Pages:
Author

Topic: CoinCanary.org [No Longer Updated] - All Known Vendors and Status - page 3. (Read 35062 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Swiss Money all around me!
I think you're maybe being a little hard on KnC, especially considering their affiliation with an established chip producer (OrSoC), registration with the Swiss government, and open-day events, but we shall see...

Wait wat?
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
Knc is sold out anyway. I've boughten and now the test.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
I think you're maybe being a little hard on KnC, especially considering their affiliation with an established chip producer (OrSoC), registration with the Swiss government, and open-day events, but we shall see...
legendary
Lol one scam LITERALLY had it more expensive.

* 25GH model is more expensive (in GH-per-$) that 5GH model
Isnt this common practice?
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003
* 25GH model is more expensive (in GH-per-$) that 5GH model
Isnt this common practice?
donator
Activity: 2352
between a rock and a block!

He was kidding. But you have two usernames? And how is canary related to mining?

No, I'm just me Smiley

Canaries were used in the days before better air quality testing gear was available to miners. Much of the time there would be toxic gases released with digging, most notably carbon monoxide that is colorless and odorless (poisonous to humans). A canary was put in the mine ahead of the miners themselves, and if the canary died, they would know it was likely not safe for them either. This practice is no longer done in the civilized world of course, but long ago it was the only way to detect deadly gasses before the advent of mechanical air sensors.

The concept here is similar, much like the analog of real gold mining to digital Bitcoin mining, the scope is to alert miners to the information and dangers surrounding these many startups/scams before people get suckered.
Actually, if the canary died in the mine back then, people ran faster than "like hell" outta there... Because death was imminent. Needless to say some died anyway due to getting stampeded...
Activity: 742
Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3
Now we know where all the BFL products went.
Activity: 752
But isn't it all made in China anyway.  It's more likely than someone in the USA saying they're making cheap Asics.  And how convenient they don't respond to emails unless you buy something and can put the serial number in the subject line.  HAHA!
legendary
Too bad it's a scam and soon they will have bfl photos, their Photoshop guy is late
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
2 BTC for 5 GH/s? This is cheap, if it only wasn't a likely scam..
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
www.DonateMedia.org
www.DonateMedia.org
Activity: 123
im getting this when i got to btcminingrigs.com
NOTICE: This domain name expired on 06/06/2013 and is pending renewal or deletion.

I apologize. I fixed the link. Smiley Its rig not rigs.
I don't see anything here about DeepBit "Reclaimer" ASICs

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=108375.0;all

Thoughts?
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
im getting this when i got to btcminingrigs.com
NOTICE: This domain name expired on 06/06/2013 and is pending renewal or deletion.
Activity: 123
Hey. A new website just popped up named "btcminingrigs"

Here is the link : btcminingrig.com

They definitely look like a complete scam to me!

Ill let you read what it says on the website below.

"In stock ready to ship. Limited Availability - Just 550 Units allocated"

They are selling BFL products, the 5GH/s, the 25GH/s and the 50GH/s.

Claiming they have all the products in stock ready to ship, and receive within 10 days.
Quote their website --> "BTC ASIC miners are ready to ship and delivered within ten days"

They have some pictures of the products which are exactly the same as the ones on BFL. Definitely looks like a complete scam. Here are some of the pics they post on the website.

and

And get this, their number for support is not even in use!  Huh

Here are a few quotes from "inuyasha" on another thread here.

"Smells like same guy/people as ASICrigs.com (see for yourself -- design, descriptions, ... )

* Everything installs automatically in your computer -- same as ASICrigs and totally stupid for anyone who is actually mining bitcoins -- but it's not for those of course
* BFL design ripoff with removed logo (same as ASICrigs.com had)
* lots and lots of inconsistencies
* pricing is crazy (chips cost that much as the complete miner), 25GH model is more expensive (in GH-per-$) that 5GH model
* Avalon chips in ANY design probably wouldn't even fit in the box for a 5GH/s miner not speaking about 25GH "model" -- with same case as 5GH/s (...to save costs -- reply in comments -- lol).
* No mention about power consumption.
* with avalon chips 25GH/s miner would take about ~230W -- I would like to see that power source which would fit (together with the miner inside that mini-case) -- even BFL, whose design they've ripped off, has external power sources
* I'm not really sure avalon has sent ANY chips (apart from samples) to anyone -- yet they have full stock of miners with 24822.695 chips
* apparently they're not selling any (cause the stock is still the same)"

Anyway, please add them to the list. Save a lot of people from getting scammed. That is just my opinion, if someone would like to dig in some more feel free!

www.DonateMedia.org
Did you pick up the ltc asic companies on the litecoin forum?

Check out this BitBar Scrypt ASIC power supply  Roll Eyes

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=238620.40

I found this one https://forum.litecoin.net/index.php/topic,4311.0.html, are there more?
Activity: 742
Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3
reserved
You can just click notify or watch below.
www.DonateMedia.org
Hello coincanary, very nice initiative!
Would be possible to add hashtec to your list ?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2406228

Absolutely, nice find  Cool
Pages:
Jump to: