Pages:
Author

Topic: CoinChoose - alternative site to show respective profitability of the alt coins - page 30. (Read 150602 times)

Zyl
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Can you please add ADT, I am wondering if its profitable to mine or not? It trades on Cryptsy
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Hey coinchoose...

WDC has a block reward of 64 now. You need to update ASAP. This happened as of block 600,000.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
PPCoin disappeared?

Block Explorer failed.  Should be back up shortly.

Yep, one of the reasons I need to get CCE3 done. This time the database just got overloaded and started refusing connections. PPC is back in sync now.

I already have the Postgres and Mysql tweaked out as much as they will allow. CCE3 is designed around reducing connections and long searches in the databases to alleviate this problem.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
PPCoin disappeared?

Block Explorer failed.  Should be back up shortly.
Activity: 128
Merit: 100
Activity: 168
I love DustCoin.com - it provides a lot of good info.  However, I thought it would be nice to have a basic site, tied to pricing on one exchange with a simple JSON API access to get the data (in case I wanted to write a script to switch my minors).

Here it is - http://www.coinchoose.com/.  I only have the SHA-256 and as soon as I can find complete blockchains online or the clients sync for a few other currencies - I will add others to it.

Suggestions are welcome.
awesome news, keep this up please.  I'd like to see it
Activity: 252
with the current wall of coins the ability to see coins based on what exchanges you are a member of would be welcome
bump for this idea now you've added PhenixEx
More specifically with Elephantcoin, the depth of open orders is VERY shallow (less than .5 BTC).  I believe my code will take a weighted average of all open orders on Coins-E, as a result, which will lead to the small price.

Long story short - Elephantcoins needs more depth!
I noticed some prices are wrong in coinchoose. For example, elephantcoin (ELF):
http://www.coins-e.com/exchange/ELP_BTC/

the trades for last few days are all at or above 0.00000077, but coinchoose displays it as 0.0000003 for the last few days. Can you fix the issue?

First you have to look at open trades, not historical, then you have to look at a weighted average to a set depth.  So the pricing looks accurate still.
Activity: 588
I noticed some prices are wrong in coinchoose. For example, elephantcoin (ELF):
http://www.coins-e.com/exchange/ELP_BTC/

the trades for last few days are all at or above 0.00000077, but coinchoose displays it as 0.0000003 for the last few days. Can you fix the issue?
I'll be posting in a separate thread, but given the issue this past weekend of the change in the block reward on two coins and my inability to change it as I was away, I am looking for a partner to also help out with these tasks as well as taking the site to the next level and figuring out how better to monetize the site (since the more we can, the more useful it should be).

Anyone interested should PM me. 
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
FreshTheGame
As new user on forum but not in BTC world I am fascinated from marcetin crypto-currency directory as I am using also coinshoose regularly.

I have an idea for sal002 and marcetin if he would accept it, hope so....

As all BTC and altcoin story is opensource, like specified sites (coinchoose and crypto-currency dir.), why dont synchronize it in the way that I click on coin on coinchoose and directly link me on crypto-currency dir as they have lots of great info about coins. Of course vice-versa, that I have profitability and other infos which I dont have on crypto-currency dir and have it on coinchoose.

What are both of you think about my idea?

cheers

Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Hi, can you add coin code (3 letters) to the table?
I am using CoinChoose few months, I think that this is site that I refresh the most times by one day and every time I see a new coin I try to click its name in "Coin" column to get a info, but no, I had always to do a search for an coin informations on forum, search for pools and exchanges accepting it.
So few days ago I decided to make my own coin directory with all necessary info for dealing with it.

Topic on this forum - Suggestions are welcome Smiley

Main site: Crypto-currency directory

So now my friends and I use CoinChoose and my directory simultaneously.

I hope it will be useful for other people and the rest of community.

Looks good - kinda like wheretomine.com Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1124
Merit: 1013
ParalleCoin's ruler from the shadow
I am using CoinChoose few months, I think that this is site that I refresh the most times by one day and every time I see a new coin I try to click its name in "Coin" column to get a info, but no, I had always to do a search for an coin informations on forum, search for pools and exchanges accepting it.
So few days ago I decided to make my own coin directory with all necessary info for dealing with it.

Topic on this forum - Suggestions are welcome Smiley

Main site: Crypto-currency directory

So now my friends and I use CoinChoose and my directory simultaneously.

I hope it will be useful for other people and the rest of community.
Activity: 122
It looks correct now.  I don't know why it was looked different last night.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 683
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
Sorry - thought I addressed this and then went on vacation.  Looks like something in my code was reapplying the old block reward.  Things should  be back to normal now.
PXC is still showing 50 coins/block (should be 25)
CGB is still showing 5 (should be 2.5)
Seriously?  I see 25 and 2.5!!

Anyone else confirm?

I see 25 and 2.5 as well, IDK what other poster is seeing Sad
Sorry - thought I addressed this and then went on vacation.  Looks like something in my code was reapplying the old block reward.  Things should  be back to normal now.
Seriously?  I see 25 and 2.5!!

Anyone else confirm?
Activity: 122
Can the API pages please be updated with the same info?

URL's:
http://www.coinchoose.com/api.php?base=BTC
http://www.coinchoose.com/api.php?base=LTC

The differences in Api results now are:
BTC API that is missing in the LTC api:
           [minBlockTime] => 
            [networkhashrate] =>
            [adjustedratio] => 

LTC API that is missing in the BTC api:
           [exchange_url] =>
            [count] =>
  (Duke comment: what is this btw???)

---
I hope both api pages can be made the same so it's easyer to switch between the two of them.

Thnx for providing this great service!

Should be fixed now.
Pages:
Jump to: