Pages:
Author

Topic: CoinCanary.org [No Longer Updated] - All Known Vendors and Status - page 7. (Read 35062 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
www.DonateMedia.org
List updated, I added a few things

BFL is green but people are still not very happy with them, they have shipped a few Jalepeno's though.
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
As promised, we have an update we wanted to let everyone know about in regards to our ASIC Rigs product lines.

At the present time, we are anticipating that we will have our first batch of ASIC devices ready to ship to customers by the first week in August 2013, our website will reflect this shipping date change shortly.

We are currently awaiting our first fully functional device for in-house testing next week, after which time we will be able to post further specifics on our base model, the AR2, shortly after we will be able to give technical specifications on the AR5 and then shortly after that, our AR10 model. We are also anticipating being able to show several images and video of the working devices as each is tested in-house.

Further announcements will follow as we have more information to give those of you wanting to purchase one of our ASIC Rigs mining devices.

Thank you for your patience in waiting for news over the past month while we have been working on sourcing working chipsets, casing providers and component assembly companies, we are now confident that we should be able to bring all of our ASIC devices to market within the next couple of months and we are also happy that we will finally be able to lay rest to accusations of being a scam company.

Please visit and bookmark our website at http://www.asicrigs.com and visit our Facebook page for more information over the coming weeks.

Thank you for your interest in our ASIC mining devices and we look forward to being able to do business with you soon Smiley
Activity: 752
Merit: 500
Plain and simple.  When I first found out about bitcoin, I called my coder friend.  He's a genius, knew google was amazing back in 2000.  I asked him if bitcoin was a scam, he replied, "No, the GPU manufacturers are the scam."  So I ordered a few BFL's.  "SMACK!"
Activity: 924
Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....
Activity: 59
Posted this in the other thread discussing our company and product line on BitCoinTalk but wanted to post it in here too...

Okay, so I have just got out of a meeting with the company owner and after bringing up several of the suggestions, comments and concerns in this thread, this is what has been decided.

No, we will not be changing anything on our website, unless we absolutely have to.

We were not the ones that brought it to the public eye so we are not going to make any changes until we are ready to do so as a company, you don't like that, don't do business with us, plain and simple.

Once we have further information about our ASIC line we will let everyone know, when we are ready to, not before hand, ask away as much as you want on here and any other message forum, you'll be given the same answer... None.

When we are ready to let you know about the technicalities and finer points of our product line, we will.

Bottom line is this, no matter how many times we answer people's questions, no matter how many times we have gone out of our way to try and assure people we are a legitimate business, we are still getting slammed.

Well, slam away, we're going to be focusing on running our business and getting all of our products ready for market, not speculation, rumor and opinion posted on a message board by anonymous persons on a witch hunt.

We have been more than willing to discuss the issues as they have arisen but people obviously do not want to listen to, or believe the answers we are posting whilst those same answers get twisted out of their meaning by individuals looking to make them fit their agenda.

Right now, we do not care if you want to pre-order any of our ASIC models (that are currently not available to ship) or wait until we have honored our agreement to send the first 5 to members of this board by escrow facilitated by John K, but the bottom line is this...

Think we are scammers? Out to screw you over? Don't do any business with us, it's that simple. It's your choice.

We tried the 'this is where we are at route' and its obviously not what you folks want to hear so fuck it, when we are ready to let you know more about our ASIC product line, we will, until then we will only be posting publicly about our GPU Rigs product line.

Deuces...
Activity: 924
Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....
It seems what we need here is to voice the overall feeling of the community when it comes to whether a business is a scam or not, so I will begin generating community polls to reflect this over the color coded method.

No, what we need is a ban on members who make threads like this, believing they are the "authority" on what is a "scam" and what is not. You are also assuming that the vast majority of people here are incapable of discerning whether or not they can trust a company - in other words you think they're all stupid. The people who do get roped into a scam are usually victims of their own greed.

Unless you have any FACTUAL EVIDENCE that support your allegation that a specific company is engaging in fraudulent activities, you should keep your mouth and your speculations to yourself.

I will simply otherwise only add relevant facts to the database as we come across them supporting both sides of scam or legitimate.

How about you start by giving us a full disclosure on yourself. Your real name? Your address? Your phone number where we can call if we have to check up on any of your "relevant facts".

This should do away possible bias from me personally in deciding what status is declared.

Does this sound like the direction we should go?

The direction you should go is away!

The folks reading this thread should recall that the whole idea behind bitcoins "anonymity and freedom from centralized control". This fool wants to appoint himself as a federal regulator.

Not a Federal Regulator - a Union man is what he is...... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1765912
www.DonateMedia.org
A federal regulator? Ease up tough guy.

I just wanted to organize something communal for consumer awareness in dealing with these companies, because a lot of them are scammers. I'm not appointing myself anything but a record keeper of relevant facts in a collected place so instead of countless "is it a scam" threads for an easy assessment.

The criteria you are putting forth as deciding whether or not a company is a "scam" or not is based on conjecture. The only valid criteria would be placing a test order with a particular company and monitoring the results. Do they deliver as promised or not is the only point that matters.

I am going to entirely reformat this into more of a factsheet and instead of a firing squad., simplify it based on who has shipped or not and and relevant data about these businesses.

If this goes off course I am happy to request this thread be pulled myself. Maybe, BTC-Joe you could offer a better idea instead of calling me some kind of crypto-facist and instigating a flame war.

What you should have done is started a list rewards businesses who live up to their promises by highlighting the good ones. Instead you decided to label all of them "scammers" and put the onus of disproving said indictment on the business owner.

Bitcoins are new. Most of the bitcoin-related businesses are new. They are all going to go through growing pains and have issues to work out. A certain percentage of them will turn out to be scammers...but you don't burn down a city to ensure that a few people have nowhere to hide.

Indeed, I thought about something like a Bitcoin Business Bureau, a place for a community vote to reflect the business practices of these new companies. I'm not trying to be overzealous, just keeping people informed in a better way as this new industry emerges. Scammers just discourage people from being interested in Bitcoin, and unfortunate reality that could be mitigated, in the end the community pulse is the best measure for the general consensus. So this will will just be a quick glance of which companies have delivered. I had a different intent when I began this, like most coiners I'm learning as I go too.
Activity: 136
Merit: 100

I just wanted to organize something communal for consumer awareness in dealing with these companies, because a lot of them are scammers. I'm not appointing myself anything but a record keeper of relevant facts in a collected place so instead of countless "is it a scam" threads for an easy assessment.

The criteria you are putting forth as deciding whether or not a company is a "scam" or not is based on conjecture. The only valid criteria would be placing a test order with a particular company and monitoring the results. Do they deliver as promised or not is the only point that matters.

I am going to entirely reformat this into more of a factsheet and instead of a firing squad., simplify it based on who has shipped or not and and relevant data about these businesses.

If this goes off course I am happy to request this thread be pulled myself. Maybe, BTC-Joe you could offer a better idea instead of calling me some kind of crypto-facist and instigating a flame war.

What you should have done is started a list rewards businesses who live up to their promises by highlighting the good ones. Instead you decided to label all of them "scammers" and put the onus of disproving said indictment on the business owner.

Bitcoins are new. Most of the bitcoin-related businesses are new. They are all going to go through growing pains and have issues to work out. A certain percentage of them will turn out to be scammers...but you don't burn down a city to ensure that a few people have nowhere to hide.
www.DonateMedia.org
So is CedarTec a scam or not?
I don't think anyone has seen anything real from them, I'd be cautious
Activity: 27
So is CedarTec a scam or not?
www.DonateMedia.org
Thank you for taking cloudhashing off of the "Approved non scam list".

I am still 98% positive that is a scam, it is just a well implemented scam with faked documents, a legit website, etc.

I was kind of shocked you gave them your seal of approval, but did not say anything. I guess because he sent you his forged BFL preorder proof you did this, I can see your reasoning. But this kind of information can be easily faked by anyone that has Photoshop and half a brain.

I had a convo with their owners, though in the end I don't put it past anyone how meticulous a lie can be. They seemed honest though.

Avalon ASIC - launch.avalon-asics.com/ (Product shipments confirmed in the wild, shipping of next batch is imminent)

and from avalon's web site:

Batch #1
Batch Status: Shipping
Unit Price: $1299
Batch Size: 300 Units
Order Opened On: Sept 23th, 2012
Payment Processor: Paysius
Shipping Time: March 3st, 2013.

So we have 300 comfirmed shipments?
If not how many people are actually mining with avalon asic units atm?

I m just asking because i m new around and i can't tell by browsing this forum if asic mining is something that is happening right now or
there is one and only asic miner out there and an endless number of people waiting and speculating.

Thank you.

It would seem that way, Avalon has delivered in the past I see no reason to doubt they will miss their target
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
Avalon ASIC - launch.avalon-asics.com/ (Product shipments confirmed in the wild, shipping of next batch is imminent)

and from avalon's web site:

Batch #1
Batch Status: Shipping
Unit Price: $1299
Batch Size: 300 Units
Order Opened On: Sept 23th, 2012
Payment Processor: Paysius
Shipping Time: March 3st, 2013.

So we have 300 comfirmed shipments?
If not how many people are actually mining with avalon asic units atm?

I m just asking because i m new around and i can't tell by browsing this forum if asic mining is something that is happening right now or
there is one and only asic miner out there and an endless number of people waiting and speculating.

Thank you.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust
Thank you for taking cloudhashing off of the "Approved non scam list".

I am still 98% positive that is a scam, it is just a well implemented scam with faked documents, a legit website, etc.

I was kind of shocked you gave them your seal of approval, but did not say anything. I guess because he sent you his forged BFL preorder proof you did this, I can see your reasoning. But this kind of information can be easily faked by anyone that has Photoshop and half a brain.

www.DonateMedia.org
The scam alert portion of this has been removed, color codes only reflect hardware shipping status now. A failed experiment, I admit, I never meant to be any kind of authority and not what I had in mind, let's get this back on course.

This list is now informational only on the current status of hardware producers and a simple listing of new mining services, and community scam alerts. An at a glance status of the industry if you will.

Has anyone had direct contact with the listed companies so far aside Avalon and BFL?

www.DonateMedia.org
It seems what we need here is to voice the overall feeling of the community when it comes to whether a business is a scam or not, so I will begin generating community polls to reflect this over the color coded method.

No, what we need is a ban on members who make threads like this, believing they are the "authority" on what is a "scam" and what is not. You are also assuming that the vast majority of people here are incapable of discerning whether or not they can trust a company - in other words you think they're all stupid. The people who do get roped into a scam are usually victims of their own greed.

Unless you have any FACTUAL EVIDENCE that support your allegation that a specific company is engaging in fraudulent activities, you should keep your mouth and your speculations to yourself.

I will simply otherwise only add relevant facts to the database as we come across them supporting both sides of scam or legitimate.

How about you start by giving us a full disclosure on yourself. Your real name? Your address? Your phone number where we can call if we have to check up on any of your "relevant facts".

This should do away possible bias from me personally in deciding what status is declared.

The folks reading this thread should recall that the whole idea behind bitcoins "anonymity and freedom from centralized control". This fool wants to appoint himself as a federal regulator.

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
So has anyone reviewed http://www.cedartec.net/index.php yet?
If it's legit 999$ for 100GH/s is a good deal.

Seems like an impossible deal. They mean $99,000 not $999.

or its a scam like many others
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.

1500 GH/s around 30k $ butterflylabs..
I'm pretty sure the costs of assembling a 100 GH/s ASIC miner are nowhere near 1000$.
Activity: 714
Merit: 510

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Pages:
Jump to: