Pages:
Author

Topic: CoinCanary.org [No Longer Updated] - All Known Vendors and Status - page 4. (Read 35062 times)

Activity: 314
Merit: 250
Hello coincanary, very nice initiative!
Would be possible to add hashtec to your list ?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2406228

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
www.DonateMedia.org
The cat did it

Sad

I ran across something while I was doing something else entirely, namely the ITX cases ASIC-Technologies used in their latest project image...

Not to say they couldn't be using these little cases in actuality to house their ASIC hardware, but I doubt it. Looking at the ELA, the blackness suggests it has been resaved so many times the errors have leveled off, with fresh Photoshop activity in the middle denoted by the rainbow colors

http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?id=c7e25d3ccf81b9c8354be795ddf6a36ff831b950.3452&fmt=ela
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
www.DonateMedia.org
Very nice Bitcoinorama  Smiley Thank you for digging into them

Operatr doing a good job listing all the scammers.

This is the opposite of what ebay does by letting the scammers clean their negative feedback, ( or positive feedback with negative comments).

I hope the list of scammers is kept updated.

good job operatr.

Hey thanks man  Cool Just trying to make it harder for scammers to have free reign around here, as well as bringing legitimacy to those who deserve it too for delivering on their promises.

As far as updates, I am working on an entire site of its own to expand this into  Grin
Activity: 313
Merit: 258
Very nice Bitcoinorama  Smiley Thank you for digging into them

Operatr doing a good job listing all the scammers.

This is the opposite of what ebay does by letting the scammers clean their negative feedback, ( or positive feedback with negative comments).

I hope the list of scammers is kept updated.

good job operatr.
Activity: 406
btcgarden? seems like you spoke highly of them, this aiwill guy is proud and cocky thought he knows everything? he thought that his company is super big, many questions on the board he don't bother to reply.  Grin

Did he show his prototype? Does he has an open day for questions and answers at his mega facility? would he accept paypal?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=213172.120
www.DonateMedia.org
Very nice Bitcoinorama  Smiley Thank you for digging into them
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
legendary
Dear coincanary, I would also like to see which devices support p2pool. Does the jalapeno support p2pool?
www.DonateMedia.org

Where did you find RCM-miners metatron?

What do you mean please?

Their website or the images?

I just found it doing a general web search for mining companies, which led me to the Bitcointalk thread as well

So many it is getting hard to keep track  Roll Eyes
Activity: 208
Merit: 100

What do you mean please?

Their website or the images?

Activity: 308
decentralizedhashing.com
Oh good, for a minute there I thought I was going to have to be one of the test canaries!

Wow great analysis on asic-technologies

Any idea about Bitmine.ch?  They look pretty good, I can't see any reason not to add them to my list, what do you think Op?
www.DonateMedia.org
RCM-Miners:

Their product picture is a CoolerMaster Xport 351 with RCM 'shopped on it, no?

Nice catches Metatron  Smiley I will add them to the OP

These people seem to forget they are trying to scam a bunch of tech professionals and enthusiasts that know better...

Aww poor canaries
 Looking forward to a one stop shop for hardware updates

Yeah now the world is more humane, we only send miners down in the mines.

The first ones to die are usually called "preorder suckers" for some arcane reason. But hey, no more dead birds! Smiley

I suppose the pre-order crowd are a good analog for canaries  Grin They just die financially
KS
Activity: 448
Aww poor canaries

Yeah now the world is more humane, we only send miners down in the mines.

The first ones to die are usually called "preorder suckers" for some arcane reason. But hey, no more dead birds! Smiley
Activity: 208
Merit: 100
RCM-Miners:

Their product picture is a CoolerMaster Xport 351 with RCM 'shopped on it, no?

RCM-Miners:

CoolerMaster:

from: http://www.coolermaster.com.my/product.php?product_id=6604

ASXProject:

Their 'censored' ASIC chip:

The real chip (A 1994 Apple chip):

Huh
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3
If you look closely at the one on our site, you can see a butterfly in the webs Smiley
legendary
Aww poor canaries
www.DonateMedia.org
You get the email this morning from asic-technologies.com?  They really got their act together.  I hope people are doing their research.  I haven't heard anything new about them really, except what they say.  Any updates?  Operatr is probly extremely busy at the moment, but if anyone else notice anything useful I think it would be good to post it here.

I haven't received anything myself from them in pm or email.

They have posted some new pictures, however with the error analysis of the pictures the screenie of the case is definitely manipulated, nothing that looks like that is on scan.co.uk. Why would there be audio ports on an ASIC miner?

A little manipulation was done on the cgminer screenshot. There is clearly a square on it that has a higher error rate than the rest.

Hard to tell with the last one, heavy rainbow suggests it definitely went through Photoshop and was resaved several times to the point any manipulations are drowned out by error level reduction. If that grey thing in the middle of the monitors is the unit, it looks different than the first picture of the Photoshopped case. If the vent is on the side of it, any wires should then be coming out of the top, which I don't see anywhere. What else is odd is just the angle of that grey box, from a top down shot the top of it should be visible? It proves nothing otherwise, as the screenshot is too small to make out what is on the cgminer screen, it could be anything. The grey unit in the middle may not be anything related.

With ELA you cannot tell directly sometimes of manipulation, but these shots are not on the level. The only way to prove the last screenshot is 100% real is to see an unadulterated full size camera grab from the Blackberry it was taken with (in the metadata).

Also given BFL could barely get 5 GHash out of a unit that size without serious heat problems, how the hell are they pulling nearly 10,000 GHash out of something this size?

Given they have already been caught lying with that DSL modem picture, and nice little rant on the front page (see OP for these), zero reason to trust them so far. I still heavily advise against giving them any funds. Something else of note, there is no way to contact them from their website.

Ill post a proper image analysis later on the real CoinCanary website Smiley
Activity: 308
decentralizedhashing.com
You get the email this morning from asic-technologies.com?  They really got their act together.  I hope people are doing their research.  I haven't heard anything new about them really, except what they say.  Any updates?  Operatr is probly extremely busy at the moment, but if anyone else notice anything useful I think it would be good to post it here.
www.DonateMedia.org
He was kidding. But you have two usernames? And how is canary related to mining?

No, I'm just me Smiley

Canaries were used in the days before better air quality testing gear was available to miners. Much of the time there would be toxic gases released with digging, most notably carbon monoxide that is colorless and odorless (poisonous to humans). A canary was put in the mine ahead of the miners themselves, and if the canary died, they would know it was likely not safe for them either. This practice is no longer done in the civilized world of course, but long ago it was the only way to detect deadly gasses before the advent of mechanical air sensors.

The concept here is similar, much like the analog of real gold mining to digital Bitcoin mining, the scope is to alert miners to the information and dangers surrounding these many startups/scams before people get suckered.
Pages:
Jump to: