Pages:
Author

Topic: CoinChoose - alternative site to show respective profitability of the alt coins - page 33. (Read 150602 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
That is true - Dreamwatcher is doing some great work over there with CCEIII Smiley.  The current CCE block explorers are the only ones I really trust as it is so happy to see what happens. 
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
I have talked to sal in PM's (After the quoted post, I believe). I have no issue with him using CCE as an information source. I had already white listed one of CoinChoose addresses and was unaware of a second address.

The Coinchoose address that was blocked was only one of many address I had to block. Unfortunately I have no way of knowing which addresses are from legit service providers and which are not until communications are opened.

I do not believe ABE was designed for the amount of traffic that CCE experiences. Once CCEIII is up and running, this types of issues should disappear as my redesign is centered around high traffic while serving one coin. ABE was designed with handling multiple coins at a time and I do not use it that way. Each coin is on its own instance of ABE. With CCEIII there might be a master Cherrypy server to direct traffic to the correct coin server, but each coin will be running under its own instance of explorer and web server.

Sal, you do not need to stop using CCE. I just need to know all your addresses, so when I bring the ban hammer down, you don't get accidentally banned.  Smiley

Before I get 10000000 posts yelling - CryptoCoinExplorer in an effort to reduce bandwidth has banned my polling of their block explorers.  This has affected ANY coin they have listed on their site as having a block explorer (FTC, CHN, NVC, PPC, TRC, BBQ, BTE, BTB, DGC, JKC, Franko, GLD, WDC, CRaftcoin).  They offer a great service and unfortunately, CoinChoose has impacted their service for other users, and we have agreed not to work to resolve it.

It will take some time, but I will just be bringing up coin daemons for each of these and downloading the block chain.  I apologize for any inconvenience. 
:)
CC is showing wrong reward on Anoncoin atm. Correct is 5.
Before I get 10000000 posts yelling - CryptoCoinExplorer in an effort to reduce bandwidth has banned my polling of their block explorers.  This has affected ANY coin they have listed on their site as having a block explorer (FTC, CHN, NVC, PPC, TRC, BBQ, BTE, BTB, DGC, JKC, Franko, GLD, WDC, CRaftcoin).  They offer a great service and unfortunately, CoinChoose has impacted their service for other users, and we have agreed not to work to resolve it.

It will take some time, but I will just be bringing up coin daemons for each of these and downloading the block chain.  I apologize for any inconvenience. 
Activity: 285
Merit: 250
thanks. i'll alert you if i see a discrepancy
Wouldn't it make sense to use stats.feathercoin.com?

Same thing buddy, stats.feathercoin.com is human readable (HTML), and api.feathercoin.com is computer readable (JSON)
Again - I get my stats from Cryptocoinexplorer - was it correct at the time? 

Sal, where can I see the difficulty on http://ftc.cryptocoinexplorer.com/ ?
Activity: 630
It does now, although I get a LITTLE weary to use a block explorer controlled by the coin developers.  I may just bring up a FTC daemon locally and use that instead.

Very good point indeed.

Incorrect. The difficulty change happened around 11pm eastern time last night and dropped to 137, and then about 2 hours ago, went back to 193.

So yes, your stats are correct now, but no, this is the 2nd time that I've noticed the drop was not seen by coinchoose. I can say other sites showed it.

Again - I get my stats from Cryptocoinexplorer - was it correct at the time? 
FTC Difficulty changes.. Why do they seem to always lag behind in updates when Difficulty drops?

I concur, I am trying to implement auto switching between FTC and LTC but I cannot because coinchoose says FTC difficulty is 193 whereas its actually 137.  Can we get this fixed it would be most appreciated.

thanks

I am using Cryptocoinexplorer to get the difficulty for FTC.  It appears there must be an issue there and I will reach out to the person who runs that site.

It does now, although I get a LITTLE weary to use a block explorer controlled by the coin developers.  I may just bring up a FTC daemon locally and use that instead.
Sal,  here's a more reliable source for ftc
http://api.feathercoin.com/?output=stats

Ahh!!  So the current difficulty is still 193, but the next diff is lower.  So, it seems my stats are still correct??
[/quote

Incorrect. The difficulty change happened around 11pm eastern time last night and dropped to 137, and then about 2 hours ago, went back to 193.

So yes, your stats are correct now, but no, this is the 2nd time that I've noticed the drop was not seen by coinchoose. I can say other sites showed it.
Well, to be fair - cryptocoinexplorer missed the diff drop Smiley  Was their a code change that allowed the diff drop to occur?  That is usually why sites miss changes - the code changes and an older version is still powering the site.  

I am, more or less, moving to local daemons as well, and just maintaining all these coins can get out of hand.
FTC Difficulty changes.. Why do they seem to always lag behind in updates when Difficulty drops?

I concur, I am trying to implement auto switching between FTC and LTC but I cannot because coinchoose says FTC difficulty is 193 whereas its actually 137.  Can we get this fixed it would be most appreciated.

thanks

I am using Cryptocoinexplorer to get the difficulty for FTC.  It appears there must be an issue there and I will reach out to the person who runs that site.

Ahh!!  So the current difficulty is still 193, but the next diff is lower.  So, it seems my stats are still correct??

Haha.  I thought you would say that.  YES,  your stats are correct now,  but they weren't 3 hours ago when I posted the above update.  Your site looks like it missed the drop in difficulty completely  Cheesy
Hi- I'm running a script that pulls JSON data from your site, and apparently my IP has been banned. Am I pulling data too often? I was running every one minute, now I"m changing it to 5. I'll go even longer if you'd prefer. Let me know.

Or maybe the problem is something else?

"The owner of this website (www.coinchoose.com) has banned your access based on your browser's signature. (Ref. 1010)"

Sorry if I've been taxing your servers or anything, it wasn't my intention!

It can handle once a minute, but the data shouldn't change that often (it is about every 5 now as the site got larger).

I'm getting this error regardless of the update time. Any ideas? The script is in python.

Have you tried setting a UserAgent in your code (below in PHP):

URLConnection conn = url.openConnection();
          conn.setRequestProperty("User-Agent", "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-GB;     rv:1.9.2.13) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)");

Hi- I'm running a script that pulls JSON data from your site, and apparently my IP has been banned. Am I pulling data too often? I was running every one minute, now I"m changing it to 5. I'll go even longer if you'd prefer. Let me know.

Or maybe the problem is something else?

"The owner of this website (www.coinchoose.com) has banned your access based on your browser's signature. (Ref. 1010)"

Sorry if I've been taxing your servers or anything, it wasn't my intention!

It can handle once a minute, but the data shouldn't change that often (it is about every 5 now as the site got larger).

I'm getting this error regardless of the update time. Any ideas? The script is in python.

You need to PM me your IP.  CloudFlare likely identified you as an attack.

thanks

Pages:
Jump to: