Pages:
Author

Topic: CoinCanary.org [No Longer Updated] - All Known Vendors and Status - page 5. (Read 35062 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3
Many simply are overwhelmed and were not aware what they were getting into when the began.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
He was kidding. But you have two usernames? And how is canary related to mining?
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
www.DonateMedia.org
I see that you like the idea behind my name...

And both of you are in the hardware game! Schizophrenia same person Huh

Uh oh.  I saw this coming..  I thought you may have felt co-opted by this name choice.  Smiley

Well to be fair, it is mining concept older than anyone on here.

Canary I do apologize if you feel slighted at all by that, you should know I did not base it off of your username (this is the first time I have seen it Smiley).
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
decentralizedhashing.com
Uh oh.  I saw this coming..  I thought you may have felt co-opted by this name choice.  Smiley
legendary
And both of you are in the hardware game! Schizophrenia same person Huh
legendary
donator
Activity: 2352
between a rock and a block!
I see that you like the idea behind my name...
decentralizedhashing.com
www.DonateMedia.org
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Swiss Money all around me!
Information for KNCMining?
www.DonateMedia.org
So the official story is (and you can see this) that for all the unknown activity in a country they put in a spike directly in the middle.  I just don't know who to trust anymore though, with all the money floating around.  This seems reasonable.. but if a person masked their IP how can you tell what country they're from?  couldn't they just reroute to another country?
Anyway I really don't know the complete story here.  I find it quite likely that the spike really is from what they say.  Then again none of Inaba's comments have made me more comfortable about things.  
Everyone says to cool down they are finally starting to ship.  Oh sure, after their long testing phase?  Gonna wait to ship till they're worthless?  People bought these products because they were told they could make a certain profit from them.  They have been pushed back constantly, to the point that people who actually believe a word coming out of their mouth gives me pause.
Maybe the real question is how much of the world spikes are caused by them.

This would make sense, may very well just be a coincidence with BFL speculation that they might just be mining with their own hardware. It has been proven they have been testing on the live net and not test net as they should be...

Anyway, I made up a logo for what will be the full out CoinCanary mining website, this is a rough one  Smiley

decentralizedhashing.com
So the official story is (and you can see this) that for all the unknown activity in a country they put in a spike directly in the middle.  I just don't know who to trust anymore though, with all the money floating around.  This seems reasonable.. but if a person masked their IP how can you tell what country they're from?  couldn't they just reroute to another country?
Anyway I really don't know the complete story here.  I find it quite likely that the spike really is from what they say.  Then again none of Inaba's comments have made me more comfortable about things. 
Everyone says to cool down they are finally starting to ship.  Oh sure, after their long testing phase?  Gonna wait to ship till they're worthless?  People bought these products because they were told they could make a certain profit from them.  They have been pushed back constantly, to the point that people who actually believe a word coming out of their mouth gives me pause.
Maybe the real question is how much of the world spikes are caused by them.
www.DonateMedia.org
I have to say that spike coming out of Kansas is really strange. I remember it being debunked in another thread about it though it is still too odd to ignore. I've searched myself for other organizations that are running hashfarms there and have found none. Such a spike can only be created by a large farm...

Updated to include BitFury and some updates to Butterfly Labs latest crimes against humanity
decentralizedhashing.com
The only time it's not really a risk is if it's a successful person or company that's finished one project, delivered, and then put another up.
Like CABLEPAIR!  ...Wait...

Unless you are BFL, who previously did deliver FPGAs, and used that rep to bilk 1000s of people out of millions of dollars without any return so far aside a tiny few Jalepenos

This is the 'Most stable miner' category of the list..   http://blockchain.info/nodes-globe?series=mostStable
=\
I should just take them off my list, this is ridiculous.

-edit 
Ok done.  They are off the list.  I will not support this company by sending people to them while they are so blatantly violating the trust of the community.  Can't even find cheap hosting somewhere for their scheming?

I'm pushing all the Avalon chip orders back a few months too.  I see no reason to believe that 9-10 weeks is a reasonable estimate.
www.DonateMedia.org
The only time it's not really a risk is if it's a successful person or company that's finished one project, delivered, and then put another up.
Like CABLEPAIR!  ...Wait...

Unless you are BFL, who previously did deliver FPGAs, and used that rep to bilk 1000s of people out of millions of dollars without any return so far aside a tiny few Jalepenos
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Manateeeeeeees
Like CABLEPAIR!  ...Wait...
KS
Activity: 448

As I pointed out in another thread, I would leave Bitwize be. Unless some employee or other is involved, I have worked with them in the past and they're legit (or were then, at least).

Not that I wouldn't put it past certain ppl, but it would be moronic to "like" your company/employer on your own scam page. There is probably some link or other to be made, as Bitwize is a "local" competitor, but I don't think it's at company level.

It is difficult to discount the linkage though, why is it there at all? If Bitwize is behind a host of scam sites I think that deserves to be recognized as well, however I have no direct proof of this, but strange nonetheless

Yes, but I'm not sure about the kind of link that can be deducted. Bitwize is in the business of creating websites, their designs are nice and they don't cost an arm and a leg (they're like 1/10th what I would pay if I had it made in the EU).

I guess some scammers are upping their game in the design dept. The mumbo-jumbo is still there though, which is a good thing Smiley

In of itself it is a trivial detail really, I just thought it was kind of odd for a business to actively promote their web dev. It makes me wonder a little if there is more connection there than a simple hired design team, especially as it is attached to other things from Fahad Koumaiha

I think it might be a way to legitimize the scam by using someone else's good reputation (Bitwize here). Or it could be that Bitwize now promote themselves with the "like" button. In this case, it's a FAIL though... Smiley
www.DonateMedia.org

As I pointed out in another thread, I would leave Bitwize be. Unless some employee or other is involved, I have worked with them in the past and they're legit (or were then, at least).

Not that I wouldn't put it past certain ppl, but it would be moronic to "like" your company/employer on your own scam page. There is probably some link or other to be made, as Bitwize is a "local" competitor, but I don't think it's at company level.

It is difficult to discount the linkage though, why is it there at all? If Bitwize is behind a host of scam sites I think that deserves to be recognized as well, however I have no direct proof of this, but strange nonetheless

Yes, but I'm not sure about the kind of link that can be deducted. Bitwize is in the business of creating websites, their designs are nice and they don't cost an arm and a leg (they're like 1/10th what I would pay if I had it made in the EU).

I guess some scammers are upping their game in the design dept. The mumbo-jumbo is still there though, which is a good thing Smiley

In of itself it is a trivial detail really, I just thought it was kind of odd for a business to actively promote their web dev. It makes me wonder a little if there is more connection there than a simple hired design team, especially as it is attached to other things from Fahad Koumaiha
KS
Activity: 448

legendary
Activity: 966
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
Ouch:     Shocked

Zach Penny on May 16

I've Sent this:

Regarding: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crypteks/crypteks-usbtm-encrypted-and-lockable-usb-solution

This Project has been going on for nearly 2 years no with no meaningful updates, and a lot of misinformation. The project creator has offered refunds, with which most of us submitted our information in hopes of getting a refund just to be done with the project.

However, with their last update they requested a large amount of information regarding backers. So far there has been only radio silence, which it's very promising considering the amount of information they asked for in their update.

Not only has Kickstarter not stepped in and aided the backers of this project, but for nearly 2 years you have allowed this to go on, and have profited from what appears to be a scam on the users. Which has no resulted in frustration and cause users to send information to the project creator that could be potentially used for identity theft.

I am going to be in contact with a lawyer in the near future, and depending on the response/assistance received from this contact will determine whether or not the lawsuit will contain your name alongside Cryptrade's. 989 Backers have been defrauded of their money, and Kickstarter profited from it.

I've copied several comments, as well as updates from the site, and this 'letter' will be sent to all the major tech blogs regarding this fiasco.

Unfortunately, this has kept me from backing several projects that I would have liked to been a part of, but Kickstarter's lack of effort to sort this out, and the sour taste this project has left me with will probably cause me to never back a project here ever again.
Pages:
Jump to: