0075 BTC/Mh/s, but that is pretty rough.

Pretty rough indeed - that's 604 BTC per Mhps per day !
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
You guys with high rejects need to look into running sgminer 4.1 via windows or BAMT.  If you run g 2 with xintensity it will cut your stales in half.
Edit: across my rigs, I have 0.7% stales.

I run sgminer 4.1 on windows with xint (111 = -i 18~) and R9 290 doesn't work well with -g 2.

Don't post a reply based on false assumptions next time.

Frankly at this point if you aren't using sgminer you are mining wrong.

Not that it applies to me, but this is pure bullshit.

Well you're assumption must be false then also.  I run two 290x with g 2 and it beats, hands down by far, my g 1 xintensity and regular intensity settings.  And my stales are 1/2 the g1 to boot.

Enjoy your less than optimal setup.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Scaling up from my own results, I'd guess somewhere around 0.007-0.0075 BTC/Mh/s, but that is pretty rough.
Activity: 6
also switched to this pool only 1 mh/s but every hash counts Wink

so far so good.

the android app is also working as expected
Activity: 363
Whohaaaa, we found a LTC-block today  Grin
Activity: 364
Merit: 253
Activity: 336
throwing my 7.5MH/s at scryptguild now.....we need more juice!!
donator
Activity: 2058
Poor impulse control.
Neither API nor dash`board are recognising any worker data

API: {"worker_stats":[0],"error":null}
dashboard: "Worker summary" table is empty

However my shares seem to be accepted by the pool. As I mentioned before it's not a big problem but I've added a couple more miners tonight and I don't know if I've set them up properly. Any ideas?
Activity: 25
I just started yesterday with my small rig, the interface is nice and no disconnects when switching coins. But unless you add more coins fast, it's better to mine on a doge pool with much bigger hashrate.

You said that you don't want to restart when adding new coins but 5 min downtime is nothing. Just add them.
You guys with high rejects need to look into running sgminer 4.1 via windows or BAMT.  If you run g 2 with xintensity it will cut your stales in half.

I run sgminer 4.1 on windows with xint (111 = -i 18~) and R9 290 doesn't work well with -g 2.

Don't post a reply based on false assumptions next time.

Frankly at this point if you aren't using sgminer you are mining wrong.

Not that it applies to me, but this is pure bullshit.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
You guys with high rejects need to look into running sgminer 4.1 via windows or BAMT.  If you run g 2 with xintensity it will cut your stales in half.  Frankly at this point if you aren't using sgminer you are mining wrong.

Thanks for the info.  I get similar reject rates that you report on waffle.  

It's interesting to see all the new multi-scrypt coin pool popping up.  So far I can't see any clear reason to choose one over another.  The margins are all pretty close and fluctuate by what appears to be luck mixed in with some trading luck/timing as well.    Although it does seem like MC has more bad days lately.  I think that pool's strategy relied more on luck which is better with more hash power.. just my educated guess though.

edit: I was on MC for about a month and more recently have been trying Waffle while watching new pools with great interest.

I personally am at CM and have been for about 2 weeks (since MC sunk in profitability), minus a few days testing other pools. It has the highest profitability average so far, has informative website and the owner communicates really well with the community (unlike h2o).
Obviously, the most important part (for me anyway) is the profitability.

SG is really close, if they can increase profitability and / or reduce the reject than it might be worth a shot. Although gotta keep in mind that the fee here is quite high, 2% base + 1.3% for exchanging (from my understanding, correct me if I'm wrong). 3.3% fee is the 2nd highest among switching pools and for the end user has the same affect as rejects.
Pages:
Jump to: